Page 155 of 233 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2321

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Could you comment on your experiences with X+Comp vs XL? I was comparing an X+PMM comp slide today vs XL slide and couldn't detect much difference. It seemed to me that with 124gr the comp recovered a little quicker and with 147gr they were about the same.
    Sure and I can do a representative video with the P365 guns to illustrate.
    Tagging @Totem Polar because he likes gun nerdery.

Here’s a recent example with a Griffin Mini-comp on an EDC X9.

7 yard doubles on a B8.

My general philosophy about comps are that they act like muzzle brakes with some amount of recoil management depending on their weight and the distribution of up-ports to side ports.

I’m using them to actually SLOW the slide rather than speed them up.

The slide on a P365 is so fast that it outstrips most of our vision and trigger finger coordination.

To catch the slide when it closes, it’s about a 0.12 split which is too fast to do reliably for me.

With a comp, it slows the slide to 0.15 or so which makes it much easier to visually track the dot and accurately trigger.

The EDC X9 with micro comp above at 7 yards had a resonant double split of around 0.17 which was easy for me to time accurate trigger press to vision.

With a P365 and heavier steel Armory Craft comp, it’s 0.15 splits with decent accuracy (three close and one flier).

So I can split faster and more accurately with a gun that has resonant double of 0.15-0.17 than I can with a gun with a resonant split of 0.12… because I have to wait longer for the dot to settle for a super fast slide than I do for a kind of fast one I can catch on the first bounce.

I currently have the following setups:

Ported P365 SAS
    Regular P365
    PMM P365 (shorter and lighter than…)
    True barrel and AC comp P365
    P365XL with home brew two 5mm ports.
    P365XL

I can run some back to back drills if you like but I find the ported / comped barrels and slides easier to shoot faster accurately.

Basically splitting above 0.18 and none of it really applies.

Picked up a new P365X today cause LE pricing got me in the feels.

Name:  3CE2C0B1-29B8-4542-90A1-A9B5D7FE3A4C.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  51.8 KB

Shot three B8s at 25y and put up a 96-2X. Decided to test/vet it with HPs that I’ve replaced over the last couple of years…

Name:  CF2B1BEB-7765-48A9-9975-460A8E387AF0.jpg
Size:  39.8 KB

Third round was either too hot or had bullet seat back. Round went off and was weird. Magazine came unseated and I could feel pieces splatter my face.

Name:  EEF274C2-27D2-4340-808D-CC49103FE273.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  27.4 KB

Name:  00B52591-DCB9-49E0-A22D-A8D9068D469B.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  29.0 KB

Name:  9C8A628E-C143-4ABF-834A-B2EED3C861B9.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  27.8 KB

Field stripped it, checked it good, found the magazine took the brunt of it.

Name:  3E8E5C74-F16E-48FF-AEFA-F2479C391A50.jpg
Size:  28.8 KB

Name:  08C5FB1E-848F-426E-B3BA-A43C0EA27BEB.jpg
Size:  27.2 KB

Pushed the follower back in place and decided I’d run it hard even though the base plate was cracked. 300 rounds total….267 rounds in addition to the B8s and detonation of that HP. I had an extra base plate at home and it’s back to normal now. Little gun held up well.

Pretty sure the round was an old Federal HST.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Picked up a new P365X today cause LE pricing got me in the feels.

Name:  3CE2C0B1-29B8-4542-90A1-A9B5D7FE3A4C.jpg
Size:  51.8 KB

Shot three B8s at 25y and put up a 96-2X. Decided to test/vet it with HPs that I’ve replaced over the last couple of years…

Name:  CF2B1BEB-7765-48A9-9975-460A8E387AF0.jpg
Size:  39.8 KB

Third round was either too hot or had bullet seat back. Round went off and was weird. Magazine came unseated and I could feel pieces splatter my face.

Name:  EEF274C2-27D2-4340-808D-CC49103FE273.jpg
Size:  27.4 KB

Name:  00B52591-DCB9-49E0-A22D-A8D9068D469B.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  29.0 KB

Name:  9C8A628E-C143-4ABF-834A-B2EED3C861B9.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  27.8 KB

Field stripped it, checked it good, found the magazine took the brunt of it.

Name:  3E8E5C74-F16E-48FF-AEFA-F2479C391A50.jpg
Size:  28.8 KB

Name:  08C5FB1E-848F-426E-B3BA-A43C0EA27BEB.jpg
Size:  27.2 KB

Pushed the follower back in place and decided I’d run it hard even though the base plate was cracked. 300 rounds total….267 rounds in addition to the B8s and detonation of that HP. I had an extra base plate at home and it’s back to normal now. Little gun held up well.

Pretty sure the round was an old Federal HST.

Regards.
    I’ll hold your beer…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

yikes

Probably wouldn't use that brass again.....

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    The papoose isn't part of the Enigma, it's sold by a 3rd party.
    Thanks! Is levodesigns the right company?

As to your other post Maple Leaf was already recommended. I'll give that a second. They have been awesome, turnaround was super quick and the nitriding job was stellar. I believe they will also offer you a discount. $50 off machining IIRC. I can't remember if there is expediting service for LE or not. I would check. I do recall them being 2 weeks faster than what was quoted both times I've used them. Communication was also excellent.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Thanks! Is levodesigns the right company?

As to your other post Maple Leaf was already recommended. I'll give that a second. They have been awesome, turnaround was super quick and the nitriding job was stellar. I believe they will also offer you a discount. $50 off machining IIRC. I can't remember if there is expediting service for LE or not. I would check. I do recall them being 2 weeks faster than what was quoted both times I've used them. Communication was also excellent.
    Correct.

Thanks. I've emailed them a few times in the past and never recieved a response. Still trying to figure out what to use for BUIS with a 507K.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Could you comment on your experiences with X+Comp vs XL? I was comparing an X+PMM comp slide today vs XL slide and couldn't detect much difference. It seemed to me that with 124gr the comp recovered a little quicker and with 147gr they were about the same.
    FWIW the Spectre model is noticeably different than the XL. I know you were asking specifically about the PMM but thought I'd add for anyone curious. There is a noticeable difference between the Spectre comped version VS the XL with anything other than 147's. I shot them side by side using razorback grips, factory grips, a factory grip with talons using their newer texture installed. I shot 147gr Ranger, 147gr HST, 124gr +p HST, 124gr standard pressure HST, gold dot 124gr +p and reloads using a 124gr HP that run 1,150 from a 4" barrel. Everything was noticeably softer and shorter in recovery time/very few losses of the dot from the window using a 507K X2 vs the XL with a 507K X2 where I lose the dot regularly, (except 147gr stuff, recoil felt exactly the same). Part of that might be all the grip issues I'm presently dealing with so the comp may be less dramatic if you aren't dealing with grip issues. On a side note that is not a performance metric. I was able to get through over 150 rounds between the two guns which I normally can't due to all the pain I've been dealing with. While I don't think it will enable everyone to run the 365X with comp/365XL Spectre at the speed of a full-size gun it's pretty freaking close, (well as close as you can get in a slim line gun) caveat. It might not be huge for your if you're GJM or the like. The argument of comp or no is very compelling, comp easily equals a very capable gun in a ridiculously small package that is scalable and ups performance I would say in the 20% range maybe more or less depending on skillset/technique with grip. At some point soon I plan on dropping on a P365 grip with the comp and comparing it to the XL. Kind of like DB's 48 slides on the 43 frames.

Correct.

Thanks. I've emailed them a few times in the past and never recieved a response. Still trying to figure out what to use for BUIS with a 507K.
    I've been looking at the Wilson Combat battle sights they look like they are profiled as not to eat clothing and they also look like they can sit closely to the optic without issue. I just haven't been able to talk to anyone to see what the rear height is for clearance, I want something a hair taller than factory. Wilson Combat was closed for inclement weather and I forgot to call back today to see if they were open so I could ask. I'm not a huge fan of the taller sights on such a small window and want to keep them as low as possible. Factory sights work fine but they sit a little too low in the window. FYI factory #8 rear is .250", front #6 being .230". # 8 front is .220" and #6 rear is .230" According to Sig. I have a boat load of them and most are a few thou plus or minus so it's a real crap shoot to regulate the sights. At least it has been for me.

@Up1911Fan here's an example of the factory #8 rears with the HS507K X2 in front on a factory slide. I'll get you one from the rear tomorrow showing how low they sit.
    Attachment 85023

Look at how little soot build up after a few 100 rounds. Figured there'd be more. Also it was easy to wipe up the inside of the slide where the barrel is recessed and the comp was a breeze hitting it with a toothbrush. I think I prefer this type of comp setup now I know it is actually useful. I really need to shoot it next to the PMM but I believe the PMM is a single port vs two port on the Spectre my guess is two port wins and I'm really only interested in factory solutions these days but it would still be great to compare.
    Attachment 85022

Such a neat package but man that gold has got to go. It looks ghetto fabulous. Blah!
    Attachment 85024

ETA: fix some spelling & grammatical errors and clarify a few things. Add photos because they're cool.
    Last edited by Mike C; 02-25-2022 at 09:48 PM.

Correct.

For Maple Leaf cut using the integrated rear sight on the optic, I had Dawson make me a 0.230 front that while not listed, they’ll make for you for the regular price because I paid for the set up fee already.

Name:  436E53D1-3991-4914-AFB0-FB327404D94D.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  32.2 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    FWIW the Spectre model is noticeably different than the XL. I know you were asking specifically about the PMM but thought I'd add for anyone curious. There is a noticeable difference between the Spectre comped version VS the XL with anything other than 147's. I shot them side by side using razorback grips, factory grips, a factory grip with talons using their newer texture installed. I shot 147gr Ranger, 147gr HST, 124gr +p HST, 124gr standard pressure HST, gold dot 124gr +p and reloads using a 124gr HP that run 1,150 from a 4" barrel. Everything was noticeably softer and shorter in recovery time/very few losses of the dot from the window using a 507K X2 vs the XL with a 507K X2 where I lose the dot regularly, (except 147gr stuff, recoil felt exactly the same). Part of that might be all the grip issues I'm presently dealing with so the comp may be less dramatic if you aren't dealing with grip issues. On a side note that is not a performance metric. I was able to get through over 150 rounds between the two guns which I normally can't due to all the pain I've been dealing with. While I don't think it will enable everyone to run the 365X with comp/365XL Spectre at the speed of a full-size gun it's pretty freaking close, (well as close as you can get in a slim line gun) caveat. It might not be huge for your if you're GJM or the like. The argument of comp or no is very compelling, comp easily equals a very capable gun in a ridiculously small package that is scalable and ups performance I would say in the 20% range maybe more or less depending on skillset/technique with grip. At some point soon I plan on dropping on a P365 grip with the comp and comparing it to the XL. Kind of like DB's 48 slides on the 43 frames.

I've been looking at the Wilson Combat battle sights they look like they are profiled as not to eat clothing and they also look like they can sit closely to the optic without issue. I just haven't been able to talk to anyone to see what the rear height is for clearance, I want something a hair taller than factory. Wilson Combat was closed for inclement weather and I forgot to call back today to see if they were open so I could ask. I'm not a huge fan of the taller sights on such a small window and want to keep them as low as possible. Factory sights work fine but they sit a little too low in the window. FYI factory #8 rear is .250", front #6 being .230". # 8 front is .220" and #6 rear is .230" According to Sig. I have a boat load of them and most are a few thou plus or minus so it's a real crap shoot to regulate the sights. At least it has been for me.

@Up1911Fan here's an example of the factory #8 rears with the HS507K X2 in front on a factory slide.
    Attachment 85023

Look at how little soot build up after a few 100 rounds. Figured there'd be more. Also it was easy to wipe up the inside of the slide where the barrel is recessed and the comp was a breeze hitting it with a toothbrush. I think I prefer this type of comp setup now I know it is actually useful. I really need to shot it next to the PMM but I believe the PMM is a single port vs two port on the Spectre.
    Attachment 85022

Such a neat package but man that gold has got to go. It looks ghetto fabulous. Blah!
    Attachment 85024

ETA: fix some spelling & grammatical errors and clarify a few things. Add photos because they're cool.

Thanks for the pics.

User Tag List