Page 13 of 232 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

If the trigger is 5.5lb or under I'll probably pick one up. This thing has me more excited than anything else right now.

Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

With the specs so close to the 43 and being a double stack it’s worth watching. It also makes me wonder what they could do with a single stack striker in 380. It seems to me that there’s a empty spot in the market between the LCP2 and the Glock 42.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Eastex; 01-11-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I am heading to the mega gun range/superstore here in Tampa tomorrow to help a friend shoot at the range for the first time.

I talked to the counter guy today about the range rentals; he said they had a new bunch of stuff in. If they have one of these P365s available, I will definitely take it for a spin if possible.
    No Sig P365 at rental counter at Shooter’s World today, sorry.

Hammertime
    Did some weighing and arithmetic.

My G4 G26 unloaded, no mag weighs 19.9oz, with mag is 21.9oz, loaded with 11 147 HST is 27.3oz
    Glock specs a 21.7oz weight for the G26 unloaded, obviously including mag
    Glock specs a 17.9oz weight for the G43 unloaded, with mag. Mine weighs 21.6oz loaded with 7 147 HSTs
    Sig specs 17.8oz for the P365, I assume with mag. At least one article I saw noted that that weight was with the mag.

Sig has pretty cleverly mated a G43 upper to a contoured G26 lower. I think a 4 oz weight drop from a G26 and 10 round capacity is fairly impressive. I think Sig hit a sweet spot.

P365 should weigh 23.2 oz loaded with 11 147 HSTs, 1.6oz heavier than the 7 round G43 and 4.1 oz lighter than the 11 round G26.

Not sure if anyone cares, but at least I unloaded my brain.

There is an Appendix Carry holster on Sigs website. https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sig-s...y-holster.html
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    There is an Appendix Carry holster on Sigs website. https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sig-s...y-holster.html
    Leaves a lot to be desired. Their description is incorrect as well. They're getting the name of the Modwing being used wrong and calling it by another products name.
    Last edited by orionz06; 01-12-2018 at 08:36 AM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Did some weighing and arithmetic.

My G4 G26 unloaded, no mag weighs 19.9oz, with mag is 21.9oz, loaded with 11 147 HST is 27.3oz
    Glock specs a 21.7oz weight for the G26 unloaded, obviously including mag
    Glock specs a 17.9oz weight for the G43 unloaded, with mag. Mine weighs 21.6oz loaded with 7 147 HSTs
    Sig specs 17.8oz for the P365, I assume with mag. At least one article I saw noted that that weight was with the mag.

Sig has pretty cleverly mated a G43 upper to a contoured G26 lower. I think a 4 oz weight drop from a G26 and 10 round capacity is fairly impressive. I think Sig hit a sweet spot.

P365 should weigh 23.2 oz loaded with 11 147 HSTs, 1.6oz heavier than the 7 round G43 and 4.1 oz lighter than the 11 round G26.

Not sure if anyone cares, but at least I unloaded my brain.
    Well I find that interesting. What do you think makes the G26 more shootable than the G43? Is it the extra weight, or slightly larger grip dimensions? With the G43 I find it difficult to go from finger beside the frame to on the trigger where it's easy on the G26 and I can shoot the G26 faster. Judging by the pics the P365 is similarly small to the G43 in the trigger area and if it's that much lighter than the G26, I think it will shoot more like a high capacity G43 than a G26. I definitely want to try one but am too invested in G42/43/26 to change.
    Adam

Plus it’s still the same old Glock vs Sig. Glock still has the advantage for simplicity and that goes a long way with me. Glock also has a pretty good rep as far as I know, while Sig has been compromised lately. Hopefully this changes in the future. I would love to see this gun succeed because it just may help get more people to carry. I can’t see switching from the Glock platform anytime soon though. I would be very interested to shoot one of these though and see how it compares to my G43. One of the big reasons I switched to the G43 was how much more easily I could shoot it compared to other single stack 9s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    Well I find that interesting. What do you think makes the G26 more shootable than the G43? Is it the extra weight, or slightly larger grip dimensions? With the G43 I find it difficult to go from finger beside the frame to on the trigger where it's easy on the G26 and I can shoot the G26 faster. Judging by the pics the P365 is similarly small to the G43 in the trigger area and if it's that much lighter than the G26, I think it will shoot more like a high capacity G43 than a G26. I definitely want to try one but am too invested in G42/43/26 to change.
    It is both, for me. The frame of the 42 and 43 are small, and my fingers and thumbs are long. G26 is very concealable, but also very easy to run. G42 and 43 compromise ease of running for added concealability. The G42, due to milder recoil, is easier to run with the necessarily compressed grip I have to use on both of them.

For my wife, the opposite is true: the G26 is barely workable and uncomfortable because she has tiny hands. She can barely reach the trigger, but can control the recoil. The 42 and 43 are much easier in all dimensions for her to run. The 42 is her choice because of the milder recoil on the narrow grip is more pleasant to shoot and easier to control than the 43.

I am quite certain that she won't like the 365, if only because it will concentrate 9mm recoil in a light gun on a narrow grip. Not her thing.

For me, the G26 is proven. 2 cases of ammo through mine. I can buy another one today, and accessories anywhere. Ubiquitous, generic, common things become that way for a reason. To quote someone smarter about these things than I am.

And gadgets.
    Last edited by Duelist; 01-12-2018 at 09:25 AM.

I find the 26, or 19 chopped to 26, to be an incredibly great shooting, small gun, and the 43 to be much harder to shoot well. If the 365 shoots more like a 26, but is close to 43 in size, it will be a winner for me. If not, I can see the appeal to Sig fans, but not me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List