Page 12 of 232 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/...-for-glock-43/

http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/...-40-base-pads/

TT makes plus 3 extensions for G43 and can get the Shield to 10 rounds.

1 round difference isn't a game-changer. And the more rounds that are crammed into a single stack, the longer it gets in the grip which defeats a large portion of their concealment advantages.
    Plus X mags in the 43 are not known for reliable function.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The p365 may not have a role for this forum, but I think it'll sell like hotcakes. When I think of the mass market, it's people that go to Cabelas and get their first gun there. Cabelas! Home of the MSRP for firearms. Cabelas claims that 50% or so of its gross profits are from firearm sales. And it's not people who are just window shopping and then buying online (like me).

So think how easy a sell this gun would be to a new owner.

I want something low profile and easy to carry.

Here are all the single stack. G43, G42, Shield, P938, LCP are all popular. But... Here's one from Sig that is the same size but has more capacity.

Sold. Details like recoil, trigger reset, long pull, etc, are completely irrelevant for most first time buyers.

I love my 43 with TT +2, and yes, you can near the P365 capacity, but again the mass market doesn't even know Taran Tactical from Tarzan.

2 cents dropped.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

A couple days ago I ran 100 more rounds through my 43 with the Taran +1 and +2 pads. Still no problems with mine.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Mine have been flawless as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Won't +3's make the grip significantly longer though? I feel the allure to the Sig is that they managed to keep it a similar size as the others with the additional capacity. Although it does appear in the pictures that the extreme measurement of width is similar, but overall it's slightly thicker in other dimensions. However, I'm just eyeballing it from some of the pics I have seen. In any event, it's on my radar, but not until they have been in circulation for a while and real owners reviews start popping up.

On paper, the 365 ticks all of the desired boxes for comfortable and effective EDC for me. I have, somewhat arbitrarily, decided on a 10 round minimum magazine capacity for carry. Fat and heavy "subcompacts" are a necessary compromise that makes for a rather sore hip and shooting nerve pains. I'll wait for at least a year to see how the 365 shakes out.
    "A woman is not property, and husbands who think otherwise are living in a dreamworld."
    Heinlein

The only floorplate I fully trust on my 43 is the pearce so that gives me 7+1 with a minimum length added, the plus 2's and 3's defeat the purpose of the pistol in my view.

Glock 26... Glock 26... Glock 26...
    It's shorter, skinnier, and lighter than either the G26 OR the G43. It's a millimeter or three taller than both.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I am heading to the mega gun range/superstore here in Tampa tomorrow to help a friend shoot at the range for the first time.

I talked to the counter guy today about the range rentals; he said they had a new bunch of stuff in. If they have one of these P365s available, I will definitely take it for a spin if possible.

I think this thing has some serious possibilities. As much as I saw Sig take it in the shorts over Drop Gate, and deservedly so, I don't wish the company any ill will. I hope it succeeds, as it seems to me it gives us newer, older, smaller frame shooters another option.

Less than a month ago I swore of Sig due to their handling of the p320 issue, yet here I am interested in this thing. I am a slender guy so thicker guns are harder for me to conceal and this is a great size/capacity design. I'll have to let it shake out for at least a year or more, but I await some trusted forum member here to put it through its paces and see how it does in the real world.

If anything innovative ideas are never a bad thing to drive an industry forward.

User Tag List