Page 119 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    I went with the green 407k. It messes with my astigmatism less. Not finding the 6moa dot to be a detriment to good shooting at all, even plinking on 10” plates at 100 meters. Liked it well enough to order one of their full-size Holosun with a 6 MOA red ring to put on another project at some point.
    Thanks for the confirmation. I seem to do better picking up the color red than green, but who knows. I don't know how astigmatic my eyes are, but I am severely myopic, with corrections something like -12/-14 L/R or numbers to that effect (what they mean, I'm not sure, other than the optometrist raises her eyebrows every time I come in to the office, heh.)

I appreciate the info on the 6 MOA dot, thanks, that's most likely the direction I'll go in for the P365x.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

I appreciate the info on the 6 MOA dot, thanks, that's most likely the direction I'll go in for the P365x.
    Second range visit today with the P365x. I installed the 407k I'd bought and shot AE 124 FMJ. After five magazines for me to remember that shooting thin 9mm carry guns require a bit of firmness in the grip, I concentrated and got this 10 round slow fire group at 10 yards.

Name:  IMG_0008.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  38.0 KB

I set the 6MOA dot up for about 2 clicks down from full bright. Sight picture is good. Very crisp dot, and a bit larger than the 2 MOA dot on my game gun's HS507c, of course (Glock 34 Gen 5). I am a bit surprised, even though this optic body is like 1" wide the sight picture, doesn't, really, look all that different from the sight picture on my 1.2" wide HS507c's at first glance. So far so good.

P365 shot left handed (two handed at 7 yards) on a 1” dot, non-slow fire.

Name:  DC85899E-137B-4E4E-817A-DE8B018E77DC.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  33.0 KB

PMM comp and OEM RSA don’t like weak ammo so going to play around with:

Name:  EEADDCEC-22B7-4FCD-B9D2-95563BA696DB.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  40.7 KB

With a vise to overcome the loctite

Name:  11CCE329-07FD-4828-B7F4-E05640C78468.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  102.2 KB

Will see if the Glock flat springs fit when shortened.

Or else I’m going to start cutting coils.

I've had no issue with my 365 with PMM comp, but I'm somewhat tempted to try to the DPM Systems recoil system for my P365X + PMM comp after seeing some video of it on a comped P320 and how much faster it was to get back on target.

Starts at high speed, stock recoil vs DPM

Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    I've had no issue with my 365 with PMM comp, but I'm somewhat tempted to try to the DPM Systems recoil system for my P365X + PMM comp after seeing some video of it on a comped P320 and how much faster it was to get back on target.

Starts at high speed, stock recoil vs DPM
    PMM365 with Lawman shoots fine. But in order to run lighter target ammo, it has less margin so I'm looking to give back some margin.

I have thousands of rounds with the DPM system for Shadow 2 and eventually wound up going back to a stock spring because of improved predictability of return to target.

This is going to be high level gaming but sometimes faster back to target is actually more difficult to shoot.

Here is me with a stock Czechmate. The gun gets back to target for 0.12 second splits. But for most people the mechanics and vision of that is too fast to do predictably and regularly.

So by opening up side ports for more muzzle brake and less downforce, it slows "return to target" but makes it much more shootable at 0.14-0.18 splits.

Take that even farther with more side port and it gets even easier.

Here are 25 yard doubles at ~0.20 splits.

The slide speed of a P365 is incredibly fast.

Faster than most people's vision and most people's mechanics.

The stock P365 returns in time for 0.12-0.13 splits if the mechanics are there.

I want a SLOWER (which is where the comp comes in) and a MORE PREDICTABLE return to battery.

The DPM for me in thousands of rounds of shooting them in Shadows made them harder to shoot.

Ironically

@t1tan

Ironically I’m using a cut DPM donor spring for this captured rod setup.

The ISMI flat wire is similar to their Glock ones. It is stiffer than the 11 pound.

Name:  979EED2D-2AA5-4940-B047-B2394DBE85DC.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  66.9 KB

Site Supporter
    I'm trying again with the P365. I bought the Boresite Solutions P365 Razorback grip from the "for sale" thread and I am hoping it will correct the issues I had with the little P365 grip. We'll see.
    --Jason--

PSA

With the Armory Craft comp, there is binding with the recoil spring rod.

So I used the ISMI replacement with 15# spring cut down 1.5 coils and removed the Allen head screw on the cap (after heating to remove loctite) so that it’s essentially a non-captured assembly.

That lets the rod stay flat while the barrel tilts. @JCS

Name:  E1D55F1F-EB57-451C-B8AE-2A90D07043B0.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  46.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I'm trying again with the P365. I bought the Boresite Solutions P365 Razorback grip from the "for sale" thread and I am hoping it will correct the issues I had with the little P365 grip. We'll see.
    I've found the Razorback to be a definite improvement (for me anyway) with my XL.
    Prior to the Razorback I was running a double layer of Talon grips on the Sig module with improved results, I don't find the Razorback texture to be all that aggressive so... what the hell,
    I'm gonna try a Talon grip Pro texture on the Boresite module,
    If I can get it fitted, I've got a kit with extra material due in this week.

After my failed experiment with an orange Night Fision front sight, I pressed on an Ameriglo orange front. Much, much better - I’m going to try it with the SIG rear. Plus, the orange is a much brighter version. I may order another and replace the Night Fision I put on the M18, it’s that same dull orange as the failed one. Lesson learned.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List