Page 114 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Another data point, August 2021 manufacture P365:

Uncocked, manual safety can be activated and deactivated. When activated, the slide can not be cycled.

Cocked, manual safety can be activated and deactivated. When activated, the slide can be cycled at will.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I don't own one of these but if I did, I would've preferred that slide is mobile in any safety position and especially in a decocked state.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Coming from 1911s I never really questioned it.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

Uncocked, manual safety can be activated and deactivated. When activated, the slide can not be cycled.

Cocked, manual safety can be activated and deactivated. When activated, the slide can be cycled at will.
    My P365s (2021 DOBs) are like this.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I don't own one of these but if I did, I would've preferred that slide is mobile in any safety position and especially in a decocked state.
    Coming from 1911s I never really questioned it.
    I just realized this is different than my M18 where the slide is never locked by the MS. Yeah, I think I’d prefer it the same too.
    Ken

Thanks for the responses. Honestly I don’t care if the slide locks when the safety is activated on an uncocked striker. I just wanted to make sure my 2 P365 didn’t have a problem that needed to be addressed. I always carry with a round in the chamber so it’s a non issue in my opinion.

Site Supporter

8500 rd P365 review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo0pLTppOUc

(If the link works)

I'm thinking of picking up another XL, found this
    when I couldn't sleep.
    Kind of interesting ProTEQ 8500rd review and
    comparison of original to late model 365's.

I was able to get the new P365 to the range last week. I’m really impressed by how shootable and accurate this little thing is. My eyes aren’t liking the green front sight, though - I may swap it out for my usual orange.
    Ken

I lost a mag to rust - opened my range bag and noted the two 15rd mags I use for the range were both mostly covered. One cleaned up with some elbow grease, but the other has a fair amount of pitting. Watch your mags. Oddly, apart from some light surface rust when I went down to the gulf coast, I’ve had no issues out of my carry mags.

I’d be thrilled if they’d just contract these out to Mec Gar.

I also suspect the 365XLs I have may have a lighter striker spring. I get about a 1-2/100 failure rate on Winchester small pistol primers using loads that are 100% in my other guns. Factory has been 100%.

Still liking the pistol, though a side-by-side comparison with a Beretta 92 yesterday reminded me how much recoil they actually have. I’ll be shooting them at the front end of my range trips from now on.

I used to have good luck with a Flitz product that offered corrosion protection, a gunwriter friend turned me onto it decades ago. I need to look and see what that was, I don’t think it was the usual polish.
    Ken

User Tag List