Page 107 of 232 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

I do wish the design was a bit more robust, but I'm not paranoid about the striker failing there and sending a round into myself. Here are the two similar failures I know of:

In the first case the user was pulling the striker back and slamming it against the striker block repeatedly when it broke. Had they left the gun like that it would not have been drop safe going forward, but I feel it would have been drop safe if the striker broke during a fall (the forward force required to break that striker tip would almost certainly dissipate the energy needed to ignite a primer).

In the second case the user had disassembled and reassembled their p365 and it had locked up somehow. He resorted to a hammer to free it and broke the striker in the process. Again, had this broken while loaded & dropped I don't see a plausible way the striker would retain enough momentum to ignite the primer. And with that mode of failure it would no longer be able cock itself so if it broke while intentionally firing it just wouldn't be able to shoot a 2nd time.

It is single point of failure, but as mentioned above, if there was a failure there it would most certainly happen during dynamic cycling (not just statically cocked), and the failure would then be failure to cock/shoot etc.

Site Supporter
    Note to self: if I ever take a hammer to my pistol, assume I broke something.

Wow! In the second pic, I wonder if he was trying to hammer it against the drop safe plunger and it was the striker that finally gave up the ghost? My 365 was super tight but mostly with barrel lockup. This is a really interesting design to me. I discovered the takedown lever deactivates the sear and it appears the striker is at rest in the channel after disassembly as well with no need to pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Again, had this broken while loaded & dropped I don't see a plausible way the striker would retain enough momentum to ignite the primer.
    You’re referring to the second picture? Can you explain that a little more? It looks like the entire sear engagement *and* drop safety area broke off in one go. If the sear engagement surface goes, isn’t the striker spring going to go home with the same amount of force as a trigger pull with no surface available to hit a safety plunger?

Quote Originally Posted by LowLead View Post
    If the sear engagement surface goes, isn’t the striker spring going to go home with the same amount of force as a trigger pull with no surface available to hit a safety plunger?
    Yeah if that snapped off it would go bang for sure. Literally nothing else to slow it down. Makes me appreciate the glock design that physically blocks in front of the striker inside the channel until the trigger is pulled. I thought the same thing the first time I took mine apart and looked at the striker.

Then again tons of other guns would go bang if the sear or striker broke.

Here are the comparison photos of normal 10 round pinky extension and 12 round mags compared to magguts +2.

I think the magguts is slightly shorter even than the OEM pinky. The 12 rounder is basically the same minus a small “pocket” on the end which doesn’t have any effect on concealment.

I think I’m over a thousand between them now. 27 rounds on board with spare mag.

Name:  30EADFF8-FDBF-4E6F-BACF-BB86E45060C9.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  61.1 KB

Name:  CDDEF10F-7F1E-48C1-8ECB-6AB8B9439D35.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  49.2 KB

I would like to see one single example of a 365 striker failure that resulted in an uncommanded ignition. One will do. There are literally more than one million of those pistols out there.
    Last edited by Archer1440; 03-10-2021 at 12:43 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tlong17 View Post
    Here are the comparison photos of normal 10 round pinky extension and 12 round mags compared to magguts +2.

I think the magguts is slightly shorter even than the OEM pinky. The 12 rounder is basically the same minus a small “pocket” on the end which doesn’t have any effect on concealment.

I think I’m over a thousand between them now. 27 rounds on board with spare mag.

Name:  30EADFF8-FDBF-4E6F-BACF-BB86E45060C9.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  61.1 KB

Name:  CDDEF10F-7F1E-48C1-8ECB-6AB8B9439D35.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  49.2 KB
    Is that the RMR CC or regular RMR ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Is that the RMR CC or regular RMR ?
    It is a cc

^ That is awesome.

I don’t know of a single time it’s happened and caused a discharge. And I carry mine a decent amount so it’s not something I think will happen. But just objectively looking at the design and comparing handguns, having a block in front of the entire striker is almost foolproof.

User Tag List