Page 100 of 232 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

I just ordered my THIRD Sig P365 tonight. Sportsmans Guide lists it as a “New” product, but I can’t see much difference. It comes with one mag, and a coupon for two free mags from Sig: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...unds?a=2231173

My P365’s all pull right around 4.5-5 lbs, according to my Lyman digital gauge. I’m getting 1lb 7oz with eleven rounds.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  61.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    I also use the Uplula. Interestingly, of the 5-6 mags I have (10, 12, 15 rounders), about half of them consistently load the first three rounds smoothly, balk but eventually accept the fourth round, and then load the rest smoothly. I've looked at the inside and run a cotton swab around, but can't find any burrs or other reasons for the "catching". Regardless, I've never had a problem with feeding and firing.

I have two P365s. Used a Lyman gauge to measure trigger pull. One averaged 5 lb. 1 oz. The other 4 lb. 13 oz. While both may have lightened a few ounces since I bought them (didn't measure pull initially), both were very smooth when new, and still are. One has stock sights, and one a Shield RMSw red dot. Interestingly, my digital postal scale reads both as 16.5 oz (w/o magazine).

I'm happy with mine.
    Mine did this also and I found the the bottom of the follower was catching on the mag catch cutout. It wouldn't do it every time but often enough to bother me. I removed the follower and put a slight bevel on it where it was catching. No more issues. Also this only occurred when I hand loaded the rounds. When I used my Uplula I couldn't get it to catch on the cut out.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I just ordered my THIRD Sig P365 tonight. Sportsmans Guide lists it as a “New” product, but I can’t see much difference. It comes with one mag, and a coupon for two free mags from Sig: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...unds?a=2231173
    I think the "New" part is just the SKU--it only comes with one magazine in the box.

It's actually a clever inventory management scheme. I'm guessing Sig found that magazine availability was a bottleneck--they could build guns faster than they could acquire the magazines for them. Yet, they know a lot of guns sit in gun stores for a period of time, with 2-3 magazines unused in the box. So instead they only put 1 magazine in the box, and mail you two more when you actually buy it. This improves that bottleneck--or, at the very least, reduces Sig's working capital requirements.
    Last edited by CalAlumnus; 05-20-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Site Supporter
    Just rechecked by two manual safety models with the lyman. They were still in the 6-7lb range. It does not feel like that much when actually pulling the trigger, could be my technique. It's uncommon for me to disturb the front sight with a deliberate trigger press, unlike the 43/48s that I owned.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    Mine did this also and I found the the bottom of the follower was catching on the mag catch cutout. It wouldn't do it every time but often enough to bother me. I removed the follower and put a slight bevel on it where it was catching. No more issues. Also this only occurred when I hand loaded the rounds. When I used my Uplula I couldn't get it to catch on the cut out.
    Makes sense, and I was too focused on looking for a burr in the magazine body that I didn't even think about checking the plastic follower. Will take a look shortly.

Thanks!!

1. I notice the P365 has thinner polymer for grip walls. I don't imagine that's a real failure problem, but do you feel the walls moving/crushing under a tight grip?

I also notice that many folks indicated the newer production models have resolved most problems, at least for those who post here.

2. How do FFL dealers see this? Are they still returning the P365 in large numbers to the mothership?

3. Does there appear to be a distinction now between problems/returns from civilian P365 compared to police (IOP) P365 sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    1. I notice the P365 has thinner polymer for grip walls. I don't imagine that's a real failure problem, but do you feel the walls moving/crushing under a tight grip?

I also notice that many folks indicated the newer production models have resolved most problems, at least for those who post here.

2. How do FFL dealers see this? Are they still returning the P365 in large numbers to the mothership?

3. Does there appear to be a distinction now between problems/returns from civilian P365 compared to police (IOP) P365 sales?
    1. Not at all

2. No

3. No

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post

None of the above. One anecdotal experience regarding #2.

https://www.maxonshooters.com/blog/s...d-torture-test

Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    I think the "New" part is just the SKU--it only comes with one magazine in the box.

It's actually a clever inventory management scheme. I'm guessing Sig found that magazine availability was a bottleneck--they could build guns faster than they could acquire the magazines for them. Yet, they know a lot of guns sit in gun stores for a period of time, with 2-3 magazines unused in the box. So instead they only put 1 magazine in the box, and mail you two more when you actually buy it. This improves that bottleneck--or, at the very least, reduces Sig's working capital requirements.
    Picked up my “New” P365 with one magazine today. The coupon is only good for ONE magazine, not two. I have a ton of 365 mags, but they advertised two. This pistol has an April 2020 birthdate, and a slightly different type of striker. The new striker is depressed into its channel differently, in order to remove the striker plate, and the striker.
    https://youtu.be/83hAANDK-zI

My P365 was manufactured on December 6, 2019 according to the sticker on the case. It has the new style striker with the angled tip however the striker sleeve that holds the slide plate on is the old non-locking style. Does anyone know where I can source a new style locking striker sleeve? SIG only sells the complete striker assembly for $39 plus shipping and even if I order that there’s no guarantee from reports I’ve read that I’ll be guaranteed to get the latest striker and striker sleeve! Calling SIG on Tuesday. I hope they’ll mail me one but I’m guessing they’ll want me to send the whole gun back instead.

It’s annoying that you can’t even look at the date of production and be sure you have all the latest part revisions. You really need to physically inspect the pistol.

User Tag List