Page 44 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Fired one today at the 25 yard line. 5 rounds to start with....

Name:  IMG_1436.JPG
Views: 736
Size:  67.7 KB

Offhand with a mixture of HST, Golden Sabres, and Gold dots. Sights are just off on the rears by a tad to the left. 5 more rounds same target/distance.....

Name:  IMG_1437.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  21.6 KB

Cleaned a dot torture at the 4 yard line. I don’t need one but may grab one next year. Needs Talon grips.

Name:  IMG_1438.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  35.5 KB

My initial thoughts are "Well, it's about the last thing I need.....one more pocket pistol" but it does seem to be about the same size as my G42. I'm not sure I could go 550.00 like the owner of this particular copy did but I keep having to remind myself that the Xray sights are standard.

The lower.......it sure felt "cheap" to me once the slide was removed. And the magazines are going to have to come down in price substantially as I usually buy a total of six mags per gun. To the gun's credit, function was smooth and no issues (only about 100 rounds) but I did notice some brass marks on the front of the ejection port and some 2 o'clock ejection during live fire.

I'm probably in the "wait" camp until the mags get more reasonable and I can find a copy in the lower 4-450 range. I am wondering when MGW will have a shoe out for it so I can add that to my kit of sight pusher shoes. This one wasn't off by enough to risk pushing it without a shoe nor beating on it with a brass punch. The owner said he couldn't hit a Buick from 25 yards with it so I left that alone. Used a dial caliper to confirm that the rear is too far left.

Regards.

Oh yeah, the sights are a 6 o'clock hold.....which I dig.....so I give it good marks for that too.
    Last edited by lwt16; 06-16-2018 at 04:11 PM.

More rounds through the p365 and still no malfunctions. Probably 400-500 through it so far. Shot a FAST clean in 5.75 with it today. Video here: https://www.instagram.com/calmlydemented/?hl=en
    I’ve shot it at 50 and 75 yards also, target pics at the link above. Not terrible, 18/20 hits at 50 and 15/20 hits at 75. Target was a huge uspsa type though.

I know it’s been awhile since I shot a tiny gun, but this one seems better than my last g43. Part of that I know is just the crisp sight picture of the stock p365 sights. We’ll see how it goes, I’ll probably have 1k through it by the 4th then sell it to a buddy. It’s not the only gun I’m shooting and the M9 is always my primary focus. It’s just an interesting distraction in some downtime between .mil matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    That means shit to me, (no offense and nothing to do with you). Collectively, Sig is full of shit. I wanted this pistol to work so badly and it is an epic flop. I want an MPX so badly I can taste the carbon but every time I get the urge I remember the P320, the QC on all the legacy lines and the P365 issues and the urge quickly dies. I love the size and the way the gun shoots but thats where it stops for me right now. I wish I could take them for their word but now all I see is a used car salesman every time one of their reps opens their mouths, consciously I think they are lying. I hope they get their shit together because this gun really could stomp the shit out of everything in its class if they could clear all the bugs out.
    This like 100000x

I want this gun to be fixed and good to go. It’s almost a unicorn carry gun with good capacity, tiny size and seemingly good shootability. But we have peening barrels, dead triggers and broken strikers. Seriously?! It seems Sig could figure out a way to fuck up selling condoms at a whorehouse.

The question to me is to whether Sig:

1) came up with a brilliant design and poorly executed it

or

2) came up with such a/an (audacious) design that even with great manufacturing, it isn’t reliable and durable
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

or

2) came up with such a/an (audacious) design that even with great manufacturing, it isn’t reliable and durable
    Those are very good questions.

Its got to be close to the edge of what you can in the size vs capacity category.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

or

The devil is in the details. The basic overall design of the P365 is good, but some of the details needed to be ironed out.

If there is a flaw in the design, I think it's the short lock up time. The barrel & slide are locked up only for a short distance before unlocking occurs, resulting in primer wipes.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Another question: Are we seeing fewer defects in newer 365 pistols because Sig fixed the problems or because they haven’t been in the field long enough to fail yet?

Now at 750 rounds, still haven’t cleaned it. I’m not ready to carry it yet, but it sure is a nice package.

Name:  1DDEF9EC-911E-4CA4-B4CB-645D4E0E0CF6.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  55.6 KB

Name:  FAA7F1E5-73E9-4794-89B4-2F341C9ECE09.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  44.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Another question: Are we seeing fewer defects in newer 365 pistols because Sig fixed the problems or because they haven’t been in the field long enough to fail yet?

Could also be that Sig is making running changes that they aren't formally announcing. I can't remember which forum it was on, but someone did a very detailed side-by-side with photographs showing all of the differences with the latest ones.

Quote Originally Posted by shakazulu12 View Post
    Could also be that Sig is making running changes that they aren't formally announcing. I can't remember which forum it was on, but someone did a very detailed side-by-side with photographs showing all of the differences with the latest ones.
    That would be an interesting read if you could recall the site and provide a link. It wouldn't be this would it? https://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p365-p...nges-p365.html
    Last edited by UNK; 06-23-2018 at 01:02 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List