Page 219 of 232 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I "grew up" shooting 1911s, and they're still my favorite pistol of all time. I currently carry a P365XL as a primary, with MS. I would not trade it for any compact 1911, as it just makes so much more sense from a maintenance, capacity and "value" perspective. Having said that, a P365 trigger of any sort is NOT anywhere near comparable to a 1911, and you will notice it right away. The current iteration of the P365 MS is skimpy, and not crisp/positive like a good 1911 safety. It's not bad, it's just not the same.

For ME, the advantage in weight, capacity, cost, etc make the juice worth the squeeze. Might be different for you - I'd strongly recommend shooting a rental or loaner XL against your M&P Compact to see what the real world differences are.
    The trigger doesn't really hold back shooting once used to it and broken in.

Either distance or close drills

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Surprised @UNK didn’t mention it, but maybe I’m missing some context. UNK and his machinist buddy have an extended safety already available for the M&P Shield Plus line.

If you’re already into M&Ps but want something lighter and thinner with a workable thumb safety, that might be a very easy transition back and forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    @Hot Sauce mentioned the Shield safety. Im not trying to hard sell but Ive got just a few left. Bill will make more but not till the 365 safety is done.
    You can look at them here https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....p-W-Shield-2-0
    and msg me at shieldthumbsafety@gmail.com remind me of your user name and Ill have one headed your way. I have a couple molds left for modifying a kydex type holster with a heat gun to accept the safety. If not thats ok too.
    No, I’m planning on divesting myself from M&Ps and thinking a P365X with a PMM comp and EPS carry will be big/small enough to replace both the M&P compact and shield plus.

Honestly, I’ve come to the conclusion that 15+ rnds of 9mm in anything is more weight than I want to carry. 10-12 in a 365 sized plastic gun just may be my sweet spot.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    No, I’m planning on divesting myself from M&Ps and thinking a P365X with a PMM comp and EPS carry will be big/small enough to replace both the M&P compact and shield plus.

Honestly, I’ve come to the conclusion that 15+ rnds of 9mm in anything is more weight than I want to carry. 10-12 in a 365 sized plastic gun just may be my sweet spot.
    Name:  IMG_5575.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  29.1 KB

Sorry for the bad pic, but I’d say this is the sweet spot.
    If you're not going to learn to use the front sight properly, don't bother with it. If pointing the gun, screaming "Ahhhhh!" and cranking on the trigger is all you can learn to do, work on doing that safely. -ToddG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 60167 View Post
    Name:  IMG_5575.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  29.1 KB

Sorry for the bad pic, but I’d say this is the sweet spot.
    Exactly what I’m looking for. Now to find the cheapest way to build it!!

You won't be disappointed...I switched from shooting mostly 1911's, CZ's, and M&P's to Glocks and 365's (XL and Macro), it's been well worth it. 365 isn't perfect and I agree with those seeking a wider TS, but it's a pretty well thought-out design.

Something that concerns me is a few random YT reports of AD's (I haven't verified these) and comments like the following that was posted in the Sig 320 thread:

Quote Originally Posted by HCM
    I can tell you we’ve had enough problems with P365 series guns that we went from allowing any P365 series (commercial or LE/IOP sourced) to only allowing LE/IOP sourced guns even with mandatory armorer inspections prior to being put into service.
    @HCM can you summarize the issues you saw or give a link if you've posted details on this here before?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    You won't be disappointed...I switched from shooting mostly 1911's, CZ's, and M&P's to Glocks and 365's (XL and Macro), it's been well worth it. 365 isn't perfect and I agree with those seeking a wider TS, but it's a pretty well thought-out design.

Something that concerns me is a few random YT reports of AD's (I haven't verified these) and comments like the following that was posted in the Sig 320 thread:

@HCM can you summarize the issues you saw or give a link if you've posted details on this here before?
    Off the top of my head

Out of spec takedown levers
    Rear sight dovetails cut out of spec / too large
    Dead trigger / broken trigger return spring
    Back plate retention tab breaking and striker popping out the back

That last one only affects the old design has been addressed in current production.

Zero reports or claims of ADs without trigger being pulled.

Internally the 365 uses a conventional striker safety arrangement. The FCU 365 is also quite different being a casting that is finish machined vs a stamping in the 320.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-30-2023 at 09:38 AM.

Site Supporter

These last few weeks of hot, humid weather had me considering carrying my P365 instead of my G19. It's always hot and humid in Fayetteville so I think I'm just getting softer as I get older. We'll see if I make it through August with the G19.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Zero reports or claims of ADs without trigger being pulled.
    That's the bit I was most interested in, and was hoping that hadn't changed since I'd seen you post something similar to that, a year or two ago.

You also listed broken trigger return spring. Is that a frequent issue? Haven't seen it with my stable of three, or other folks I know with 365's, but that's a fairly small sample. I did used to get broken TRS on some CZ's, a really annoying issue.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    That's the bit I was most interested in, and was hoping that hadn't changed since I'd seen you post something similar to that, a year or two ago.

You also listed broken trigger return spring. Is that a frequent issue? Haven't seen it with my stable of three, or other folks I know with 365's, but that's a fairly small sample. I did used to get broken TRS on some CZ's, a really annoying issue.
    I’ve only seen one and heard of another in 365s.

We had many broken TRS in the 320, enough that SIG re-designed the spring and we retrofitted all our 320s with the new spring.

Site Supporter
    It wasn't too long ago that 12-13 round SIG P228/P229 pistols in 9mm/.40/.357 SIG were common CC-MIL & Fed guns. They were significantly bigger and heavier than the 365, and capacity was rarely seen as an issue.

User Tag List