Page 152 of 232 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    G26 maybe?
    IIRC Gen3 G19/G17 still had single and Gen 4 was dual.

This thread is killing me in so many ways….
    Appreciate the catch of my mistake. I meant to type Gen3 into Gen4 and not Gen2 into Gen3. The dual spring RSAs officially started in the Gen4s but I believe they may have shown up in one of those infamous "rolling updates" in a Gen3.5 type scenario. Again, I could be wrong. I updated my op with an ETA and posted credit to you for the catch, thanks.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

P365 vs XL RSA

Name:  724DB673-558D-4BB7-9B69-1E57659FF10B.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  62.9 KB

Name:  724DB673-558D-4BB7-9B69-1E57659FF10B.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  62.9 KB
    I think the rsa is one of the reasons the 365xl is a more thought out design than the g48. The g48, they just stuck the 43 rsa into it. Sig went with a completely different rsa for the 365xl

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Not to further the thread drift, but it's interesting as a non-M&P guy to see the wildly varying opinions on them. I've got a very good friend who's large PD has been issuing the M&P almost since the first ones hit the street, and he and his folks are completely happy with what they've got. Another friend from a different department wouldn't take and M&P for free if you were handing them out. Not sure what's going on there, but it definitely seems like a love it or hate it proposition...
    Glocks, M&P's, P320's...six of one or a half dozen the other. They're all good guns.

I'm writing a big long post I'm going to stick up in the next couple days about departmental police duty gun process/selection.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    @KevH much appreciate the knowledge dump. It is very useful.

One question, please? The Sig P365 Operators Manual, below...

https://www.sigsauer.com/pub/media/s...v00-LR_2_1.pdf

...specifies a 2,500 round count replacement for the Recoil Spring Guide Assembly on page 40, section 8.3, "Cleaning/Lubrication":

Attachment 84719

But the Armorers Manual lists the "Recoil Spring Guide Assembly" at 5K rounds (page 75, position 113a). Any thoughts as to why there are two different numbers (2,500, 5,000) for round count for replacement of the RSGA, or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!

(as a side note, it's interesting (compared, say, to a G48) that Sig uses a different part no. for the RSGA for the P365XL.)
    No clue. Armorer's manual and the very knowledgable instructor said 5k. So I'll go with that. Like I said before, "When in doubt. Swap it out."

For duty use 1911's we recommend swapping out the spring at 2500 rounds. On a Gen3 Glock 22 we swap them out at 2000 (stupid temperamental guns).

Both of those guns have springs or RSA's that are under $10. The P365's RSA is around $34-40. For my own gun I'll wait until closer to the 5k mark.

G26 maybe?
    IIRC Gen3 G19/G17 still had single and Gen 4 was dual.

This thread is killing me in so many ways….
    A little thread drift...

The Gen2.5 (no grenade texture between finger grooves) G26/G27 made in mid-to-late 1996 were the first two Glock with a double-captive spring followed by the Gen3 26/27 and the Gen3 29/30.

After the Gen3 Glock 22 light shenanigans (a personal living hell for all police armorers in the mid-to-late 2000's) Glock carried over the double-captive spring over to all of the Gen4 guns thinking it would mitigate their problems. It caused more.

All Gen2 and Gen3 Glocks used the same spring in the same size guns....so a G17 and G22 shared the same RSA, the G19 and G23 shared the same RSA, as did the G34 and G35. Their slides were also essentially the same. See the problem here?

When the Gen4 guns came out they were a hot mess (some of you will remember that) . They did the same thing with the springs trying to use the same one across calibers..only this time it was a double-captive spring designed for the G22. It was way over-sprung and caused malfunctions in the 9mm Glocks and only half-assed solved the 40 S&W issues. There were a bunch of variations that were supposed to "fix" the issues. It took about five years for them to get it right and by this time the Gen5 was already in the works. I find it somewhat amusing that it took Glock nearly thirty years to do what they should have done in the first place with the 40 S&W and use a heavier slide like most other manufacturers had done...and by the time they did the caliber is basically dead. In my humble opinion they would have been better off using a G20 re-chambered to that caliber rather than a G17.

All of this is to say that recoil springs matter and trying to share recoil springs with differing slide mass and/or caliber is a mistake.

I like that SIG didn't take the easy/cheap route with the P365XL by trying to share the same spring as the P365.

Man, @KevH I’m so glad you’re here.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    A little thread drift...

The Gen2.5 (no grenade texture between finger grooves) G26/G27 made in mid-to-late 1996 were the first two Glock with a double-captive spring followed by the Gen3 26/27 and the Gen3 29/30.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

In a recent interview Phil Strader said the p365 has a return to factory failure rate of .01%. The lowest of all sigs. Outside of the initial 1,000 pistols which had issues due to a new parts mfgr they’ve been rock solid.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    In a recent interview Phil Strader said the p365 has a return to factory failure rate of .01%. The lowest of all sigs. Outside of the initial 1,000 pistols which had issues due to a new parts mfgr they’ve been rock solid.
    I would venture a guess that once they were beyond
    their original faulty striker manufacture, a large number
    of those returned were for dim / dead sights, rather
    than any catastrophic mechanical failure.

User Tag List