Page 170 of 232 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Looking forward to your review. I'm guessing the same thing could be done for a Glock. Fancy Glock 17 length slide with comps cut into it installed on my G19 frame.
    I thought about it and had one in the cart.

But ultimately didn’t “pull the trigger.”

When I tested the Spectre Comp slide loaned to me by a friend, it was less effective than a PMM’d 365 if I was going to go XL length.

This would undoubtedly be similar and ultimately I couldn’t justify $400 ($525 if you get an extractor and striker) for something I wouldn’t shoot.

If I was going to grab a Spectre Comp vs a PMM for carry, It would be PMM all day long.

I don’t really shoot pistols anymore though. I’m living the long gun life.

Site Supporter
    I'm a couple of weeks and close to 400rds
    of mixed ball and HST's through a PMM comp
    in an XL... so far, I'm impressed with PM' s
    barrel / comp, it's very accurate and notably
    flatter shooting with a more subdued ? shot cycle.
    No doubt, I just shoot the gun better with the comp.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    I also use the Uplula. Interestingly, of the 5-6 mags I have (10, 12, 15 rounders), about half of them consistently load the first three rounds smoothly, balk but eventually accept the fourth round, and then load the rest smoothly. I've looked at the inside and run a cotton swab around, but can't find any burrs or other reasons for the "catching". Regardless, I've never had a problem with feeding and firing.

I have two P365s. Used a Lyman gauge to measure trigger pull. One averaged 5 lb. 1 oz. The other 4 lb. 13 oz. While both may have lightened a few ounces since I bought them (didn't measure pull initially), both were very smooth when new, and still are. One has stock sights, and one a Shield RMSw red dot. Interestingly, my digital postal scale reads both as 16.5 oz (w/o magazine).

I'm happy with mine.
    I ran into the 4th round hangup with my new 12 round extended magazine on 365 standard. I think it may have to do with the taper of the magazine springs where it steps down at the top of the magazine.

I love the trigger pull on mine, easily the best I've ever encountered on a factory pistol which is really pretty remarkable.

Bought an XL with a 507k and tlr7sub. Put 100 rds of aguila 124gr and 2 mags of ranger-t 147gr through it. Really loving the red dot, pretty hapy with the 365xl. The trigger is pretty bad, wall, creep, 2nd wall, break, but it's serviceable. I've been carrying and shooting a WC 92G compact carry for the past 5 years, it is quite the change in size, weight, and trigger quality (92 has LTT parts). Has me excited to get a RDO beretta for nightstand duty.

Good Lord these freaking 365 mags are a shock pricewise coming from the 92.

Quote Originally Posted by texag View Post
    Bought an XL with a 507k and tlr7sub. Put 100 rds of aguila 124gr and 2 mags of ranger-t 147gr through it. Really loving the red dot, pretty hapy with the 365xl. The trigger is pretty bad, wall, creep, 2nd wall, break, but it's serviceable. I've been carrying and shooting a WC 92G compact carry for the past 5 years, it is quite the change in size, weight, and trigger quality (92 has LTT parts). Has me excited to get a RDO beretta for nightstand duty.

Good Lord these freaking 365 mags are a shock pricewise coming from the 92.
    I think the p365 trigger is pretty bad in dry fire but very workable in live fire

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    I think the p365 trigger is pretty bad in dry fire but very workable in live fire
    Agreed, I've just been spoiled. JCN has shown you can do good work with these guns.

In dryfire I've found it's also very unforgiving of variation in grip pressure or exactly how you have it oriented in the web of your hand. Too little pressure and the dot is high on presentation, and if the muzzle is kinked one way or the other by a few degrees from optimal when viewed from above, I get a kick to the left on the dot as the trigger breaks. Changing trigger finger placement did nothing, it all came down to alignment in the strong hand for me.

Agreed, I've just been spoiled. JCN has shown you can do good work with these guns.

In dryfire I've found it's also very unforgiving of variation in grip pressure or exactly how you have it oriented in the web of your hand. Too little pressure and the dot is high on presentation, and if the muzzle is kinked one way or the other by a few degrees from optimal when viewed from above, I get a kick to the left on the dot as the trigger breaks. Changing trigger finger placement did nothing, it all came down to alignment in the strong hand for me.
    Is the movement of the dot at trigger break actually the slide jumping? My 365 and 320 both do this, but when the mag is installed, the movement decreases or is imperceptible.

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Is the movement of the dot at trigger break actually the slide jumping? My 365 and 320 both do this, but when the mag is installed, the movement decreases or is imperceptible.
    I got to test this (love working at home!) and it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

I'm likely making a mountain out of a molehill, my groups at the range had more vertical dispersion than horizontal regardless of speed.

The mechanics of small guns are in general quite a bit tougher than larger ones for all the reasons you say.

I personally shoot probably 10-15% worse in all parameters with a P365x/xl than a full size gun. It’s a compromise for convenience no doubt.

Keep practicing and keep your eyes sharp and your brain active in noticing dot movement and things will improve.

The trigger breaks in after a few bajillion reps too.

Well, turns out the jump of the sight alignment on trigger break was a loose RDS. Sometimes we serve as examples of what not to do...

Sight remounted with screws liberally coated in fresh permatex. Shame on me for trusting the already applied threadlocker.

User Tag List