Page 197 of 232 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

I have both XL and the P365. I find them outstanding guns. The XL is better for behind the hip (mine has a Wilson grip module). And the P365 is better for Appendix carry.

Just shot the P365 today on the range along with HK USP compact .40, S&W 66-2, and S&W 63-5 .22 lr! It was a fun day!

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    How do people shoot these things so fast? I recently bought a P365XL to see what all the hype was about and maybe my eyes wandered from my Shield Pluses. Whether it’s the different trigger or longer sight radius, I shoot tighter slow-fire groups with the XL vs the Shield+. The XL grip is about the same length as the Shield+ with flush 10-rd mag but I’m having trouble keeping my support hand on the XL. Switched to a Wilson Combat grip which seemed to help control the left-right twisting but I’m just having trouble getting both hands to stay on the gun.

So, what’s your secret to shooting the P365 like it was a Glock 19? I find myself having to regrip my support hand every two to three rounds. In comparison, I can shoot a 10-rd string with 4.25” M&P without regripping.
    I have small hands and really like the xl

Love love the macro though

How do people shoot these things so fast? I recently bought a P365XL to see what all the hype was about and maybe my eyes wandered from my Shield Pluses. Whether it’s the different trigger or longer sight radius, I shoot tighter slow-fire groups with the XL vs the Shield+. The XL grip is about the same length as the Shield+ with flush 10-rd mag but I’m having trouble keeping my support hand on the XL. Switched to a Wilson Combat grip which seemed to help control the left-right twisting but I’m just having trouble getting both hands to stay on the gun.

So, what’s your secret to shooting the P365 like it was a Glock 19? I find myself having to regrip my support hand every two to three rounds. In comparison, I can shoot a 10-rd string with 4.25” M&P without regripping.
    I find I may have te regrip if going slow. I am far from fast, but can get 0.18 splits on an xl or macro frame (cl slide). My groups are worse on an xl frame my a bit going that fast.

A g19 when really dialed in I can get it to 0.16 with same groups (7 yard bill drill) as p365xl or p365xl macro.

For me I am more accurate slow fire with a p365. But I am impressed by the p365 considering I shot a g19 for 20 years and a p365xl series for 4 months dedicated now (wife has carrier hers for years now so I have shot them before but I don't even shoot my glocks anymore as I only shoot my carry pistol)

The critical thing that helped me keep two hands on the grip when shooting a P365 is to not cam my support hand. I found that the support hand has to match the grip angle of the gun to best control recoil and stay connected to the grip. If you notice, the P365 has a minimal grip angle. If you force your support hand angle beyond that, it’ll have a hard time staying on. The above advice I found applies to any other handgun for me.

Added the Wilson Combat grip to the standard P365 and it makes the gun a better shooter for me and presentation is more natural.

Still on the debate if I should just buy a Sig p365xl to go with the Spectre Comp clone and p365.

Does anyone else with the new red dot cut notice a misalignment between the rear sight and red dot? My 407k mounts just to the right of the rear sight and the 407k notch impedes the left side of the Sig rear notch making it look crooked. Kinda messes with my head when using the backup irons.
    Name:  4C0F7369-7CD9-46C8-9A50-D8DFB0D42563.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  22.4 KB

Here’s a mag at 10 yards , before mounting the 407k, and windage looks fine.
    Name:  B0E09716-A1C6-4979-913F-D6E8DC7AE166.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  29.2 KB

Does anyone else with the new red dot cut notice a misalignment between the rear sight and red dot? My 407k mounts just to the right of the rear sight and the 407k notch impedes the left side of the Sig rear notch making it look crooked. Kinda messes with my head when using the backup irons.
    Name:  4C0F7369-7CD9-46C8-9A50-D8DFB0D42563.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  22.4 KB

Here’s a mag at 10 yards , before mounting the 407k, and windage looks fine.
    Name:  B0E09716-A1C6-4979-913F-D6E8DC7AE166.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  29.2 KB
    I have a EPS Carry mounted on my XL with no rear irons, and the notch on the RDS is low enough that I doubt it would be visible if I had irons on there. Can you see the RDS ears when you sight?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

What’s the way to go right now if I want a P365 with a red dot? 365X? XL? Macro? Some other variant I’ve not heard of? It’ll be carried AIWB so anything up to macro frame size is fine.

Best I understand, it depends on whether you want to keep the rear sight with the red dot. I believe that only occurs with the XL length slides, ie XL, spectre, and macro. Red dot plate for standard length slide has the rear sight dove tail.

Best I can tell if you wanted to do something like red dot, rear sight, and a PMM comp you would need a std 365, have slide milled for red dot which keeps rear sight dovetail, PMM barrel/comp, and a XL grip module.

I’m trying to figure this exact question out, milled 365 plus PMM comp/Wilson XL grip vs just getting a spectre. Not as interested in the marco, if I need to carry 15rds I have PX4CC for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    Another option instead of milling a P365 slide would be to purchase a Zev Z365 slide- I am super pleased with the three I have. I use the factory-height sights in conjunction with 507Ks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List