Page 76 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  34.8 KBThe metal portion of the P365 magazine is completely enclosed in the grip, so was this magazine being carried as a spare? I don’t perspire a lot, so I don’t experience firearms corrosion issues from carrying.
    Last edited by FrankB; 05-31-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Mag was in the gun. It was IWB, in a cheap ass nylon holster, because I have not decided which kydex I want yet. I was outside digging out a couple old planter boxes in the back yard. Maybe 3 hours. But it was 89, and 100% humidity. I was drenched by the end. Sweat finds it’s way into every crevice. And I did not pop the mag out to check it for a couple of days.

Houston gets jungle hot.

I typically wear an undershirt during the week. But not the weekend.

Carried a 229 for years. No rust issues, but the mags were not polished blue, they were the dull gray nitron finish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gadfly; 06-01-2019 at 09:51 AM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Just looked over my P365 (mid-2018 vintage) that gets pocket-carried a lot, including when working outside in yard, going on evening walks with my wife, etc. Gun is in an AHolster, and spare mag loose in other front pocket. And I sweat profusely here in humid Piedmont NC. Lots of pocket lint, but no rust on gun or either mag.

Also picked up another P365 today, this one with the manual safety. Safety is well-positioned, at least for my smallish hands. While it's fairly narrow, it's grippy enough to have a positive release. Ran a quick 50-60 rounds through it at store range; no issues other than I need to tweak the rear sight a bit. Think I'm gonna like it.

Swapped slides with the older gun, and new frame with safety works fine with the older slide.

Shield RMS-w on order, scheduled for delivery in another week or so (not holding breath). Gonna mount it on one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post

Shield RMS-w on order, scheduled for delivery in another week or so (not holding breath). Gonna mount it on one of these.
    Eager to see this^

Stopped by my LGS today and picked up a manual safety P365.

Took it to the range and shot 100 rounds S&B 115 FMJ and 20 rounds Black Hills 115 Barnes bullet. Functioned fine with no stoppages.

I will give the safety a B, or "decent" grade. No it's not a 1911's, but it's better than most all safeties which I have seen placed on today's modern polymer pistols. By that I mean it's more comfortable to shoot while resting your thumb on it. Stealth was certainly the major factor when they designed it, very thin. Pretty easy to flip down, but I had to shift the gun in order to get it back into the up position.

Stiffest mag springs I've ever seen!

I'm not the greatest shot on a good day, and it was last Fall when I last shot a pistol so I'm certain my form is worse than usual, but man this gun was shooting low. Consistently 4+ inches at 10 and 15 yards with slow deliberate aimed fire. Wish I would have taken my non-MS version out to see if it shoots similarly (I don't recall it being that low but as I said, it's been months). Just to see how bad my form was, I pulled out my trusty but dusty G19 and at the same distances I was hitting POA or higher with every shot (15 rounds worth). Usually I miss low with the Glock when I miss.

I'm still certain some of it is just being out of practice, but also wonder if that super small grip isn't too little. I have nowhere to place my support hand on the frame of the pistol. All I can do is grab my sweaty dominant hand, and I did find my support hand slipping quite a bit.

I will give it to SIG, this pistol has the most impressive size/capacity/caliber choice combination of pretty much everything else out there.

But as I noted today, larger sized pistols are certainly easier to shoot.

One reason why that is on my mind today is in the case next to the case with SIG's at the store, there was a trade-in LTT Elite! I asked to check it out and man that's one awesome feeing gun.

cc
    Last edited by ccmdfd; 06-10-2019 at 12:39 PM.

@ccmdfd
    I haven’t found the P365 difficult to shoot. I didn’t video the 30 rounds I shot through mine last week, but I did take a picture. They were shot at 7 yards, and and with a fairly quick pace.i should say my hands are large.
    Name:  7DAF5B42-D48E-4158-BFBC-6B0C2B78C29A.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  24.8 KB

Nice work!

I'm sure most, if not all, of what I experienced today was due to being out of practice. Can't wait to shoot it some more.

cc

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Nice work!

I'm sure most, if not all, of what I experienced today was due to being out of practice. Can't wait to shoot it some more.

cc
    That range trip was an experiment with my thumbs forward grip on the P365. It definitely benefitted from a support hand thumb on the light rail. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Stopped by my LGS today and picked up a manual safety P365.

Took it to the range and shot 100 rounds S&B 115 FMJ and 20 rounds Black Hills 115 Barnes bullet. Functioned fine with no stoppages.

I will give the safety a B, or "decent" grade. No it's not a 1911's, but it's better than most all safeties which I have seen placed on today's modern polymer pistols. By that I mean it's more comfortable to shoot while resting your thumb on it. Stealth was certainly the major factor when they designed it, very thin. Pretty easy to flip down, but I had to shift the gun in order to get it back into the up position.

Stiffest mag springs I've ever seen!

I'm not the greatest shot on a good day, and it was last Fall when I last shot a pistol so I'm certain my form is worse than usual, but man this gun was shooting low. Consistently 4+ inches at 10 and 15 yards with slow deliberate aimed fire. Wish I would have taken my non-MS version out to see if it shoots similarly (I don't recall it being that low but as I said, it's been months). Just to see how bad my form was, I pulled out my trusty but dusty G19 and at the same distances I was hitting POA or higher with every shot (15 rounds worth). Usually I miss low with the Glock when I miss.

I'm still certain some of it is just being out of practice, but also wonder if that super small grip isn't too little. I have nowhere to place my support hand on the frame of the pistol. All I can do is grab my sweaty dominant hand, and I did find my support hand slipping quite a bit.

I will give it to SIG, this pistol has the most impressive size/capacity/caliber choice combination of pretty much everything else out there.

But as I noted today, larger sized pistols are certainly easier to shoot.

One reason why that is on my mind today is in the case next to the case with SIG's at the store, there was a trade-in LTT Elite! I asked to check it out and man that's one awesome feeing gun.

cc
    What are the sight numbers? I've had a number of Sigs shoot low because they had an a-typical sight configuration for the caliber

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Looks like 6F 8R, but I need to get it home where I can look more closely.

thanks

User Tag List