Page 85 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have been so focused on the feeding, I haven’t looked yet. Really hope this works, as it is an amazing shooter for its size.
    Could be related. ! strikes suggest locking block or similar issues, which can affect feeding of the next round.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Anyone familiar with this sort of stoppage with the 365?

Attachment 40283

Attachment 40284
    Yeah, some p365s are still having return to battery failures, especially with 147 grain ammo. Call Sig 603-610-3000 and they'll email you a shipping label. A gunsmith will probably just replace springs & do a little cutting/radiusing & polishing. Turnaround should take a bit over a week unless they're slammed at the "mothership."
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 07-19-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Great, now you have me paranoid. I had run ~300 rounds of mostly 147 grain ball through my P365 without any problems. When it was time to qualify with the pistol, I opted to use duty ammo to help verify functioning with 147 gr HST. When I dropped the slide to load, the bullet stopped on the feed ramp. I cleared it, ran the slide again, and shot the 30 round qualifier without further difficulty. Now you have me wanting to run a bit more HST through my copy.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Great, now you have me paranoid. I had run ~300 rounds of mostly 147 grain ball through my P365 without any problems. When it was time to qualify with the pistol, I opted to use duty ammo to help verify functioning with 147 gr HST. When I dropped the slide to load, the bullet stopped on the feed ramp. I cleared it, ran the slide again, and shot the 30 round qualifier without further difficulty. Now you have me wanting to run a bit more HST through my copy.
    Had the same issue with 147 grain HST manifest itself on the range an hour ago, using 12 round mags. To say that I'm not pleased is an understatement.....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I had stoppages with 147 HSTs , but it seems to be mag specific.

2/5 of my mags will have 1-2 stoppages with 147 HSTs per mag load. Those 2 work fine with 115 and 124 hollow points. My other 3 shoot everything fine.

cc

Between my problems with 147 HST in multiple magazines with our 365, other similar reports, and this thread, I ordered 115 Gold Dot to use in the 43, 43X, 48, 365 and 365 XL. I value reliability first in a pistol like these.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ths-with-a-G48
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have had zero problems with 147HST in my Glock 43, and this is my standard carry ammo. Actually zero problems period.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

So I've had my Sig P365 bb gun a couple of days now and thought I'd give a review.

Cliff notes: cheap feeling toy with some limited potential as a training tool

Details:

$99 MSRP (picked up mine for $89 at Bass Pro Shop)
    12-shot CO2-cartridge .177 bb gun
    blowback semiauto
    Same dimensions as P365 with pinky extension magazine
    Fake X-Ray3 lookalike sights

Immediately noticeable differences:
    Trigger is awful - less travel & much heavier than the real thing
    Lighter weight: 360grams (vs 500 grams for the unloaded P365)
    Different balance: mass centers around magazine/grip vs slide for the real P365
    Different feel: cheaper plastic feel
    Only comes with the manual safety

It came reasonably well packaged and included a small bag of BBs as well as the necessary allen key to install CO2 cartridges (not included). The instructions could have been better, but it was still pretty easy to figure out how to get started. There is no mention of any maintenance or cleaning procedures - I guess it is meant to be disposable? I was also a bit alarmed that the instructions called for a 6 o'clock hold on the sights, as opposed to the combat hold the real P365 uses. However, in practice the combat hold was close enough.

Accuracy is not as good as the real thing, but probably close enough for 5" targets up to 7 yards. By 10 yards the 295fps bbs are dropping too far to use the same sight picture as the real gun. I was pleased that it point shoots pretty much the same as the real deal at 3 yards.
    Please excuse the busy target, left column is the BB gun, the right column is the 9mm. Top center is the bbgun at 10 yards, middle center is point/hip shooting the 9mm at 3 yards. Bottom center is point shooting the bb gun at 3 yards:

Name:  1563685646444_0_target_image-1.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  63.4 KB

I was able to shoot 4 magazines of ~12 bbs before the Daisy-branded CO2 cartridge (not included) lacked enough power to reliably cycle the plastic slide. I didn't notice a big change in POI along the way - it shot large enough groups that the randomness was a big as any increased bb drop. I was surprised by how loud it is - if you were shooting this in your backyard a nearby neighbor would hear the sharp release of co2. The upside is that my shot timer had no problems picking up the sound.

I also found the magazine a bit difficult to load - it requires quite a bit of fine dexterity to get the bbs where they need to go without dropping them on the floor. There is only 1 magazine and I found I needed to strip it from the magwell every time - it does not fall free. I also would have preferred the flush baseplate, but it comes only with the pinky extension.

Training value:
    You can practice draws to first shot from 3-7 yards with a shot timer inside your house (if you have a bb trap). The weight/feel isn't identical and the trigger is awful, but it is close enough to offer some value.

You can cheaply practice close range point shooting (< $0.02/rd -- close to $0.01 if you buy in bulk)

Verdict:
    I would not recommend it for most people. I think you'd get as much value drawing to dry fire against a par timer as you would using the different-feeling bb gun and a shot timer. But those who plan on practicing point shooting may find considerable value.

As a toy & plinker it is disappointing. It is not very accurate and certainly isn't powerful enough for any sort of pest control. Any fun in plinking quickly dissipates after the frustration of reloading (a task I've yet to fully accomplish without dropping a bb).
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 07-21-2019 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I have had zero problems with 147HST in my Glock 43, and this is my standard carry ammo. Actually zero problems period.
    Did you get a chance to look at the link I posted above?

A long time ago, I settled on 147 HST and 124+P Gold Dot as my two JHP 9mm loads. My wife and I have been using 147 HST in our G43/43X pistols without issue, so far, but that link is persuasive that something like the 115 Gold Dot is more solidly in the reliability envelope of the small 9mm pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Between my problems with 147 HST in multiple magazines with our 365, other similar reports, and this thread, I ordered 115 Gold Dot to use in the 43, 43X, 48, 365 and 365 XL. I value reliability first in a pistol like these.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ths-with-a-G48
    Interesting that magazine springs seemed to help the g43. Lakeline makes some +10% mag springs for the p365 - I wonder if that would help. I have noticed people often post pictures of rounds nose-diving in the magazine if they aren't pushed all the way rearward, maybe stronger springs would help?

Name:  IMG_5145.JPG
Views: 592
Size:  42.7 KB

User Tag List