Page 132 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Being curious about magazine origins, I found a lead from another potential source to order the Italian-made ones: Galati International. Looks like they are the dealer for MEC-GAR magazines, and have the P365XL 12 rounders. At $50, they are spendy, but in stock.

https://www.galatiinternational.com/...zines-248.html
    https://www.galatiinternational.com/...-magazine.html

Anyone ever order anything from these guys?
    Any reason to believe the made in Italy are superior?
    I just checked 14 365 / XL mags all made in the USA,
    with about 10000 rds through them with zero issues...
    actually 2 were just purchased and only have 100 or so each.

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    I just checked 14 365 / XL mags all made in the USA,
    with about 10000 rds through them with zero issues...
    actually 2 were just purchased and only have 100 or so each.
    If I have a choice, I would rather have the ones made in the USA.

Mine have all been fine.

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    More out of curiosity.

I'll go see if I can find any magazine related issues here or elsewhere. None spring to mind, except for I recall comments around corrosion in the mag bodies, and my personal sample of one of the follower jumping out of the mag body when dropped at a match, which I drone on about.

Comparing my two OEM (Italy) and four post-purchase (US), about the only physical difference I can see is the Italian mags have a smoother, shinier exterior finish, and the two holes punched in the mag bodies, forward, narrow side, are in different locations. Otherwise they are about identical. It's possible the subjective "quality" of the two is related to the surface finish. The Italian mags are almost like a car paint finish, highly reflective and smooth. The US mags are rougher, not as shiny or reflective. This is probably more a perception than reality.

I was just interested in any experiences between the two, that would justify a $50 price point (Italian) vs. a $35 (US) per mag cost. The question whether there was any reason to buy one or the other. It would seem not.

Site Supporter
    Definitely not 365 specific, but, historically, it’s accepted that the Italian sourced mags are produced by MecGar and the US mags are Checkmate. I’m only talking about the classic Sigs here as I admittedly don’t have any experience with the 365, but the MecGars are demonstrably more reliable than the checkmates. That may be where the above recommendations are coming from.

The Italian (presumably MecGar) ones are relatively more common over the last year or so. At launch, the mags were Checkmate only. There may have been some number of Italian ones but very few.

The checkmate ones have always run great but have been quick to rust in some climates. Perhaps the Italian ones will fair better with a different mag coating?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    More out of curiosity.

I'll go see if I can find any magazine related issues here or elsewhere. None spring to mind, except for I recall comments around corrosion in the mag bodies
    Rust on mag bodies, lower, and mag release button, 05/19:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post885961

Mention of corrosion on magazines, spare mag, IWB, 04/20:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1038643

Rust covered by lip of baseplate, 02/21:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post999337

Lost a mag to rust, 09/21:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....st#post1263062

As a palliative, I've treated mine with Eezox. (I used the economy sized version, pictured below; obviously taking suitable precautions.)

Name:  dip.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  26.8 KB
    Last edited by RJ; 01-16-2022 at 10:51 AM.

My carry gun is one of the first 1000 P365s made and mags still look good.

My range magazines get waxed regularly after cleaning (helps drop free and prevent binding). They also look great despite being worn down to bare metal.

I use car wax.

I also do that with my Mec-gar competition mags that are worn all the way to the metal too.

No rust.

The only thing I’ve ever had rust was an LCPII

Site Supporter
    I've never had any problems with mag's rusting but,
    the back of my slide, past the full guard is looking
    a little worse for wear, the finish is gone and the bare
    slide is showing some discoloration, the muzzle is
    showing a bit of wear through as well.
    Don't know which finish I'll have done.

Use my 365xl for running and had mag rust problems. Painted the mags with Alumahyde II and replaced the mag catch with an aftermarket one which is black nitrided stainless. No more rust.

I have a slightly used P365.

A few things I noticed is that it is absolutely impossible to get 12 rounds into a brand new 12 round magazine.

I also noticed that the guns sometimes fails to eject a fully loaded Black Hills 115 grain Tac-XP with the Barnes all copper TAC-XP Hollow Point. The round functions fine in the gun when shooting but when it comes time to unload the gun and eject a live round from the chamber it sometimes hangs up. This is likely due to the fact that the bullet is on the slightly long side. I like this round because it has a large hollowpoint and is relatively low recoiling to allow better control and follow-up shots. The round has noticeably less recoil and muzzle lift than an American Eagle 124 grain FMJ. The round is listed as having a muzzle velocity of 1200 feet per second, but I could swear that I chronographed it in the past and the average velocity was more like 1060 feet per second.

Here are two photos of two different unfired rounds getting caught up while I was trying to cycle them out of the chamber.

Name:  Sig 365 failure to eject 2 - Copy.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  54.2 KB

Name:  Sig 365 failure to eject - Copy.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  39.3 KB

User Tag List