Page 53 of 232 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Some of these posts remind me about my experiences with KelTec pistols. I had faith that they would get things right but was disappointed. I think that the manufacturing end of the process can screw up even good designs. One example is the Remington 870 which is simplicity itself. Another is the old Marlin lever gun line of rifles. Most likely bean counters have something to do with manufacturing failures.
    That would be an insult to Kel-Tec pistols. At least all of them have been drop safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I put about 350 rds through my buddy’s 365 this weekend. I flew back to LA for a LEOSA qualification and to hang and shoot guns with my friend.

Round count now is prob close to 800 or so with no issues other than the 1st 100 round session with WWB. I did have a few failure to lock back in the last round that was completely shooter induced. I have long fingers and wear an XL glove. Strong thumb placement required a bit of adjustment for me, but wasn’t an issue after the first few mags.

I’m amazed at the lack of recoil for such a small pistol. The X-RAY sights worked well for my old-man eyes and the trigger was very shootable. For me, this gun is MUCH more shootable than the G43 I briefly owned.

I will be ordering an IOP 365 in the next week or so.
    Last edited by LSP552; 08-19-2018 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I put about 350 rds through my buddy’s 365 this weekend. I flew back to LA for a LEOSA qualification and to hang and shoot guns with my friend.

Round count now is prob close to 800 or so with no issues other than the 1st 100 round session with WWB. I did have a few failure to lock back in the last round that was completely shooter induced. I have long fingers and wear an XL glove. Strong thumb placement required a bit of adjustment for me, but wasn’t an issue after the first few mags.

I’m amazed at the lack of recoil for such a small pistol. The X-RAY sights worked well for my old-man eyes and the trigger was very shootable. For me, this gun is MUCH more shootable than the G43 I briefly owned.

Since I too have xl size mitts, how would you describe the overall feel of the grip? I have a problem with my S&W Shield feeling TOO thin so I beefed it up a bit with grip tape.

I've been running one pretty hard since the first week of July. My example was manufactured 6/24 and I'm approaching 3,700 rounds on it. No issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Since I too have xl size mitts, how would you describe the overall feel of the grip? I have a problem with my S&W Shield feeling TOO thin so I beefed it up a bit with grip tape.
    It was OK, but any smaller and I would take a look at a Talon grip. For me, this will be a shorts and t-shirt gun, especially when I’m traveling in MA and CT and limited to 10 round magazines. The gun simply disappears under a t-shirt. Because it’s so small, handing (draw, reloads) suffer a bit compared to larger guns.

I’m judging its usefulness against similar sized guns. The strength of really small pistols is their size and I don’t think anything comes close to matching capability for the size of a 365.

It was OK, but any smaller and I would take a look at a Talon grip. For me, this will be a shorts and t-shirt gun, especially when I’m traveling in MA and CT and limited to 10 round magazines. The gun simply disappears under a t-shirt. Because it’s so small, handing (draw, reloads) suffer a bit compared to larger guns.

I’m judging its usefulness against similar sized guns. The strength of really small pistols is their size and I don’t think anything comes close to matching capability for the size of a 365.
    I agree with this and I really want this little gun to work but with the reports I'm reading, I'm not convinced they have all the issues ironed out yet. I'm also hoping this little pistol motivates others to come out with their own similar designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post

I'm starting to see the LE SKU P365's showing up,
    I searched Sig's site and could not find the LE SKU. Where did you find it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray01 View Post
    I searched Sig's site and could not find the LE SKU. Where did you find it?
    On the web site from companies participating in the IOP program from Sig.

1800 rounds fired. No problems.
    "A man with an experience is not a slave to a man with an opinion."

Site Supporter

New P365

I purchased a SIG P365 last Friday 08/24/2018. I paid $500 + tax at Sportsmen's Warehouse in Rock Springs, WY. I've not fired the pistol yet as I'm waiting for an OWB2 holster from JM Custom Kydex: https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/OWB-V2.html. A couple things jump out immediately:

This thing is very, very small. Here's a picture with my S&W 642:

Name:  Sig P365 w 642.jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  48.5 KB

I like the prominent front sight:

Name:  Sig P365 front sight.jpg
Views: 1172
Size:  16.9 KB

More to follow after shots fired.

User Tag List