Page 112 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I was in the process of doing a trade over the weekend for a P365, but it fell through. I was disappointed enough that I went and picked up a new one at the Pro Shop - a normal P365 with manual safety. I’m thinking it will get a RMRcc at some point.

I would normally shoot it Wednesday evening, but my membership is pending at a local club so I think I’ll wait a few weeks until that goes through. I’d rather shoot at a private range right now.
    Getting a new one from the Pro Shop was the right move. I have to imagine it's at least a 2020 manufacture if not 2021 and thus has all the latest inline updates to the striker, ejector, etc.

Picked up a 365x from a forum member. Added a Holosun 407k in green. Sighted in over the weekend at 15 yards. Plates at 15 are so easy it’s ridiculous. Plinking at a silhouette at 100 shows when I mash the trigger vs a careful press. Really digging this combo and shocked how small it is compared to a glock 43/43x, all while feeling more comfortable to shoot at the same time. There’s definitely some magic in the engineering of this puppy.

This setup is making me reconsider my plans to mill my 43x for a dot... will shoot both more while I consider.
    Part of me thinks milling a regular 365 slide for a dot forward of the rear sight may be the ne plus ultra option.
    I like the idea of better backup rear sight vs the little nubs on the optic itself.

Ordered a regular size 365 grip and more mags this weekend to experiment with as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Picked up a 365x from a forum member. Added a Holosun 407k in green. Sighted in over the weekend at 15 yards. Plates at 15 are so easy it’s ridiculous. Plinking at a silhouette at 100 shows when I mash the trigger vs a careful press. Really digging this combo and shocked how small it is compared to a glock 43/43x, all while feeling more comfortable to shoot at the same time. There’s definitely some magic in the engineering of this puppy.

This setup is making me reconsider my plans to mill my 43x for a dot... will shoot both more while I consider.
    Part of me thinks milling a regular 365 slide for a dot forward of the rear sight may be the ne plus ultra option.
    I like the idea of better backup rear sight vs the little nubs on the optic itself.

Ordered a regular size 365 grip and more mags this weekend to experiment with as well.
    Try shooting the backup irons with just the nubs on the back of the optic. I was pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17 View Post
    Getting a new one from the Pro Shop was the right move. I have to imagine it's at least a 2020 manufacture if not 2021 and thus has all the latest inline updates to the striker, ejector, etc.
    DOB is 8/11/2021 - not even weaned.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

DOB is 8/11/2021 - not even weaned.
    Nice!! That thing is fresh.

Must not paint the duck… much not paint the duck…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    You should do this. I was looking for a standard P365 slide to do just this. They were, at least at the time, difficult to source.

The factory sights are OK, but the green front ring isn’t doing it for me. Has anyone found a replacement front the same .175 height but with an orange ring like Trijicon HD XRs? I’d prefer to keep the original X-Ray rear, I’m cheap and it’s inoffensive. Apparently Night Fision makes one, but I saw some stuff searching that makes me question their durability.
    Ken

Site Supporter
    The factory sights are OK, but the green front ring isn’t doing it for me. Has anyone found a replacement front the same .175 height but with an orange ring like Trijicon HD XRs? I’d prefer to keep the original X-Ray rear, I’m cheap and it’s inoffensive. Apparently Night Fision makes one, but I saw some stuff searching that makes me question their durability.
    The P365 I carry came from the factory with TruGlo sights that appear exactly the same as the Sig XRay sights that came on the spare I purchased more recently, with the exception of the identifying marks on the sights. The original sights lasted about 2 years before they were sufficiently dim that i decided to replace them.

I replaced mine with Night Fision. The factory standard size for the P365 sights is #6 front, #8 rear. I chose an orange front ring, and square notch rear with black rings around the inserts. The rear notch is a little narrower than I would normally prefer but I was still able to get adequate light on either side of the front sight. The tritium is very bright. Night Fision makes the sights to order, so you are assured of getting new tritium if you order from them. The sights are still new so the jury is still out on durability.

I understand that Novak, which used to use Trijicon inserts, is now using Night Fision. I recently areplaced the sights on a Kimber 1911 with these sights.

I typically get about 5 years out of Trijicon Bright & Tough sights (which is almost - or in some cases more than - twice what I get out of all others I have tried), and installed these on two Glocks closer to the beginning of 2021. I could not find anyone with Bright & Tough sights fitting the P365 in stock, or I would have gone that route with the P365. Since I now have two guns with Trijicon and two with Night Fision, keeping in mind that the Night Fision is about 6 months newer, I will know more in about 4-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The P365 I carry came from the factory with TruGlo sights that appear exactly the same as the Sig XRay sights that came on the spare I purchased more recently, with the exception of the identifying marks on the sights. The original sights lasted about 2 years before they were sufficiently dim that i decided to replace them.

I replaced mine with Night Fision. The factory standard size for the P365 sights is #6 front, #8 rear. I chose an orange front ring, and square notch rear with black rings around the inserts. The rear notch is a little narrower than I would normally prefer but I was still able to get adequate light on either side of the front sight. The tritium is very bright. Night Fision makes the sights to order, so you are assured of getting new tritium if you order from them. The sights are still new so the jury is still out on durability.

I understand that Novak, which used to use Trijicon inserts, is now using Night Fision. I recently areplaced the sights on a Kimber 1911 with these sights.

I typically get about 5 years out of Trijicon Bright & Tough sights (which is almost - or in some cases more than - twice what I get out of all others I have tried), and installed these on two Glocks closer to the beginning of 2021. I could not find anyone with Bright & Tough sights fitting the P365 in stock, or I would have gone that route with the P365. Since I now have two guns with Trijicon and two with Night Fision, keeping in mind that the Night Fision is about 6 months newer, I will know more in about 4-5 years.
    Thank you - I’ll give the Night Fision a try. I suspect at least some of the durability reports were from people installing using a punch instead of a press.
    Ken

User Tag List