Page 95 of 232 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Site Supporter
    After putting ~970 test rounds through one, sold off my Shield and started carrying the P365. It was as reliable as my Shield, had higher capacity, and I am more accurate with it due to the trigger.

Site Supporter
    Thanks to a trade with "cornstalker" I have P365 heading my way. Time to start on page 1of this thread and learn more about my first Sig.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Thanks to a trade with "cornstalker" I have P365 heading my way. Time to start on page 1of this thread and learn more about my first Sig.
    That could be pretty discouraging... Lol.

I didn't buy into the idea back when it was a catastrophic failure. Then I shot one...

Both mine have been flawless, funny now when you hold a “subcompact” anything it feels huge by comparison. Just recently got an XL MS, tryin to get used to the red dot.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    That could be pretty discouraging... Lol.

I didn't buy into the idea back when it was a catastrophic failure. Then I shot one...

I'm up to page 45.

It's been over two years since it was announced and I forget what month it started shipping but I'm hoping the bugs/errors/glitches have been worked out.
    --Jason--

My wife has been carrying a 365 since August, and it has replaced her 42, 43 and 43X. I took her spare mag apart this afternoon, and found rust that was covered by the lip of the base plate. We have been spoiled with Glock magazines and their resistance to corrosion.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife has been carrying a 365 since August, and it has replaced her 42, 43 and 43X. I took her spare mag apart this afternoon, and found rust that was covered by the lip of the base plate. We have been spoiled with Glock magazines and their resistance to corrosion.
    Your correct but.......We have been spoiled by a 30-year-old design? Or is sig 30 years out dated in the name of marketing and cost?

For gaming or for real?

Well my May 2018-built P365 *almost* made it a year & ~9,000 rounds between trips back to Sig... This time the trigger reset spring failed in the middle of a class (immediately after a personal best ~0.18s 5 yard controlled pair - down zero!). I had hoped that after ~15,000 total rounds it was pretty well vetted, but I guess it is just a mechanical device subject to failure like most others...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Probably easier to conceal 1 gun instead of the 3 she was carrying......

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Well my May 2018-built P365 *almost* made it a year & ~9,000 rounds between trips back to Sig... This time the trigger reset spring failed in the middle of a class (immediately after a personal best ~0.18s 5 yard controlled pair - down zero!). I had hoped that after ~15,000 total rounds it was pretty well vetted, but I guess it is just a mechanical device subject to failure like most others...
    Update: I had Sig do the full service package which I understood to be all new springs, a new extractor, and a new striker. It turned out to be just new springs. I was also surprised that despite selling recoil spring assemblies only as assembled units, they reused my captured guide rod and just replaced the springs - hopefully I can get just springs in the future and save a bit of money on their 2,500 round replacements...

Anyway, I clearly I should have replaced my trigger bar spring sooner - it seems to have lost its resilience/elasticity.

Here is my original spring after 15,000 rounds:
    Name:  20200316_140640-1-1.jpg
Views: 1036
Size:  43.4 KB

And here is another P365 owner's spring after 5,000 rounds:
    Name:  20190425_105828-1.jpg
Views: 1031
Size:  27.1 KB

User Tag List