Page 87 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Barnes makes a good 9mm 115 gr Tac-XP: https://www.barnesbullets.com/bullets/tac-xp
    One of my favorites.

The Barnes loading feels like it running a little slower than others, but I've not chronographed it. Black Hills and ASYM make great loadings of it.

Never have had a chance to see any terminal effects from it, but it runs well in every handgun I've shot it in, full sized to micro compacts, poly or metal. Just simply runs.

cc

Barnes 115gr+p runs slower than regular old American Eagle and Blazer Brass 115gr fmj ammo.

Wouldn't think that is the ticket for very small pistols that already function on the edge of reliability when everything is optimal - clean, well lubed, held firmly with two hands, etc.

Barnes 115gr generally runs fine, irrespective of pistol size.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    Although I have only run a small amount through my gun at this point, and do not know the current thinking re: this load, Cor-Bon 115 gr. +P has run fine in my gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

It seems like the Barnes would be something to try with these small guns if 147 grain hst isn’t working. I’m going to pick up a couple hundred rounds loaded by Barnes or black hills to check for reliability. I’m picking up a 365 in the near future so this thread is concerning to me.

So I have 200 rounds of 147 HST through my P365(1800+ total count) with the only malfunctions coming from my fat thumbs. Early on I had a couple of fail to return to battery and a few of fail to lock open on the last round. As small as this pistol is, its not hard to ride the slide. I have since modified my grip to move my thumbs down and out a bit and I have had no more problems. This has been from 10 and 12 round mags.

Y'all were making me paranoid with all this ammo problems talk, after I had felt comfortable that my P365 (seems dated August 2018, without looking) digested HST 147 and Gold Dot 124, as well as any cheap ball ammo. So I went to the range today, shot some ball, shot the HST 147 that was in the carry flush-mount 10-rd and 12-rd backup mags for a couple of months, and then a 50-rd box each of HST 147 and GD 124. Just for grins, I then mixed up a handful of both, loaded a 12-rd mag, and tried that. Everything ran without a hitch. As did some Wilson ammo loaded with the Barnes bullets in a previous outing.

My shooting with irons is not great, with my old eyes. Which is why I dropped off another P365 with Mark Housel this morning to install the Shield RMS-w that was finally delivered. Will report on that when Mark is finished.

For a smallish carry gun, I'm happy with the Sig.

Inspired by flyrodr I went to the range today and shot the 10 rounds of 147+P HT that had been riding in my P365 for a few months. No failures of any sort. Followed it up with 25 rounds of 124 CCI fmj with no surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Y'all were making me paranoid with all this ammo problems talk, after I had felt comfortable that my P365 (seems dated August 2018, without looking) digested HST 147 and Gold Dot 124, as well as any cheap ball ammo. So I went to the range today, shot some ball, shot the HST 147 that was in the carry flush-mount 10-rd and 12-rd backup mags for a couple of months, and then a 50-rd box each of HST 147 and GD 124. Just for grins, I then mixed up a handful of both, loaded a 12-rd mag, and tried that. Everything ran without a hitch. As did some Wilson ammo loaded with the Barnes bullets in a previous outing.

My shooting with irons is not great, with my old eyes. Which is why I dropped off another P365 with Mark Housel this morning to install the Shield RMS-w that was finally delivered. Will report on that when Mark is finished.

For a smallish carry gun, I'm happy with the Sig.
    I wanna see that bad boy when you get it back.

Took my shooting partner’s P365 along today to shoot some Federal 147 HST. Just a couple magazines but it was 20/20 no stoppages.

Second Mag. 9/10 at 5 on FYL is about as good as I can do. Nice little fun, just a bit small for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List