Page 86 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

I have never shot a 365 (by choice) because of Sig's recent track record. In a couple years if they hold up and consistently work properly (in other words many up grades/design changes and better parts sourcing) I would then look at one.

With that being said does the 365 shoot SO good that its worth using poor ammunition (115 GD) for a couple extra rounds over a Shield as an example?

If one steps back and looks at this everyone is using 147HST ("the best of the best of the best"-MIB) and switching to ammo not on the "list" seemingly chasing a golden Unicorn. It will cost more in ammo than the gun cost to see if it will run. Don't forget pressure curve has as much to do with it as ogive. Likely the gun is on the edge of functional do to tight tolerances ie. 3" 1911.

And if your just bored and like to spend money I think that's great as it keeps the economy moving.

I have 100 rds of HST 124+p and 100 rds of 147 standard through mine with no malfunctions.
    Good enough for me so I am carrying the 147 HST in the P365.
    That's $120.00 for testing.

Also hundreds of 124 and 115 ball from Nato to weak 115.

@OddlOt is onto something about the nose diving in some magazines.
    Check your mags to see if they will unload and not nose dive with the HST.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I have never shot a 365 (by choice) because of Sig's recent track record. In a couple years if they hold up and consistently work properly (in other words many up grades/design changes and better parts sourcing) I would then look at one.

With that being said does the 365 shoot SO good that its worth using poor ammunition (115 GD) for a couple extra rounds over a Shield as an example?

If one steps back and looks at this everyone is using 147HST ("the best of the best of the best"-MIB) and switching to ammo not on the "list" seemingly chasing a golden Unicorn. It will cost more in ammo than the gun cost to see if it will run. Don't forget pressure curve has as much to do with it as ogive. Likely the gun is on the edge of functional do to tight tolerances ie. 3" 1911.

And if your just bored and like to spend money I think that's great as it keeps the economy moving.
    Advancement has its cost. Some will pay it, some won't. We heard all of the same things going from revolvers to semi-autos, metal pistols to plastic. We continue to hear it about optics. I am glad I don't have to carry a cap and ball revolver because no one would take the risk.

In my case, the P365 does shoot that good. When I test fired it, I wasn't impressed...I was blown away. I am on record in this very thread of saying that there is no reason to ever buy a P365 due to all of the problems. Then I shot one.

I have been thinking about the birthing pains of the 3" 1911 the last few days, and how that may parallel the functional difference I think I see in the P365 and the P365XL, and why I didn't like the G48. I believe that these micro pistols are on the ragged edge of what is possible in regards to cycle timing and that we still have a lot to learn in that area.

Or is it the magazines... Lol.

Thank you for sharing your perspective. One would be wise to spend some time on the cost/benefit analysis before taking the plunge in this direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    I have 100 rds of HST 124+p and 100 rds of 147 standard through mine with no malfunctions.
    Good enough for me so I am carrying the 147 HST in the P365.
    That's $120.00 for testing.

Also hundreds of 124 and 115 ball from Nato to weak 115.

@OddlOt is onto something about the nose diving in some magazines.
    Check your mags to see if they will unload and not nose dive with the HST.
    The 147 HST's always nose dive when I am unloading the magazine with my thumb. Usually about 4 or 5 rounds down.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Advancement has its cost. Some will pay it, some won't. We heard all of the same things going from revolvers to semi-autos, metal pistols to plastic. We continue to hear it about optics. I am glad I don't have to carry a cap and ball revolver because no one would take the risk.

In my case, the P365 does shoot that good. When I test fired it, I wasn't impressed...I was blown away. I am on record in this very thread of saying that there is no reason to ever buy a P365 due to all of the problems. Then I shot one.
    I am 100% in the screw Sig camp, but I cannot deny that both the P365 and P320 variants are fabulous shooters.

As far as worrying about “substandard” 115 grain ammo?(!) That is a complete non issue. There is nothing magic about 147 grain.

I guess as a follow-up around here polymer pistols have almost no resale value except for maybe Glocks so if one buys the 365 (or an m&p 2.0 compact as I found out) they're an owner.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    The 147 HST's always nose dive when I am unloading the magazine with my thumb. Usually about 4 or 5 rounds down.
    All four of mine did when new.
    I disassembled ,cleaned the body and spring with solvent, polished everything with 1500 grit, including the followers. Lightly
    lubed everything with oil.

All four will unload without nose diving. The HST pops right up when you push one out.
    Feeds them fine. Feeds good from slidelock too.

Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Did you get a chance to look at the link I posted above?

A long time ago, I settled on 147 HST and 124+P Gold Dot as my two JHP 9mm loads. My wife and I have been using 147 HST in our G43/43X pistols without issue, so far, but that link is persuasive that something like the 115 Gold Dot is more solidly in the reliability envelope of the small 9mm pistols.
    Just read it. I have a few thoughts.

It seems like a good idea to replace mag springs and RSA regularly, and this thread motivates me to get that done for my 43. I see why you’re getting 115gr loads now. If I have to use special ammo to make a gun run, it would have to be a pretty special gun. My 43 has 2k through it, and feeds 147HST just fine. But it doesn’t offer that much more concealability than a 26. 365 is a hard pass at this point for me.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-21-2019 at 11:27 AM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

@DocGKR do any of the 115 grain jhp’s meet your criteria other than the Barnes? I see the Barnes is the xpb bullet but that’s no longer made in 9mm.

Barnes makes a good 9mm 115 gr Tac-XP: https://www.barnesbullets.com/bullets/tac-xp
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List