Page 202 of 232 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

I’m full mags plus the chambered round. The 17 round mags had to sit a few days fully loaded before test firing. No issues seen during live fire.

Site Supporter
    I always load new mag's and let them sit a while,
    My carry mags are always full +1 including the
    maguts mag's I use for carry in my XL, never a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    So far, so good… 1,000 rounds through my first P365XL without a single problem.

Quick question regarding the carry magazine.. with broken in mags are you guys carrying 12+1 or just going with 11 in the mag to keep a little “play?” I download AR mags and G19 reloads, but I wasn’t sure what the SOP was for the 365.

@GJM
    I download one on all my 365 family mags.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quick question regarding the carry magazine.. with broken in mags are you guys carrying 12+1 or just going with 11 in the mag to keep a little “play?” I download AR mags and G19 reloads, but I wasn’t sure what the SOP was for the 365.

@GJM
    My agency requires all magazines to be fully loaded to capacity. I haven’t heard of any issues.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    I have had no problems fully loading 10 round and 12 round magazines.

A complaint with HK magazines, historically, has been that they hold less rounds than comparably sized magazines from other manufacturers. There was a reason HK did that.

Funny I just saw this today -- Hwansik and Ben, starting at 3:08 discussing malfunctions with PDP magazines loaded to their listed capacity of 18 rounds.

@GJM
    Loaded N+1 for carry, all the time. No issues with 10, 12, 15 or 17 rounders over 3 P365 pistols since 2020, guesstimating 2,000 rounds total.

I see the loading the magazines to capacity issue as being risk management.

On one hand, you may need the last cartridge.

On the other hand, we know downloading one round will make it easier to seat the magazine and press check the pistol. Depending upon the magazine design, and condition of the spring, downloading may also make the pistol more reliable. As an Open and CO shooter, I get that completely filling the mag increases pressure against the bottom of the slide, and can cause a stoppage depending on your load and grip.

My standard practice is to download one cartridge, but I also take into consideration the magazine design. With HK magazines, I don't download, as they don't jam every possible round in. On the 365 mags, that are hard to load to capacity when new, I download one.

So everyone runs it 12+1, except GJM?

User Tag List