Page 200 of 232 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Spectre Comp upper with EPS Carry.

Attachment 96814
    Looks like EPS Carry is a tad lower than the 407k. At least those ears don’t peek out above the Sig stock rear sight.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Spectre Comp upper with EPS Carry.

Attachment 96814
    Btw, did you have to shorten the screws that came with the EPS Carry? I’ve read conflicting accounts that the screw is long enough for using the adapter plate and could be too long for some direct mounts.

Question

Bought a P365MS but it will be a few weeks before the paperwork clears. I should have it in hand sometime January.

For those who use the MS version, does the tension of the safety levers change over time? I've read some online posts circa 2019 reporting stiffer tension after the guns were shot a bit. The specific complaint was that the levers were harder to push on safe as well as off safe.

I got the MS version because it was the least expensive of the P365 models available, and I still have some mental difficulty carrying a striker fired gun that does not have a trigger tab (ala Glock) or failing that, some sort of manual safety. I know it's all in the head but well... Also, if I wanted to convert the MS to a non-MS version, is the conversion simple enough to do at the end user level?

I have two with MS. I haven’t noticed either getting stiffer at all, but I did tune mine a little.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Although the P365 with flat basepad 10 round magazines remains my favorite pocket gun, I have gone back to the Glock 26 for IWB carry. I had been carrying the P365 with 12 round magazines, but the corner along the bottom front edge of the magazine is causing holes in my clothing. I have had a similar problem with the bottom of a G19 grip, but never with a G26. I carry IWB at 3:30.

I suspect that part of the problem is the grip angle, which is more vertical than a Glock. This means that a holster having the same cant (10 degrees in my case) will cause the grip of a P365 to project farther away from my torso than the grip of a Glock. The solution may be a holster with an increased cant - perhaps 15 or even 20 degrees.

At some point, I may start carrying a gun equipped with an optic. The website for JM Custom Kydex states that a cant exceeding 15 degrees requires increasing the ride height of their IWB #3 holster (my preferred IWB holster) for an optic-equipped pistol, which would compromise concealment when bending at the waist.

For those of you who carry a P365 IWB at around 3:30, which cant works best for you?

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Although the P365 with flat basepad 10 round magazines remains my favorite pocket gun, I have gone back to the Glock 26 for IWB carry. I had been carrying the P365 with 12 round magazines, but the corner along the bottom front edge of the magazine is causing holes in my clothing. I have had a similar problem with the bottom of a G19 grip, but never with a G26. I carry IWB at 3:30.
    Not to derail your question but how have the magazines held up for you? I'm planning acquisition of mags and holsters and was a little shocked by the price of the mags. In the US, I think they retail for over $50 but street price in my country is a little over $100.

If I can still carry on the belt (IWB/AIWB), I'd stick to my G26. I plan to use the 365 with something like an Enigma or a Kydex shell velcroed to a possum pouch.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post
    Not to derail your question but how have the magazines held up for you? I'm planning acquisition of mags and holsters and was a little shocked by the price of the mags. In the US, I think they retail for over $50 but street price in my country is a little over $100.

If I can still carry on the belt (IWB/AIWB), I'd stick to my G26. I plan to use the 365 with something like an Enigma or a Kydex shell velcroed to a possum pouch.
    My magazines have held up quite well, but my round count is quite low. Given the cost of these magazines, I am not treating them like I have treated Glock or 1911 magazines during training. If I am letting them fall from the gun, it is onto grass rather than concrete. I have unintentionally dropped a couple of loaded magazines a few feet onto a hard floor with no damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post
    Dang that is expensive.

I'll try and aggregate a couple years observing mag-related issue posts over at the Sig-specific forum I'm on: Some users report corrosion on the mag bodies. There have been at least a couple threads on splitting of the steel at the top of the mag tube, near the lips where there is a bend/cut in the metal. Almost all users report difficulties in initial loading to N, across 10, 12, 15 and 17 round mags. The difficulty in seating the last round is helped both with an Uplula as well as leaving them loaded for several days, and then exercising them a couple cycles.

I've got personal experience with three P365s, and a bunch (double digit) of magazines. I had one instance at a match where dropping a 12 round partially loaded mag on dirt caused the follower to barf out the top of the tube. I stuffed the follower back and loaded normally. I can vouch for them to be extremely tight, at first. An Uplula is almost mandatory. After initial use, I have no problem loading to N as long as I use the Uplula with some enthusiasm. As a risk reduction, I give brand new mag bodies a careful wipe down with Eezox (Trichloroethane) prior to use. Whether this helps with the rust or is just wishful thinking, I don't know. Mine are stored in steel .50 ammo cans with desiccant when not in use. I've not seen any rust, and none of mine have broken. I'm probably around 2,500 rounds, spread across them all, so not a particularly heavy load. I live in Florida, so it is pretty humid.

I suspect that part of the problem is the grip angle, which is more vertical than a Glock. This means that a holster having the same cant (10 degrees in my case) will cause the grip of a P365 to project farther away from my torso than the grip of a Glock. The solution may be a holster with an increased cant - perhaps 15 or even 20 degrees.

At some point, I may start carrying a gun equipped with an optic. The website for JM Custom Kydex states that a cant exceeding 15 degrees requires increasing the ride height of their IWB #3 holster (my preferred IWB holster) for an optic-equipped pistol, which would compromise concealment when bending at the waist.

For those of you who carry a P365 IWB at around 3:30, which cant works best for you?
    My XL has always had an optic on it, I went for 15 degrees on my IWB #3 and have been satisfied.

I’m using a JM Custom Kydex for several different pistols, all with a 15 degree cant. I’ve been using the IWB #3 for about 11-12 years. I carry over my kidney at about 3:30ish. For my Glocks (19 & 43x) this works well. For M&P’s (prior to retirement, when I was issued one) I’d almost want to try a 20 degree cant.

I have a JMAK #3 with a 15 degree cant built for a P365x that I use with a P365. The extra length of the holster body helps to stabilize things a bit.

I bought a M&P Shield Plus a while ago, so I ordered a JMAK IWB #3 made with an optic cut. Ordered an optic cut #3 for a Glock 19 MOS also. Both of these optic cut #3 holsters ride about an inch higher out of my pants than the non-optic cut versions. Both of these holsters were made with a 15 degree cant. So from my personal experience even the 15degree cant holsters have a higher ride height. In the summer with a T-Shirt, this caused printing issues from the Glock 19. I emailed JM Custom and their response was that the additional ride height was necessary for the optic. This is unfortunate as I really like the JMAK IWB #3. But as my aging eyes force me to put optics on pistols, I’ll have to look elsewhere due to the increased ride height and associated printing issues.
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 12-02-2022 at 08:06 PM.

User Tag List