Page 47 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

I don't know when my Sig was made, but it had to be ordered in by my LGS and it arrived in late May. It was on back order, so I'm certain it's a later production P365.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I don't know when my Sig was made, but it had to be ordered in by my LGS and it arrived in late May. It was on back order, so I'm certain it's a later production P365.
    Is the manufactured date not on the case?
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

For me, a pistol should be able to complete a 2000rd challenge with full power duty/defensive ammo without any significant wear.....let alone break a part, or have reduced function/reliability due to part fatigue.
    "A man with an experience is not a slave to a man with an opinion."

I didn't know they printed the born on date on the box. Lemme go check...

The born on date is 08APR2018 and arrived at the LGS on 27 APR

Along with the P365, I also ordered two 12 round magazines. They are amazing. The P365 is even better with the extended mags.

The first time I saw the Sig P365 was at the SHOT Show. Until my brother asked me to check it out, I'd never heard of it. Turns out, he never heard of it before either, until he told another officer in his department I was at the SHOT Show. The officer asked my brother to ask me to take a look at it. I did, not expecting much.

My first impression was that it was just another small 7/8 shot 9mm. When I popped the magazine out and discovered it held 10 rounds, my eyebrows shot up in real surprise. Looking at the pistol in my hand, I could not believe Sig was able to fit a double stack magazine in that little grip. The rep told me the engineers designed the magazine first, then built the pistol around it. My interest started to grow. When I found out it also came with an extended 12 round magazine and with the plastic extension the P365 fit my hand even better, I knew someone finally built a small pistol for me.

Being underemployed at the time, other priorities meant I had to wait and by the time I was able to place my order at the LGS, there was a long waiting list. The LGS couldn't keep them in stock, the pistols were on back order (I later heard that Sig temporarily halted production to fix a few issues) and thirty customers were in line ahead of me. Although I wanted the new pistol right now, having to wait (impatiently) for a few weeks turned out to be serendipitous.

I find small pistols difficult to control and uncomfortable to shoot. Until the P365, small pistols are something you only shoot when you have to. It has been trouble free and recoil is softer and more manageable than a pistol that size has a right to be, has been pleasant to shoot. It's the only small pistol I take shooting because I like to shoot it. The P365 uses real sights. They aren't skimpy like the sights of some pocket pistols. Sight picture is clean and usable. The trigger is good. It's a bit heavy and the sear break has a lot of creep but it's smooth and predictable. It feels the same with every pull. Between the first stage and the long sear break, the chances of NDs from something getting caught in the trigger guard or when shooting under stress are greatly reduced.

One thing I don't like about the P365 is the mag release. It's awkward and slow for me to use. When I do manage to press the mag release, the mags fall free easily enough. Trouble is, my hand contacts the mag in such a way that the mag has to be ripped from the magwell. My brother has no problems. He pushes the release and flips the mag clear of the pistol. He can change the mag of the P365 almost as quickly as his duty Glock.

I have concerns about the primer smears. But it hasn't caused any problems. I would advise anyone buying a P365 to also buy a spare action spring. The distance the barrel is locked to the slide is very short which I think is why primer smearing is more than usual. When the action spring starts wearing down from use, lock up time will get shorter and smearing will get worse. I think it would be a good idea to plan on replacing action springs early and often. I also wonder if the P365 would benefit from a slightly stiffer spring.

The 12 round magazine is the P365's most outstanding feature. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around carrying 12 rounds of 9mm in such a small but shootable package. It's much smaller making it easier and more comfortable to carry than my 15 round PPQ which is one of my favorite handguns.

The PPQ 45 is one of the most size efficient pistols on the market. It holds 12 rounds of 45 ACP in a handgun not much larger than the PPQ 9mm. Its sleek design and size helps it conceal much better than any 45 ACP pistol, let alone one with a double stack 12 sot magazine. Yet, it looks huge compared to the little 12 shot P365.

12 Angry Men versus 12 Angry Halflings

I knew I was taking a chance when I ordered the P365. But without risk, there is no reward. So far, my P365 has been all reward. Yeah, I like it. It's the Little Pistol That Could.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 06-30-2018 at 01:31 PM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Walked into the LGS yesterday to buy a G43 or a G20 (something I could install an SCD onto) and ended up walking out with one of these things as they just happened to have one in stock.

It has born on date of July 02 and a new small grey box as opposed to the standard sig box. Cleaned and lubed it then took it to the range with two other pistols (my shield 45 and Glock 29)... all being function tested.

I fed the P365 1 box of speer lawman 115 grain with no issues. On the second box of speer lawman 115 grain, I had 2 FTRB (failure to return to battery) that were fixed by me tapping the back of the slide. Not sure if that was me riding the slide or what caused it.

Next I put a box of remmington golden saber through it, no issues.
    Finally a box of Underwood +p+ gold dots with no issues.

Overall quite nice shooting pistol with phenomenal capacity for the size. Makes my trusty P30sk feel like a brick. I've got a crate of nato rounds coming next week that I'll run another 200-300 through the Sig to see if the FTRB ever comes back.

*Note, I had zero slide lockback issues.

---
    Meanwhile my shield 45 which always has rounds sticking in the mag when I try to manually unload them has ZERO issues I'm happy to report.
    My new Glock 29SF w/ Gadget SCD had 2 light strikes on sig target rounds. Not sure if it is an issue with the Glock striker, or perhaps the ammo. This one will need more testing before I trust it.

Quote Originally Posted by KhanRad View Post
    For me, a pistol should be able to complete a 2000rd challenge with full power duty/defensive ammo without any significant wear.....let alone break a part, or have reduced function/reliability due to part fatigue.
    That's a lot to ask from these subcompact pistols. I'm pretty sure some (Kahr maybe?) have recoil spring replacement intervals less than this. It seems SIG has some issues to overcome with the 365, but it will never be a G17, nor would I expect it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    That's a lot to ask from these subcompact pistols. I'm pretty sure some (Kahr maybe?) have recoil spring replacement intervals less than this. It seems SIG has some issues to overcome with the 365, but it will never be a G17, nor would I expect it to be.
    There’s the rub. We have all been spoiled by the previous generation of “sub-compact” pistols, which were essentially full size or compact pistols chopped down. The internals however were all nearly as robust as the full size equivalents.

This new generation of ultra compacts are asking alot of very small parts.

That said, for me I need to run 100-200 flawless defense rounds before I feel comfortable. I was burned in the past by my Glock 32, which would not reliably feed my underwood Gold dots. Has I not tested several expensive boxes of the hollowpoints, I’d never have known.
    Last edited by lordhamster; 07-15-2018 at 11:47 AM.

If 2000 rds in a row is too much for a gun, it’s too fragile to rely on when your life is on the line IMO.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

I'm sure that'll be one hell of a gun fight.

I wonder how many j frames have 2000 rds though them, total.

Really, where does 2k come from anyway? Would it be better to do a MAC style gauntlet test? I mean what does 2k prove?

I like robust full size pistols, but the ultra compacts have a place. I just don't expect them to be as durable because science. What is the lifespan of the ultralight j frames in 357?
    Last edited by Corse; 07-16-2018 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    It'll never be a G17??? What does that mean?
    US Navy Veteran
    1961-1965

User Tag List