Page 218 of 232 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    @RJ @theJanitor or @UNK or anyone else… If one is a 1911 fan, will one be happy running a 365 (probably xl) MS? For context, I am very content with my M&P compacts safety but am looking for a lighter and thinner option. Kinda looking for a P365 CCO analog if that makes sense.
    I "grew up" shooting 1911s, and they're still my favorite pistol of all time. I currently carry a P365XL as a primary, with MS. I would not trade it for any compact 1911, as it just makes so much more sense from a maintenance, capacity and "value" perspective. Having said that, a P365 trigger of any sort is NOT anywhere near comparable to a 1911, and you will notice it right away. The current iteration of the P365 MS is skimpy, and not crisp/positive like a good 1911 safety. It's not bad, it's just not the same.

For ME, the advantage in weight, capacity, cost, etc make the juice worth the squeeze. Might be different for you - I'd strongly recommend shooting a rental or loaner XL against your M&P Compact to see what the real world differences are.

@RJ @theJanitor or @UNK or anyone else… If one is a 1911 fan, will one be happy running a 365 (probably xl) MS? For context, I am very content with my M&P compacts safety but am looking for a lighter and thinner option. Kinda looking for a P365 CCO analog if that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I "grew up" shooting 1911s, and they're still my favorite pistol of all time. I currently carry a P365XL as a primary, with MS. I would not trade it for any compact 1911, as it just makes so much more sense from a maintenance, capacity and "value" perspective. Having said that, a P365 trigger of any sort is NOT anywhere near comparable to a 1911, and you will notice it right away. The current iteration of the P365 MS is skimpy, and not crisp/positive like a good 1911 safety. It's not bad, it's just not the same.

For ME, the advantage in weight, capacity, cost, etc make the juice worth the squeeze. Might be different for you - I'd strongly recommend shooting a rental or loaner XL against your M&P Compact to see what the real world differences are.
    I talked to the Sig Armorer he can not make it like a 1911. He can clean it up and make it better. Ive heard the Apex trigger is better than the stock Shield 2.0/Plus so maybe some Apex parts could get you closer.
    Please dont talk to me about 1911s. Its all I can do to not buy a Wilson Combat thats not in my budget at this time due to major remodeling projects.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post

I totally get the trigger differences. I built a poor man’s 2011 out of the M&P (who’s trigger is also not like a 1911) but, it is just too big/heavy for summer carry. Think board shorts and flip flops. I traded out of my P938 and am thinking an iteration of the 365 as a summer 1911. Just trying to decide if the manual safety is a valid option.

Site Supporter
    I totally get the trigger differences. I built a poor man’s 2011 out of the M&P (who’s trigger is also not like a 1911) but, it is just too big/heavy for summer carry. Think board shorts and flip flops. I traded out of my P938 and am thinking an iteration of the 365 as a summer 1911. Just trying to decide if the manual safety is a valid option.
    Ymmv but I got used to the safety after a much longer time then I thought it would take. Now I am constantly and subconsciously hitting the safety. That said, I really like the idea of a larger one.

The P365 with MS would be my choice for that application. If you could find one, I'd get the P365X, so you had the option for mount an optic. Then all you'd need is a "standard" P365 MS grip module to make the pistol even smaller, should you care to do so.

If optics are not in your future, it's a lot easier to find a P365 MS.

Sorry, I am not a MS guy; defer to the other folks above. I have zip for time on a P365 with a MS. IIRC Chris Baker's P365XL had a MS, perhaps worth looking at his video. I think he makes some comments about it.

Edit: found it. He was not terribly enthusiastic about it:

I’m about to pour a lot of love all over this gun and talk about how amazing it is. But this manual safety is not good. It’s also not horrible. It’s not like the miserable little nub of a safety you’ll find as an option on the Smith & Wesson Shield. And it’s not as bad as that weird safety on the LCP .22 LR I talked about a couple of weeks ago. It has a very positive click on and off and it’s ambidextrous. It could still be much better. It’s not wide enough and it needs to be positioned about a quarter inch farther forward on the frame.

https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/t...y-good-pistol/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Sorry, I am not a MS guy; defer to the other folks above. I have zip for time on a P365 with a MS. IIRC Chris Baker's P365XL had a MS, perhaps worth looking at his video. I think he makes some comments about it.

Edit: found it. He was not terribly enthusiastic about it:

I’m about to pour a lot of love all over this gun and talk about how amazing it is. But this manual safety is not good. It’s also not horrible. It’s not like the miserable little nub of a safety you’ll find as an option on the Smith & Wesson Shield. And it’s not as bad as that weird safety on the LCP .22 LR I talked about a couple of weeks ago. It has a very positive click on and off and it’s ambidextrous. It could still be much better. It’s not wide enough and it needs to be positioned about a quarter inch farther forward on the frame.

https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/t...y-good-pistol/
    Saw that video. Sounds like great initial input for @UNK to pass on for the design. Extend that new one at least a quarter of an inch forward please!!!

I appreciate all the input.

I haven’t tried the MS variant yet. I have had time with a XL fitted with a Wilson standard 365 module. It’s a great combo

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Surprised @UNK didn’t mention it, but maybe I’m missing some context. UNK and his machinist buddy have an extended safety already available for the M&P Shield Plus line.

If you’re already into M&Ps but want something lighter and thinner with a workable thumb safety, that might be a very easy transition back and forth.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Saw that video. Sounds like great initial input for @UNK to pass on for the design. Extend that new one at least a quarter of an inch forward please!!!

I appreciate all the input.
    @Hot Sauce mentioned the Shield safety. Im not trying to hard sell but Ive got just a few left. Bill will make more but not till the 365 safety is done.
    You can look at them here https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....p-W-Shield-2-0
    and msg me at shieldthumbsafety@gmail.com remind me of your user name and Ill have one headed your way. I have a couple molds left for modifying a kydex type holster with a heat gun to accept the safety. If not thats ok too.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List