Page 26 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Bruce Gray's comments about ammunition choice do concern me a little bit. The reality is I would carry it with exactly the type of ammo he is discussing. However, I am a little concerned that it could potentially be that ammo sensitive. I'm in the camp that is waiting for the bugs to be worked out for now. I do think the concept is solid though.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I read that message and thought it was a GLOCK response - now Sig's can't be limp wristed either!

Seriously, at least they're looking into it and being public about it without going through a bunch of BS like the P320 fiasco. Maybe learning has occurred in Exeter...

I’m just old school enough to hate being a beta tester. As in I once owned a Betamax.....

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    If this gun isn't Walmart-ammo-reliable, it's dead already.
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    If a gun won't run on any SAAMI spec ammo I won't carry it... period.
    I am going to disagree a little with you two and the 23 likes. I'd agree if that applied for a service size of even compact/sub sized guns. Those mouse guns, I don't know if I'd judge them by the same standard. Short slide travel, issues of slide velocity, burden on mag springs, difficulty of getting a full grip, etc. I don't think that I would expect a 17 oz something that can fit into most adult's crevices run as non-stop as G17 and be the same kind of carnivore. If ammo indifference and feather weight are desired in one package, the answer is a J.
    I don't have a 365 and probably never will but I do carry a G43 at times, and I have about 500-600 of Gold Dots, Rangers and HST in a standard pressure variant just for that gun. My regular carry thing gets fed +P.
    Last edited by YVK; 02-13-2018 at 09:10 PM.

So there's nothing wrong with it, you're using the wrong ammo and holding it wrong. But we are fixing it nonetheless.

Vintage Cohen era Sig

ps I bet plenty of these will get carried with what ever box of 9mm bullets was cheapest on the shelf. To think the majority of gun owners understand or care more than 9mm is 9mm is a stretch
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I watched Hickock45’s review, one of the few YouTube guys I pay attention to. His videos are a good blend of entertainment and information, although I’m not sure there’s a gun he doesn’t like.

https://youtu.be/n29qgsP9B-E

What I found of note is around 23:46 he reflexively smacks the rear of the slide after a load. I used to do that out of habit in the early days of my VP9 as I had some cases of the slide not fully seating into battery. Interesting he does that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I watched Hickock45’s review, one of the few YouTube guys I pay attention to. His videos are a good blend of entertainment and information, although I’m not sure there’s a gun he doesn’t like.

What I found of note is around 23:46 he reflexively smacks the rear of the slide after a load. I used to do that out of habit in the early days of my VP9 as I had some cases of the slide not fully seating into battery. Interesting he does that as well.
    He damn sure makes that thing look easy to shoot!

150 THOUSAND views in a day...certainly speaks to the popularity of the 365 and of Hickock’s channel in general. I do plan to pick up one of these but I’m not gonna be a beta tester. I’ll give it a year or so.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    150 THOUSAND views in a day...certainly speaks to the popularity of the 365 and of Hickock’s channel in general. I do plan to pick up one of these but I’m not gonna be a beta tester. I’ll give it a year or so.
    Yep, roger that.

Short list SWMBO has narrowed down to at this point is:

Glock 26.5
    HK VP9SK

I’d prefer she pick a G26 for commonality, but if she enjoys shooting the VP9SK, that’s fine too.

I’m also not keen on buying a new design Sig, but it sure is a interesting package, especially for those with smaller hands.

It's a good thing he smacked the back of the slide, the gun was out of battery. Funny, that.
    Last edited by Steaz; 02-14-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    If this gun isn't Walmart-ammo-reliable, it's dead already.
    Plenty of other micro 9’s eat steel cased Tula. Shield and G43 come to mind, no reason a Sig shouldn’t function(go bang, preference is another issue)with any ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List