Page 151 of 232 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

It never hurts to be judicious about changing recoil springs (or striker/FP springs for that matter). The gun doesn't need to go back to a manufacturer for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Jackson View Post
    I have no experience (thus no opinions) on the CZ P10 or HK VP9. I respectfully disagree with your opinion that M&P is a good choice for a service weapon. To avoid taking the thread away from the intended topic, please send me a private message if you'd like to talk about why I do not like the M&P as a service weapon.
    My department has issued the M&P since 2007 (first the M&P 40 and now the M&P 9). In nearly 15 years of having these guns in-service I can count on one hand the issues we've had and all were taken care of by S&W. For a service weapon, S&W's customer service is nearly without parallel except for maybe Glock (talk to any LE distributor that deals with multiple companies).

There are a lot of these guns in-service throughout the state (every California Highway Patrol officer carries a M&P 40) and @SoCalDep 's uses them as well.

I'm happy to talk with you about them via PM, but I can assure you or anyone else on the internet based on real first hand experience over years of use that they are a solid platform and the 2.0 pistols did nothing but make solid improvements.

Not to further the thread drift, but it's interesting as a non-M&P guy to see the wildly varying opinions on them. I've got a very good friend who's large PD has been issuing the M&P almost since the first ones hit the street, and he and his folks are completely happy with what they've got. Another friend from a different department wouldn't take and M&P for free if you were handing them out. Not sure what's going on there, but it definitely seems like a love it or hate it proposition...

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    You have excellent timing. I was logging into P-F to ask "does anybody have any idea what SIGs recommended maintenance schedule looks like for the P365?" and there are you are... Thanks for that.
    Glad to help!

SIG is recommending an armorer inspection be done "every three years or 5,000 rounds" on both the P320 and P365.

Since most of us don't actually count rounds we shoot the answer is to guesstimate and defer to common sense. It's a pretty hardy little gun.

Of note, SIG no longer wants folks to replace individual pieces in the striker assembly and instead is selling the whole striker assemblies as one part (S&W has been doing the same thing). SIG is doing the same thing with the sear group in the P320. "When it doubt, swap it out."

Still teetering on taking the SIG plunge, I keep going back and forth. Southnarc's recommendation is a strong indicator for me but I couldn't bring myself to put hands on the little devils at Bass Pro Shops today with the little kiddos in tow. I was carrying VP9 IWB w/ a single ply leather belt from Custom Custom Leather (his cheapest poorest finish belt, yet seriously solid) and Perry heavy duty suspenders and had to remind myself that it's not such a bad way to carry. I guess I'll see again once summer rolls around. The other thing is I'd be looking at carrying AIWB again after many years rocking IWB at 3:30.... decisions. Good thing I've got no free cash right now or I might have just jumped on one there today for the hell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    There is no Glock equivalent of the P365. The G43/G43X/G48 are nowhere near as reliable or shootable as a P365/P365XL.

2000 rounds and back to the manufacturer? Where in the world did you get this idea and number? For one, I don't think either manufacturer would have any desire to do that. Secondly, that is nowhere close to recommended service intervals for either.

As of two weeks ago going through the P365 Armorer's Course, the first recommended part change is at 5000 rounds and it is a very user serviceable item...
    @KevH much appreciate the knowledge dump. It is very useful.

One question, please? The Sig P365 Operators Manual, below...

https://www.sigsauer.com/pub/media/s...v00-LR_2_1.pdf

...specifies a 2,500 round count replacement for the Recoil Spring Guide Assembly on page 40, section 8.3, "Cleaning/Lubrication":

Name:  capture.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  22.4 KB

But the Armorers Manual lists the "Recoil Spring Guide Assembly" at 5K rounds (page 75, position 113a). Any thoughts as to why there are two different numbers (2,500, 5,000) for round count for replacement of the RSGA, or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!

(as a side note, it's interesting (compared, say, to a G48) that Sig uses a different part no. for the RSGA for the P365XL.)

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    But the Armorers Manual lists the "Recoil Spring Guide Assembly" at 5K rounds (page 75, position 113a). Any thoughts as to why there are two different numbers (2,500, 5,000) for round count for replacement of the RSGA, or am I missing something obvious?

(as a side note, it's interesting (compared, say, to a G48) that Sig uses a different part no. for the RSGA for the P365XL.)
    Because the first number was meant to separate owners from their money and the second number is more realistic if Sig had to pay for it?

Kind of like 3000 mile oil change recommendations that should be done at the dealership….

As for the recoil springs they’re different length RSAs due to how they interface with the fronts of the different length dust covers. So different part numbers. It meaningfully changes the stroke of the slide. The XL is much softer and slower feeling partly due to that.

(Which is also probably what made your G48 unreliable with the weight of the dot. It was a G43 slide and RSA with extra G48 nose and an optic. Wasn’t designed for that, just stuff post processed. A change of RSA weight would have likely restored reliability.)
    Last edited by JCN; 02-20-2022 at 07:48 PM.

@KevH much appreciate the knowledge dump. It is very useful.

One question, please? The Sig P365 Operators Manual, below...

https://www.sigsauer.com/pub/media/s...v00-LR_2_1.pdf

...specifies a 2,500 round count replacement for the Recoil Spring Guide Assembly on page 40, section 8.3, "Cleaning/Lubrication":

Name:  capture.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  22.4 KB

Thanks!

I believe the lower round count is for the P365 series vs the 5k count for the P320 series, but @KevH might have better insight.

Note my earlier comment about the 2k round preventative maintenance which I believe is especially necessary if you're shooting +P ammo.

As an aside, I treat Glock single stack (G43/48) the same way (replace at 2k rounds) as compared to the double stack guns as long the double stack guns have the dual spring captured RSAs (*ETA: introduced late Gen3 into Gen4, I believe. My mistake, I originally typed Gen2 into Gen3 and meant Gen3 into Gen4. Thanks for pointing out the error @JCN).
    Last edited by Clark Jackson; 02-20-2022 at 08:33 PM.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

I believe the lower round count is for the P365 series vs the 5k count for the P320 series, but @KevH might have better insight.

Note my earlier comment about the 2k round preventative maintenance which I believe is especially necessary if you're shooting +P ammo.
    Uh, I dunno about the 320, but the page quoted with 5K was sourced from the P365 Armorer's Manual, hence my question. But imma stand by at this point, as I am feeling speed bumps from being at the edge of my lane.

as I am feeling speed bumps from being at the edge of my lane.
    Rumble strips….

double stack guns as long the double stack guns have the dual spring captured RSAs (introduced late Gen2 into Gen3, I believe).
    G26 maybe?
    IIRC Gen3 G19/G17 still had single and Gen 4 was dual.

This thread is killing me in so many ways….

User Tag List