Page 66 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Copied from ST:

I'm well over 6,000 rounds now, but I am a bit alarmed by the recent appearance of a metallurgical void on the breech face of my slide:

I didn't get a great photo then, but it wasn't noticeable last month:

So I've taken my P365 out of service while I wait for the Sig gunsmith to look at the picture. Less concerning but still interesting to note is that the chamber of my barrel appears to be losing the nitron coating in patches:

I did take a couple "advanced ccw" type courses after work where we shot 200-300 rounds over ~2 hours so the gun may have gotten a bit warm, but it shouldn't have been excessively so. The hottest it got was probably during a Vickers/Hackathorn drill called the "Half Test" (10 rounds in a ~5" circle at 5 yards in 5 seconds).

I hope it gets resolved quickly; in the meantime I'm back to my trusty PM9 which is not nearly as much fun to shoot.
    Damn. That breech face doesn't look so bueno. I would be curious to hear how this ends up.

Any idea when the gun was made?
    Last edited by cornstalker; 03-21-2019 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Damn. That breech face doesn't look so bueno. I would be curious to hear how this ends up.

Any idea when the gun was made?
    Yeah we'll see what they say. Mine is one of the older ones: May 16 2018

Yeah we'll see what they say. Mine is one of the older ones: May 16 2018
    That was your gun?

Yep - putting a damper on the training journal...

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    The gunsmith said the discoloration ring is normal, but not the pit so they're going to replace the slide. They'd like to check out the whole gun though, so it'll be shipped back to NH and probably take 3-4 weeks before I get it back.
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 03-22-2019 at 02:49 PM.

The gunsmith said the discoloration ring is normal, but not the pit so they're going to replace the slide. They'd like to check out the whole gun though, so it'll be shipped back to NH and probably take 3-4 weeks before I get it back.
    You will probably receive a new Pistol.
    Last edited by JBP55; 03-22-2019 at 05:34 PM.

I'm well over 6,000 rounds now, but I am a bit alarmed by the recent appearance of a metallurgical void on the breech face of my slide:

So I've taken my P365 out of service while I wait for the Sig gunsmith to look at the picture. Less concerning but still interesting to note is that the chamber of my barrel appears to be losing the nitron coating in patches:

Got the pistol back with a new slide. They reused my sights, extractor, and May 2018 striker, but it appears they did replace the plastic striker cups so they must have inspected it. It also feels like they installed a new recoil spring, but only the slide replacement was noted on the sheet.

Embarrassingly, that chamber finish "wear" turned out to be run of the mill leading. Sig was kind enough to clean it right up. Not sure how lead gets in the chamber when using FMJ ammo (especially when the rifling looked pristine), but I may need to use solvent & brass brush when I detail clean rather than repeating my typical CLP patches.

Fast turnaround, great service from Sig...

@0ddl0t did Sig say anything about the slide, why there was a erosion so early on? Is this something they expect or was it out of the ordinary, or did they give you no indication? Just wanting to satisfy my curiosity as I am still interested in these guns down the road a bit. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @0ddl0t did Sig say anything about the slide, why there was a erosion so early on? Is this something they expect or was it out of the ordinary, or did they give you no indication? Just wanting to satisfy my curiosity as I am still interested in these guns down the road a bit. Thanks.
    Over the phone the initial CS rep said it was not normal and the slide would be replaced, but they wanted to check everything over. The gunsmith notes just said replaced slide and cleaned lead from chamber.

Gotcha just wondering if you had any follow up with them by phone. Thanks for the update and I am glad you got taken care of.

User Tag List