Page 41 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

I called Brownell’s and cancelled my 365 pre-order today.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

It’s too bad Sig corporate cannot recognize the long term negative effects of Cohen’s poor management decisions, but many of us have seen this very thing happen to much larger corporations as well. Too much to get into here, so getting back to the P365...

The one we rented was filthy and bone dry. The carbon buildup was significant, and even through it ran like a greased rabbit, I finally field stripped and added lubed it. At that point we had three G43’s, so we are obviously pleased with their performance, but at the end of a rather long range session neither of us could think of one single area where the G43 performed better. I don’t think it was even close.

Having said that, we’re down to two G43’s, but still have not bought a P365. We got burned big time on the early M&P 9mm’s, and had even more serious issues with early gen. 4 G19’s, so we are in no hurry for more headaches. Hopefully by Christmas reports will be coming in painting a more posotive picture, and we can exchange the G43’s for them then. If that never happens, that will be okay, but maybe someone else will step up to the plate and offer something similar, but more refined and better built. As of now, we’ll just take a lengthy wait and see. Besides, the 43’s are working fine, though after shooting the P365, I sure wish the bugs were worked out on it! It beat our G43’s six ways to Sunday. For now the G43’s are giving good service, but the tease of something better is always in the back of the mind. If we had fired one of the problematic pistols noted in this post, we wouldn’t be as interested in the P365. In fairness, it should be noted that our early, original G43 (now gone after getting fixed) was also problematic.

My usual rule, but now modified. Wait for the Gen 2 of any handgun or fixed wing aircraft, and the Gen 3 of a helicopter or Sig.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My usual rule, but now modified. Wait for the Gen 2 of any handgun or fixed wing aircraft, and the Gen 3 of a helicopter or Sig.
    It's on what? P365 v1.1 now? The tweaks that were made don't seem enough to raise it to a 2.0.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Business Schools should study Sig Exeter as an example of how you destroy a brand.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Site Supporter
    My usual rule, but now modified. Wait for the Gen 2 of any handgun or fixed wing aircraft, and the Gen 3 of a helicopter or Sig. Gen 1 HK’s and Boeing’s are GTG.
    FIFY!

I can't keep track, but I think we're already on 3.0 on the 365, and no end in sight...

Could someone with an ounce scale measure the weight of a P365 slide sans barrel, for geek reasons? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I weighed mine on a couple of different scales. I got 9.1 and 9.08 oz (258 and 257.4 g).
    Wow, an ounce lighter than 43.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I can't keep track, but I think we're already on 3.0 on the 365, and no end in sight...
    There has been one change since they started shipping, when they went to the BXR3, which entailed a heavier recoil spring (due to failure to battery), upgrade to xray sights from siglight or whatever sights (too many DOA sights I think), and some relief cuts on the barrel (peening)

User Tag List