Page 38 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I havent seen one of these yet. Are they to big for an ankle gun?
    They are smaller than a Glock 43

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Mine was one of those 0.08% that he talked about. Had 1200 rounds through it with 4 malfunctions, two were basically a dead trigger, the others were fte, and failure to lock back after the last round, sent back to sig and they replaced the striker firing pin. Got it back this week and shoot 250 error free rounds, but still a long way to go with this before I would even consider reliable. Swore I wouldn’t be a beta tester for this gun, but conceptually, 10/12 rounds in such a small gun had me really intrigued.

And the 'primer drag' is normal and has "absolutely no effect on the endurance of the striker."

Is that normal on any other SF pistol? The primer is obviously a softer metal so perhaps the drag wouldn't have an adverse striker effect. I guess if the normal drag continues and strikers cease and desist their breaking ways, we'll know for sure. Seems weird, though.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    And the 'primer drag' is normal and has "absolutely no effect on the endurance of the striker."

Is that normal on any other SF pistol? The primer is obviously a softer metal so perhaps the drag wouldn't have an adverse striker effect. I guess if the normal drag continues and strikers cease and desist their breaking ways, we'll know for sure. Seems weird, though.
    I’d say Glocks have primer drag, by design I guess, since there is no rebound spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I’d say Glocks have primer drag, by design I guess, since there is no rebound spring.
    Most striker fired pistols do. As I recall early 1980s Euro Glocks used a rounded firing pin, but had shearing problems. Glock changed the design to the rectangular design we see today to give the pin more strength during primer drag.
    "A man with an experience is not a slave to a man with an opinion."

Interesting. Perhaps I simply haven't noticed it. I'll have to begin going through spent brass and compare hammers to strikers. It seems the 365 must at least be (much?) more pronounced to have that reported as an issue.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

I sold all of my striker fired pistols, except one: the M&P 9C. That pistol is as reliable as the day is long, has the exact same height as the Sig P365, is .9” longer, and holds 12 rounds in a flush magazine. I don’t see what’s so revolutionary about the Sig P365. I love my Sigs: P238, P938, P229’s, and a P226 Legion SAO. They all get carried, but the P938 would be my favorite for micro carry.

Quote Originally Posted by KhanRad View Post
    Most striker fired pistols do. As I recall early 1980s Euro Glocks used a rounded firing pin, but had shearing problems. Glock changed the design to the rectangular design we see today to give the pin more strength during primer drag.
    My Walther PPS Classic has a rebound spring. I wondered what it was for a while but now I get it and it seems like a good spring to have to avoid the striker drag.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

MAC p365 shit the bed. Interested to see the video. But this seems like a common deal. Some work some do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List