Page 35 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Yeah, that's the strange thing.. it's not uncommon but most don't seem to have visible anomalies. If you have an insight from reading elsewhere, is this a first run vs later runs QC thing? or does it affect a percentage of the post hiatus units as well?
    I'm watching all of the forums and the FB group, it does not appear to have changed/gone away with the most recent pistols people are posting (late March, mine was 3/26, haven't seen an April posted yet). It is definitely affecting (it meaning the -some get major visible wear, others get none-) the 'fixed' BXR3 labeled pistols (again, what I have, which is the latest version)

The big question is, will it have any effect on reliability or longevity of the pistols as they rack up rounds. So far people are either saying "that's not right, and the inconsistent nature makes it seem like a QC thing" or they are saying "it's supposed to look like that it's a tool you use it and it looks used" (nevermind that many get used and don't look at all like that...).

640 rounds. Always lubed generously with Slip 2000 EWL
    Last edited by Steaz; 04-10-2018 at 05:02 PM.

I'm up to 770 rounds on my P365. No failures or stoppages yet.

I did get a meaningful back to back in this morning, Shield vs P365. I used the extended 10 round mag on the P365 and the flush 7 round on the Shield (shield is still larger), and loaded both guns to 8 rounds with standard pressure 124gr (AE and Lawman). I ran reduced par time The Test and Half Test combined for each.

Times and hits were basically dead even.

10 yards
    Shield 7.81s
    P365 7.63s

5 yards
    Shield 2.97s
    P365: 3.01s

I consider the hits dead even, didn't score them. The Shield rear sight is bumped slightly to the right to compensate for me, the P365 has not been scootched. Do that and it would be a dead heat every way possible. Except that the P365 is smaller and has room for 3 more rounds than what I used for that test. But I am getting elongated primer strikes on the P365 from the barrel unlocking and camming down before the striker pulls back, which makes me worry about the tip of the striker breaking off (it's happened to other P365's) especially since it's a MIM part

Oh, and that Shield had a failure to feed on a round of 124gr +P HST

So the P365 is at 770 rounds flawless including 120 total HST (124, 147, 124+P)...the Shield is at 430 rounds including 130 JHP, and already with a FTFeed on an HST
    Last edited by Steaz; 04-11-2018 at 09:05 PM.

1,022 rounds. No failures. Primer swipes, barrel shows a ton of wear despite many others with more rounds looking brand new.

Sig customer service says it's absolutely normal for the gun though.

I don't like the look of those primer strikes.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I use six round OEM mags in the 43, because I have the most faith in them. An interesting thing about the PPS M2, is the availability of OEM 6, 7 and 8 round magazines. Eight rounds is a lot closer to ten than six.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Just shot one today.

Amazingly accurate pistol.

Five shots into a quarter at 10 yards.

It's still a LITTLE small but keeping in mind what it is and what it's for it solves that problem.

It has aggressive stippling and a smooth trigger pull.

I like it. I love the Lumi-Green front sight, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to put 400 rounds down range today. Ammo uses was BB 124g fmj, some lawman 147g fmj, and 50 rounds of HST 147 JHP. Gun ran flawless. Very little barrel wear at this point. Very happy with my accuracy and groups all all distance. Always been a fan of the x-ray sights and these don't disappoint. Trigger is pretty good for an edc. Measures on my lyman at 5.2 - 5.4 range. It is actually very similar to my glock 19.5 trigger, longer takeup than my other sigs and certainly longer than my 320. My 320 take up measures right around 4mm to the wall, the 365 is 7mm which is exactly the same as my glock 19.5.

My only concern if any at this point is the grip is tiny. (I have large glove size hands) I prefer my 43 and shield from an ergonomic standpoint but I shoot the 365 with better accuracy than both my shield and 43. What I was pleasantly surprised with is I was able to incorporate decent speed for me out of the holster on the target. I was consistent at 10 yards on 8" steel out of the holster aiwb with concealment at 1.3. That's pretty fast for me, my 19 I can get to 1.1, 43 about the same (1.3 - 1.4) but not with the same consistent hits. I was surprised at being able to get the small grip out of my holster without fumbling with it. That was my concern with such a small grip but didn't seem to be an issue.

I had shot one a few weeks back as a rental and the mag release isn't ideal, It's slightly angled in toward the front of the gun but I didn't have any issues with reloading at speed. I was also concerned given the small grip that the mag would get hung up on my palm but that didn't happen either.

I ran the Gabe White standards with concealment aiwb. Times are including the .25 off from concealment. Full disclosure on this, it was on steel so I can't verify if all shots would have been in the right zone. It was a smaller steel target around 6-8 inch body and spot for the head that was no more than 3x5. It was a bit of an afterthought running it but I was actually happy to hit the steel on all hits. Definitely will run it with the right target next time, it was more of an afterthought at the end of my session.

Bill 2.42
    FtS 2.23
    II 1.39
    SB 3.01

To be perfectly honest, I've had this on order from Brownell's since 1/24 and there have been a number of times I was going to cancel my order given the reliability issues but I didn't. This was the first gun that I have received that I was not very excited about picking it up, and basically told myself the 365 has very little room for error. So far, I am extremely happy with how it handled and it it stays reliable, no question this will replace my 43 and will be utilized a lot as my edc once I get over 1000 rounds error free. I really hope it stays reliable and so far as indicated minimal wear.

Picked mine up today and went straight to the range. It's born date is March 16.
    100 rounds of freedom munitions 147, no issues
    150 rounds of geco 124, no issues
    I really wish the sights were meant for a 6 o'clock hold. It shoots center.
    Slight peening at barrel hood.
    Primer swipes pretty much every round, which I already know is going to concern me more and more as round count increases.
    Last edited by kitten_frenzy; 04-14-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kitten_frenzy View Post
    Picked mine up today and went straight to the range. It's born date is March 16.
    100 rounds of freedom munitions 147, no issues
    150 rounds of geco 124, no issues
    I really wish the sights were meant for a 6 o'clock hold. It shoots center.
    Slight peening at barrel hood.
    Primer swipes pretty much every round, which I already know is going to concern me more and more as round count increases.
    Update: Broken striker

Timeline:

Picked it up Saturday morning (4/14/18)
    Put 250 rounds through it right away
    Got home, cleaned it and inspected it. That's when the first picture of it was taken as this was a concern of mine.
    Dry fired it maybe 200 times since then to get used to the trigger.
    Now it's broken.

I attended a Class this weekend with Seeklander and Strader Phil was kind enough to do a live FB video ( on our Keepers Concealment page) about the Sig 365 and 320 He works for sig and had a lot to do with the 365.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

User Tag List