Page 231 of 232 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232 LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post
    Hopefully it will help with consistently swiping it off on the draw. I’d say I miss it probably 10% of the time, especially if I happen to catch a little bit of shirt or just don’t get a great grip. I added the safety for the purpose of holstering safely, and am having to get used to it.
    I briefly thought about maybe deactivating it after holstering so I wouldn’t have to worry about missing it on the draw…What’s the consensus on that practice from those of you with more experience?
    Having been burned in Alaska with the thumb safety on a USP FS .45, my personal practice is I am either using the thumb safety in all phases of drawing, holstering and moving, or I want a pistol without a thumb safety. Unless used consistently in all phases, it may end up on when you expect it off, or vice versa.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Having been burned in Alaska with the thumb safety on a USP FS .45, my personal practice is I am either using the thumb safety in all phases of drawing, holstering and moving, or I want a pistol without a thumb safety. Unless used consistently in all phases, it may end up on when you expect it off, or vice versa.
    Yeah, I feel the same way about it.

Certainly makes sense. Seems like it would need to be quite an impact or knock against something to activate it considering the stiffness, but I get the point. Better safe than sorry.

Do you guys see the thumb safety on the 365 helping you drawing, holstering or in another way?
    Holstering and admin handling for me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post
    Certainly makes sense. Seems like it would need to be quite an impact or knock against something to activate it considering the stiffness, but I get the point. Better safe than sorry.
    I will tell you my experience in case it helps you avoid my mistake. I was carrying a USP with a thumb safety. Out at our remote cabin, I saw a porcupine, which we shoot on sight as they are harmful to dogs and structures. I jumped out of our truck, shot the porcupine once, and it ran left. I went after it, went to shoot again, and the gun wouldn't fire, as I had subconsciously put the thumb safety in while moving, and didn't take it off. No harm with a porcupine, but potentially catastrophic with a bear. After that, I went to the lever that was decock only, with no thumb safety. That is why I say you either use it all the time, or it can bite you.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    the Sonoran Desert and 6200' in the Tonto N.F.
    Ordered one to try - anxious to try it

I will tell you my experience in case it helps you avoid my mistake. I was carrying a USP with a thumb safety. Out at our remote cabin, I saw a porcupine, which we shoot on sight as they are harmful to dogs and structures. I jumped out of our truck, shot the porcupine once, and it ran left. I went after it, went to shoot again, and the gun wouldn't fire, as I had subconsciously put the thumb safety in while moving, and didn't take it off. No harm with a porcupine, but potentially catastrophic with a bear. After that, I went to the lever that was decock only, with no thumb safety. That is why I say you either use it all the time, or it can bite you.
    I remember when you originally reported that incident. It's partly what's made me decide to send my USP 45's back to HK for the Match Hybrid LEM conversion (that and the outstanding reports of that trigger system)... I just haven't done it yet. It also contributed to me getting an HK45C in LEM, and I'm very happy with that decision.

The newly announced Flux Raider chassis for the P365 looks neat. I won’t be getting one but I think it’s a nifty little product. I liked the fact that the employee in the TFBTV interview video was wearing one in an AIWB holster that Flux will also be offering for sale.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    The newly announced Flux Raider chassis for the P365 looks neat. I won’t be getting one but I think it’s a nifty little product. I liked the fact that the employee in the TFBTV interview video was wearing one in an AIWB holster that Flux will also be offering for sale.
    I imagine gen 1 will have lots of random bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I've known they were coming for quite a while so I've got an fcu, barrel, slide, small parts and a suppressor waiting for it. I love my other Raiders, I think the 365 is a better pistol so I'm really looking forward to it.

Ben from Flux did an info dump the other day

Raider 365 INFO DUMP:
    First, WHY?
    I had thought we had found the threshold for size with our Glock stuff. For some people, it was definitely too small, although it worked for me and plenty of others. So I had planned on not doing it.
    Travis Haley told us we should do it, design it as the suppressed PDW designed for on body carry.
    So I started thinking, and realized if we were to go any smaller, it had to be a folder. The folder gives a LOT more LOP, and enables us to angle the arm, allowing for good ergos in a tiny package.
    After testing it, I have found that it fucks. It fucks hard.
    PDW in your pants. Suppressed PDW on your person, in the same form factor (smaller, even) than the Raider.

WHEN: When its ready!!! End of Q1, most likely.

SIZE:
    9.75” is standard length when collapsed, 1.25” shorter than the Raider, but the 365 has a little better LOP. 11.1 inches is the extended version which has a little better LOP than the 1.5” stock Raider, and can fit a 4” suppressor in that space. Width is 1”, except where the arm is, which is 1.34” down the length. Height is obviously a lot less, at 5.75” with 17 round mag inserted and EPS installed. Assembled weight is about 33-34 oz, depends on config. It was 40 oz at SiCo with their Spectre 9 suppressor, EPS and TLR7 and 2 empty mags.
    6 inch barrel is flush with the end of the shroud, so doesn’t add length.

CAPACITY is the same as the Raider, with various mag extensions coming. Same speed load system, but no more AR mag release, and I removed the screw which is problematic if not red loctited and torqued properly, so 2 less parts.
    Part count is less than half that of the Raider.

MATERIAL: Steel is still hardened, nitrided chromoly. Aluminum is 7075 T6.

WHY SO PRICEY?
    Because you’re poor, and so am I.
    It’s because it’s machined 7075, and that is not cheap, much more expensive than molding. Those parts then need to be carefully anodized, and we have to scrap those that get messed up.
    Apart from this - NOONE KNOWS THE PRICE! Arrius and I don’t know, so don’t believe silly people named Vinny on the internet. Shit costs what it costs, and if I was just here to make money, I wouldn’t be here talking to you.

WHY MACHINED?
    We chose to start with the machined version because the Raider X mold took 1-1.5 years from the moment it was designed to when we got parts, and because there are various aspects that will be a struggle with the molded version, particularly the hinge and the optic mount. Eventually, (year or two) we will have a molded one that will cost similar to the Raider X, hopefully even less. We cannot please everyone, but we do try.

LEFTIES:
    We will have a mirrored lefty version at some point, don’t know when. Until then, it works fine for lefties, just the same as the Raider X. Just don’t set it up for auto-deploy.

COMPATIBILITY:
    All P365 slides, barrels and FCUs should work. We haven’t tested them all, but they should. Comps that attach to the barrel don’t work, but the macro comp does - it’s just not ideal, and we recommend you use another slide. The macro comp/spectre also will not accept our 6 inch barrel.
    Compensators that attach to barrels do not work with the shroud, we will have our comps that will be flush with the frame.
    Macro mags only. Extensions are coming, as well as factory 21 rounders.

HOLSTERS:
    We should have our swappable IWB/OWB holster ready when the Raider 365 releases, at least for righties. We will also have a level two holster, but that will come after the Raider (X) holster.
    Auto deploy is a choice. Do it or don’t. It’s currently done by removing the release button, but I’m making it so it has a lockout feature. Most people are probably better off with the manual release, I’m just addicted to speed. I’ve been promised by very capable people they can get my draw down to 1 second with it.
    Grip mods/panels will be a thing eventually, on a higher end version. They add size and cost, which is why we didn’t start with them.

ACCESSORIES:
    The Raider 365 will come with the Hood/Shroud to protect your fingies. Other parts/accessories are add ons, including holsters and barrels, and will not come with the Raider 365.
    Optic mounts will be available for various optics.
    Holsters of various types will be available.
    Magwells
    Cheek risers/pads
    Buttpads
    Sling mounts
    Slides, barrels and comps
    Dovetails for OWB holster-less holstering.
    Etc, tons more from us and the community.

User Tag List