Page 27 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by Treecop View Post
    Plenty of other micro 9’s eat steel cased Tula. Shield and G43 come to mind, no reason a Sig shouldn’t function(go bang, preference is another issue)with any ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steel and aluminum cased ammo is not a metric for a weapons reliability. It is literally the worst, bottom of the barrel ammunition. Requiring the gun run on steel which will never be used in any serious self defense situation or situation where you're going into a threat environment, is dumb.

I'll say it again, like I did pages back. Small guns are harder to get to run right. You've got a lot less time to get the gun through the cycle of operations with. This pistol is designed to be a carry pistol, and run on premium self defense ammo. I'm not defending sig, in fact y'all were jumping to SIG's lube defense early while I thought it was a functional issue. So I was right lol. But hey, I gain nothing from it running or not running. But y'all want this wonder gun that runs on the shittiest ammo you can find, and also the premium stuff, AAAAAAND be a soft shooter with your 124 +p. Or the weirdoes running +p+. Or +p 147. You can't have both. I'd rather have it run 124 NATO and 124+p properly/as softly/flat as possible, vs run steel or 115 undercharged bargain box ammo. Because that's what I run personally, and I want my 124+p HST, Gold dot, and bonded Golden sabers to run properly. If it needs 124 NATO loaded ammo so be it.
    Last edited by navyman8903; 02-23-2018 at 03:12 AM.

One of the guys in my handgun class last weekend said he worked for a large dealer. He told the class they got a call from their distributor requesting they return all their remaining P365s because SIG was issuing a recall already. Has anyone else heard anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Does Sig even issue recalls these days? Or just “upgrades” [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    One of the guys in my handgun class last weekend said he worked for a large dealer. He told the class they got a call from their distributor requesting they return all their remaining P365s because SIG was issuing a recall already. Has anyone else heard anything?
    As I understand it, they were placed on a production hold, and dealer stock was recalled. They have already started shipping again. Changes included new springs and slight changes to cuts on the barrel. They also upgraded the sights. The changes were made to address some intermittent issues with return-to-battery (RTB) and excessive peening of the barrel. You can read the long version here.

Navyman, I agree with you in the context of micro compact pistols. With respect to service pistols, my P07 does all of those things, as do many other modern service pistols.

SIG having an immediate recall is no great surprise, but the fact they recognized and fixed the problem, and then upgraded to Xray sights, more than makes it right IMO

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Navyman, I agree with you in the context of micro compact pistols. With respect to service pistols, my P07 does all of those things, as do many other modern service pistols.

SIG having an immediate recall is no great surprise, but the fact they recognized and fixed the problem, and then upgraded to Xray sights, more than makes it right IMO
    At least SIG appears to be on top of this one if for no other reason than not wanting to maim a obvious potential golden goose.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    Steel and aluminum cased ammo is not a metric for a weapons reliability. It is literally the worst, bottom of the barrel ammunition. Requiring the gun run on steel which will never be used in any serious self defense situation or situation where you're going into a threat environment, is dumb.
    No its not.

It IS a metric for weapons reliability when other competitor pistols shoot it fine, but the P365 does not. In fact, I would say its a large metric that a firearm can shoot the crappiest ComBloc crap and then NATO loads..... which the G43, Shield, and PPS can all do.

I was at the local Cop supply store yesterday and was able to see one in the flesh. I was surprised at the size and how it felt in the hand. I can see one of these in my future, maybe in the fall. I never thought I would carry a G43 as much as I do but find it being my preferred off duty pistol more and more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'm in the same "wait and see" boat. When it appears that the bugs have been worked out, I can easily see this replacing my G43 AND G26 as my "off duty" carry pistol. I doubt it'll replace the G26 as BUG, but if it's 10+1 in a package the size of the G43, I'll take it.

I had a chance to shoot one today at a range a go to occasionally, they had a rental that just came in. Ran 250 rounds through it with zero malfunctions and got to compared it to my 43. It was the newer version, x-ray sights, and the new barrel and spring. Definetly smaller than the 43, really amazing they get 10 rounds into the gun. Recoil was about the same as the 43 so very manageble. The 365 is really an accurate gun, my groups where tighter than my 43 at just about every distance I shot from. While recoil seemed very similiar, it seemed easier to track my sights better on the 365. Trigger was very similiar to the 320 trigger so pretty decent, I do prefer my 43 trigger, probably due to the apex flat trigger shoe.

What I didn’t like is the magazine release, it is slightly angled forward. Truth be told, I put one on order back in Jan and I was hoping I wouldn’t like it and was thinking of cancelling my order if it didn’t run well. I think I’ll keep my order status active. If it were just the 7/8 round option, I wouldn’t get it, but 10/12 rounds in such a small gun that shoots very well and accurately is hard to bet. It seemed to me size wise closer to the 938 than the 43. All in all, for such a small gun it was very easy to shoot and accurate and just hard to beat the extra capacity you get.

User Tag List