Page 91 of 232 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Take a flashlight and get a close look at the walls of your chamber and let me know if the black nitron finish is burning/melting off in splotches.
    Nothing appears irregular in the chamber... do you have a reference on what it would look like?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would contact Sig and have them send you a label for a trip back, as something isn’t right with your sample.
    After an email and a phone conversation (courteous, but of course the extraction malfunction is ammunition related, bla, bla bla...) the pistol is on its was back to SigSauer. As a reminder, this is the second time back- first time for a dead front night sight.
    I’ll update once it’s been examined and I either hear back or the pistol comes back.

I now have 675 trouble free rounds through my born in March 2019 P365. I feel it’s good to go.
    Last edited by 4given; 08-23-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Am I the only one that would LOVE a .22 x-change kit for my 365? Not for training, just for plinking.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I have around 11,000 and am still shooting & carrying it daily.

It costs a little more to maintain than your average polymer pistol, but it is not bad. Clean every 500 rounds and replace the $25 recoil spring every 2500 rounds. The Sig Pro Shop recommends their $90 full service package every 5,000 rounds (all new springs, pins, new striker, etc) although most people don't bother with it.

Sig Pro Shop recommended service schedule:
    2,500: $25 recoil spring
    5,000: $90 full service package
    7,500: $25 recoil spring
    10,000: $90 full service package
    12,500: $25 recoil spring
    ------
    $255/12,500 rounds or ~$0.02/round maintenance
    Apologies if this question has been answered: is Sig allowing the free sale of parts (similar to Glock) or is making parts factory replacement only? The fact that Glock parts are plentiful and easily acquired is a big deal IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by chp5 View Post
    Apologies if this question has been answered: is Sig allowing the free sale of parts (similar to Glock) or is making parts factory replacement only? The fact that Glock parts are plentiful and easily acquired is a big deal IMO.
    You can buy parts from Sig or retailers like midwest gun works: https://www.midwestgunworks.com/sig-...365/parts.html

Quote Originally Posted by chp5 View Post
    You can buy direct from Sig. They make it pretty easy too.
    https://www.sigsauer.com/p365-parts-picker/
    Last edited by DamnYankee; 08-29-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    After an email and a phone conversation (courteous, but of course the extraction malfunction is ammunition related, bla, bla bla...) the pistol is on its was back to SigSauer. As a reminder, this is the second time back- first time for a dead front night sight.
    I’ll update once it’s been examined and I either hear back or the pistol comes back.
    The pistol is back from SigSauer today. Turnaround time was very acceptable!
    Gunsmith Comments:
    Inspected pistol.
    Replaced the following parts:
    Slide
    Extractor
    Extractor Spring and Inset
    Coil Pin
    Recoil Springs
    Lubricated and test fired 20 rds. of Winchester 115 gr. FMJ and 30 rds. of Speer Gold Dot 124 gr. GDHP, noting proper function with no failures.

Upon field stripping, it would appear that the barrel was also replaced (although not noted in the comments.)

Next step is to get it out to the range and see if it runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    The pistol is back from SigSauer today. Turnaround time was very acceptable!
    Gunsmith Comments:
    Inspected pistol.
    Replaced the following parts:
    Slide
    Extractor
    Extractor Spring and Inset
    Coil Pin
    Recoil Springs
    Lubricated and test fired 20 rds. of Winchester 115 gr. FMJ and 30 rds. of Speer Gold Dot 124 gr. GDHP, noting proper function with no failures.

Upon field stripping, it would appear that the barrel was also replaced (although not noted in the comments.)

Next step is to get it out to the range and see if it runs.
    So, basically they replaced the entire pistol less the grip module, FCU, and striker.

I've seen that "repair" recipe several times now with P365s, which makes me VERY leery of the design and construction of the pistol. If it's easier for the manufacturer to just strip the whole slide and replace it with a new one whenever someone sends a problem gun in, that upper must not be costing them very much.

Interestingly enough, this is the same pattern of "repair" that we've seen with Sig in many major P320-based contracts - any real issues with the pistols they either replace the entire upper with a new unit, or scrap the pistol altogether and send a replacement. I wonder where all those left over parts are going?

I've put about 450 rounds through mine. A combo of my reloads, Blazer Brass 115s and Gold Dots. No bobbles so far (fingers crossed). Manufacture date is June 2019.

User Tag List