Page 205 of 232 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Does SIG make a threaded barrel for the standard 365?

I had a small epiphany that results from the "FCU" design of the P365 series pistol today: You can use an unassembled grip module to aid in holster fit evaluation for AIWB.

I was playing with holster fit, thinking about removing the "spacer" on the Wing Claw area of my JM Custom Kydex AIWB 2.5 holster. You can see where it's removed, at the locaion of the three holes on the wing.

Anyway, it occurred to me that the grip module would slide right in, and lock in place, sans a slide. Doing this, I was able to check the result of this small change (I liked it, and will keep the "spacer" removed) directly on my belt. All this without disturbing the configuration my P365 was currently in (10+1 pocket carry, P365 slide, irons, Vedder Pocket Locker), just by using a spare grip module.

For whatever reason, I'd never thought to do this, but it is pretty obvious. Holster retention on most Kydex holsters is almost always via the trigger guard (all mine are). That being the case, the grip module, by itself, will lock into the holster. That way, you can easily test fit for comfort, belt position, orientation, pad position, clip type, etc. all without a "live" gun. Granted, there's no back of the slide, but the holster itself will serve as an approximate space model, especially if you use a Full Sweat Guard (I always do.) And even if you don't, the fit of the holster with a naked grip module only, will help you get an idea of where the holster fits on your body.

I find AIWB is such an individual thing, I'm always fiddling with fit, and this let me do a quick check.

Name:  IMG_2085.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  67.1 KB

Using MagGuts so 14+1 here. I always carry a spare 15 or 17-round mag except when I'm carrying the 365XL while running. Since I'm not carrying a spare then I like the extra capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Quick question regarding the carry magazine.. with broken in mags are you guys carrying 12+1 or just going with 11 in the mag to keep a little “play?”

Site Supporter
    I carry a PPM comped XL daily with a Magguts mag full of 147gr HST' s and a Maguts backup mag, all function 100%

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I am happy to report another drama-free session with my P365XL (Wilson Combat grip/Holosun 407k). Accuracy-wise seems equivalent to my Glock 26 Gen 5 at 25 yards. Freestyle, I can generally keep 50 rounds within a fist-sized group from there. However, I do notice less eye fatigue when shooting a dot vs. irons.

I also shot a friend’s P365X with a PMM comp & DPM recoil reduction system spring. Wow does that thing shoot flat.

Boy, I never thought you would stray away from your 26 gen5 man. When did this Sig thing happen???

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    Boy, I never thought you would stray away from your 26 gen5 man. When did this Sig thing happen???
    I still love the G26. However, I’ve been dealing with some sinus issues that is making it easier for me to shoot with a dot. I didn’t want to have to slice and dice my slide to give it a try. So far, the P365XL is performing very well!

Site Supporter
    I'm planning on adding the PMM Comp to my P365X with Wilson Combat Grip Module and Holosun 407Kx2. From what I'm reading, is the PMM Comp still the way to go? I know you can get the 365x Compensated Slide from SIG. Out of stock now and $499.99 plus an XL Recoil Spring. And from different tests it seems that the PMM is more effective, as well as more cost effective. Just checking on the hive's experience.
    Last edited by MDFA; 03-06-2023 at 06:31 AM.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    I'm planning on adding the PMM Comp to my P365X with Wilson Combat Grip Module and Holosun 407Kx2. From what I'm reading, is the PMM Comp still the way to go? I know you can get the 365x Compensated Slide from SIG. Out of stock now and $499.99 plus an XL Recoil Spring. And from different tests it seems that the PMM is more effective, as well as more cost effective. Just checking on the hive's experience.
    There’s a positive, noticeable difference in recoil between a friend’s P365X w/ PMM comp vs. my P365XL. He uses the DPM recoil reduction system spring with it. I haven’t tried the Sig comp slide, but my brain can’t imagine how it would work all that well.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....curacy-problem
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Hey, wife and Darryl Bolke also download 1.
    I honestly feel that with this gun it's not a bad choice because of how much force is on the top round there if you fully load the magazine. This is how I've been running mine also, even with the 10 round magazine.

User Tag List