Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    So everyone runs it 12+1, except GJM?
    I'm always +1 with a P365 series gun.

Hey, wife and Darryl Bolke also download 1.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Other than a 1911 (and I think I did on reloads) can’t think of a pistol (for serious use) that I didn’t download (never owned a HK)

G5 19 mags 1, all previous 19 mags 2. G26 1 on all. SW M&P 2.0 1

365 1, 10 round ban mags still working on. Shield is VERY difficult to get full mag in. Seems like the 43x was down 1 for me.

If a mag change ever was really necessary I doubt it will be done under ideal conditions so if I struggle to put it in under ideal conditions……well duh. SHO?

I dont use the XL grip, just the regular p365, and I have to download. My first outing with this gun is the only one when I had stoppages, until I realized that mags were overstuffed with 10.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A complaint with HK magazines, historically, has been that they hold less rounds than comparably sized magazines from other manufacturers. There was a reason HK did that.
    Until a few years ago when they re-engineered the P30/VP9 mags to 17 rounds and starting selling kits to fix the old ones. I am not on board with -1 for most of my platforms. The only instance in the last 40 years where I considered it because of problems is the 1911 and the 8 round magazines, where for many magazine designs the problem is certain.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I dont use the XL grip, just the regular p365, and I have to download. My first outing with this gun is the only one when I had stoppages, until I realized that mags were overstuffed with 10.
    I’m curious if that would still happen now that your magazines are broken in.

12+1 here but would consider running a 14 round reload.

With hot self defense ammo, never had an issue with a fully loaded mag not having the power to strip subsequent rounds.

But reloading a second mag that’s not fully stuffed would make reasonable sense. Less need for a tap rack.

I’m curious if that would still happen now that your magazines are broken in.
    I presume that depends on whether I use my range mags that are getting most of the mileage, or carry mags that are kept relatively fresh.
    Regardless, I am keeping them downloaded. I've a reasonable experience of ruining USPSA stages by trying to use overstuffed mags. Handling 365 with a full ten rounder in gives me the same feedback as 23 rounds in a CZ mag. I don't feel like the risk is worth the squeeze.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I’ve never had a failure with my P365XL or P320 compact, including with fully loaded mags, but I download (-1) the mag in the gun and the spares with both pistols because…

Safely at the range, I cannot feel a difference racking the slide or shooting with -2 or -1 in the mag, but I can feel a big difference racking the slide with a topped off magazine*. Also, both pistols have very consistent ejection patterns, and the P365XL is consistent regardless of topping off the magazine; however, my P320 ejects a bit weakly with a topped off magazine.

*When I focus on the slide with a topped off magazine, my P365XL feels about the same, but the P320’s slide feels sluggish. So I -1 for peace of mind and consistency (and with my P320 it’s arguably more of a necessity).

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I presume that depends on whether I use my range mags that are getting most of the mileage, or carry mags that are kept relatively fresh.
    Regardless, I am keeping them downloaded. I've a reasonable experience of ruining USPSA stages by trying to use overstuffed mags. Handling 365 with a full ten rounder in gives me the same feedback as 23 rounds in a CZ mag. I don't feel like the risk is worth the squeeze.
    Fair point - I’m 1,000 rounds in without any problems, maybe I’ll stick to the working recipe.

User Tag List