Page 58 of 232 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

I'm on a waiting list with the local LE distributor - have been for a seemingly VERY long time now. Got to fondle one at a different LGS today, and I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my copy at this point...

I just ran a 10 round mag through one at the local range. It’s a shooter.

I like my g43 just fine. I rarely carry it because I can carry a g26 with 13+1 in most of the same clothes. The 365 would give me some additional sartorial options.

I wonder if Phlster makes a skeleton for it?
    Last edited by jeffhughes; 11-11-2018 at 02:37 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    The 8 minute video could be easily reduced to 2 minutes.
    That's nutn. Nutnfancy could make it 54 minutes. With 53:27 of it being about Nutnfancy and the Nutnfancy project.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

So without going through all 15+ pages and with the understanding that individual pistols need to be vetted, does it generally appear the newer production 365s are good to go? I handled a dummy display in a shop and I'm now sufficiently intrigued to try one at the local rental range but I don't want to get my hopes up...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I handled one at an LGS the other day. I have felt better triggers on Windex bottles. Are they all like that? Long, springy and crunchy with an almost imperceptible break.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    So without going through all 15+ pages and with the understanding that individual pistols need to be vetted, does it generally appear the newer production 365s are good to go? I handled a dummy display in a shop and I'm now sufficiently intrigued to try one at the local rental range but I don't want to get my hopes up...
    I don't want to say yes but with my research I just did, I found that there are fewer 365s going back now. I found a poster on sigtalk that was keeping a running tally by serial number, born on date and the reason they gun went back. I am not a member there and did not bookmark it so I need to go back and try to find this so I can keep watch.There was a bunch at first, gen 1, for a myriad of reasons. then you got into the bad lot of strikers. From his list, anything with a date of July or later does not see the returns like there was at first. I'm not sure when Sig did the halt and started producing the gen 2s. One thing I noticed on his list, my SN and date does not fall in line with what he has. My SN would put it in his list of dates in the first week of September. My actual date is 24 September. I purchased mine through a LE/first responders sales program. Did mine get extra QC before leaving the plant and that is why there is a discrepancy?.

I just put another 200 rounds of my reloads through mine with no issue, 940 total to date and I have 300 rounds of Winchester 124 NATO that my go to the range here in a little while. This will get me well over 1000 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I handled one at an LGS the other day. I have felt better triggers on Windex bottles. Are they all like that? Long, springy and crunchy with an almost imperceptible break.
    I have a sample of 1. The trigger on mine has be long but smooth from day one. As for the break, it is what I would expect from any striker fired pistol. It is not the glass rod of a 1911 but I know when it lets go. I have found mine very shootable and despite the long trigger I can make accurate shots. I have only shot out to 25y so far and can easily hit the bull on a B8.

I got the call Wed (while I was out of state working) that my IOP 365 was in. Picked it up yesterday, and, as luck would have it, I was running a range (again out of state) this AM. Initial thoughts:

-I'm TOTALLY "meh" about the X-Ray sights. Mine have serrated rears, but the serrations aren't parallel to the top of the slide - which is just off-putting enough to draw attention AWAY from the front sight. The rear blades are also "rounded" to the outboard edge, which, frankly, I dislike, as it minimizes the amount of clear rear sight blade that I can use to center the top of the front sight. The front sight is not very visible at all, for a "high viz" front, and the tritium is pretty dim.

There, I got that nit picking out of the way.

-I'm not sure what kind of magic pixie dust they're putting on these pistols, but it's darned amazing that they got 10+1 into such a small package
    -I sold off my G43 because I could never warm up to it. It was squirmy in my hand, and it felt like my hand was only making contact with the front strap and the backstrap - like there was "air" between my palms and the sides of the grip. The texturing was nothing to write home about, either. The P365, which feels subjectively SMALLER, FEELS much better in my hand, even though it's still a flat-sided grip. The texturing on the grip module is MUCH better than the Glock - real goldilocks "not too rough, not to slick."
    -My P365 has a very decent trigger for a $450 polymer pistol. A medium weight but "firm" take up until you hit a slight wall, then a rolling break. Another P365sI fondled before I picked this one had lighter but less "distinct" trigger, a third had a marginal all around trigger (heavier, grittier, etc)
    -This pistol will SHOOT. First 60 rounds out of the box and I shot a much tighter perfect score on our qual than I usually shoot with my G19. Recoil is slightly more noticeable than with the G19 (I wouldn't want to shoot a 3,000 round course with this in a couple of days), but absolutely controllable in rapid fire.
    -The pistol was completely reliable through 200 rounds of our issued 147gr JHP in my hands and the hands of several other shooters

Overall, it's still early in the game to say this pistol is ready for prime time, and I'm very leery of other owners' reliability issues, but, so far, it's pretty darned impressive.

So, apparently, a dim front sight is a bit of an epidemic. I called Sig CS today, and spoke with an EXTREMELY pleasant young man who told me there is a major back-order for these front sights, so they can't ship me just a replacement sight. They did send a FEDEX label for the slide, though, so I can have them replace the sight for me - which they say will be a three week turn around (sigh)...

Except for the fact that I don't want to spend money to fix a defective product that I paid for, I'd just order an Ameriglo #8 front Pro-Glo and take care of this myself. We'll have to see how this goes.

Another 100 115 fmjs through the P365 today, total to date 2306.

User Tag List