Page 120 of 232 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    After my failed experiment with an orange Night Fision front sight, I pressed on an Ameriglo orange front. Much, much better - I’m going to try it with the SIG rear. Plus, the orange is a much brighter version. I may order another and replace the Night Fision I put on the M18, it’s that same dull orange as the failed one. Lesson learned.
    I'm curious as to your thoughts on the Ameriglo,
    my impression of the Night Fision orange is similar to yours.
    It had been on my 365 which was replaced with a Dawson FO
    then moved to my XL which now has the original Sig sight back on.

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    I'm curious as to your thoughts on the Ameriglo,
    my impression of the Night Fision orange is similar to yours.
    It had been on my 365 which was replaced with a Dawson FO
    then moved to my XL which now has the original Sig sight back on.
    Ameriglos are my standard, and as expected these feel normal to me. I was happy to see the front sight in the SG-434 Protector set front is the same height as stock, so I kept the SIG rear in place at least for now. Potato pic, there’s less light on each side of the blade when in hand:

Name:  F4654DDE-6984-47A2-9250-78E1E8DB4D69.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  14.0 KB

I run what Ameriglo used to call Hackathorns on most of my other pistols (orange front, plain serrated black rear), the current SG-434s seem to be the same thing. It appears this set uses a SG-212-230-O front (I’m confirming this), unlike Trijicon Ameriglo retains the stock SIG heights so they play nice intermixed with the SIG sights.

For some reason I have a really hard time picking up the stock SIG green ring fronts. I even went so far as to retake a color blindness test last night to confirm that wasn’t my issue.

In other ratgun news, it looks like my shoulder holster for the P365 is getting delivered today. I prefer shoulder carry when I’m in the Miata because of my fat ass and the high center console. It’s too late for this season, but I’ll be ready for Spring.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Ameriglos are my standard, and as expected these feel normal to me. I was happy to see the front sight in the SG-434 Protector set front is the same height as stock, so I kept the SIG rear in place at least for now. Potato pic, there’s less light on each side of the blade when in hand:

Name:  F4654DDE-6984-47A2-9250-78E1E8DB4D69.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  14.0 KB

I run what Ameriglo used to call Hackathorns on most of my other pistols (orange front, plain serrated black rear), the current SG-434s seem to be the same thing. It appears this set uses a SG-212-230-O front (I’m confirming this), unlike Trijicon Ameriglo retains the stock SIG heights so they play nice intermixed with the SIG sights.

For some reason I have a really hard time picking up the stock SIG green ring fronts. I even went so far as to retake a color blindness test last night to confirm that wasn’t my issue.

In other ratgun news, it looks like my shoulder holster for the P365 is getting delivered today. I prefer shoulder carry when I’m in the Miata because of my fat ass and the high center console. It’s too late for this season, but I’ll be ready for Spring.
    How long do you typically get out of Ameriglo tritium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    How long do you typically get out of Ameriglo tritium?

My oldest is about four years now - I haven’t noticed a difference. Have you had issues?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    My oldest is about four years now - I haven’t noticed a difference. Have you had issues?
    I have not yet tried Ameriglo. I am very picky with tritium brightness. I typically get 4-5 years out of Trijicon before I replace them. I was only happy with the TruGlo on my P365 for 2 years before I replaced them. The Night Fision currently on the gun are doing well, but it will be years before I know the long term durability, and I am mindful of your experience. The former P-T/MMC typically lasted 3 years for me.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I have not yet tried Ameriglo. I am very picky with tritium brightness. I typically get 4-5 years out of Trijicon before I replace them. I was only happy with the TruGlo on my P365 for 2 years before I replaced them. The Night Fision currently on the gun are doing well, but it will be years before I know the long term durability, and I am mindful of your experience. The former P-T/MMC typically lasted 3 years for me.

The oldest one I have handy is a 2017. My uncalibrated photographer’s eyeball is telling me it’s about 80% of the brightness of the 2021.
    Ken

Put another buncha rounds down range this past weekend. I met my son, who shot it with carry ammo as well as HST. He is right handed, and put rounds center of target as well. So I think I'll leave the optic adjustments alone.

I put together a make-shift holster to do some dry work with. I had an old JM CK shell for my P365XL I never sold, so I cut an optic channel and stuck on a MMT ACP and single PTD. Also had to cut down the wing so I could get a master grip (it still rotates the holster "in"). Interestingly the mags seem to fit pretty well in a backwards G17 pouch.

Name:  IMG_0032.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  67.9 KB

Has anyone tried swapping out a flat trigger for curved? I’ve seen cautions that it’s pretty complicated.
    Ken

Has anyone tried swapping out a flat trigger for curved? I’ve seen cautions that it’s pretty complicated.
    I did the opposite with a 365 (curved to flat) I bought.... took about 15 minutes and 7 curse words.

I swapped all my flat for curved.

It’s not that bad. It’s a necessary skill to understand the moving parts anyway so I think there’s benefit with knowing how your carry gun works.

User Tag List