Page 25 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

So a couple weeks in and already sig is "tweaking" production of the 365. No mention of the barrel wear that many a complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    So a couple weeks in and already sig is "tweaking" production of the 365. No mention of the barrel wear that many a complaining about.
    I read that message and thought it was a GLOCK response - now Sig's can't be limp wristed either!

Seriously, at least they're looking into it and being public about it without going through a bunch of BS like the P320 fiasco. Maybe learning has occurred in Exeter...

That's certainly looking on the bright side, yes, glad they are reacting quick but some would question how this was discovered during their testing. But then you have this quote from Bruce Gray.

This was a response from Bruce Gray, on the facebook page-
    "Let’s instead focus on what you will carry in your new P365. It won’t be commercially remanufactured or your own reloads. It won’t be any brand of FMJ, much less low-cost training ammo. And it probably won’t even be bulk-packed value-line JHP’s. Rather, you’ll carry first-quality duty / personal defense loads from one of the major players.
    That’s what your highly specialized P365 really needs to run with."

That's certainly looking on the bright side, yes, glad they are reacting quick but some would question how this was discovered during their testing. But then you have this quote from Bruce Gray.

"Let’s instead focus on what you will carry in your new P365. It won’t be commercially remanufactured or your own reloads. It won’t be any brand of FMJ, much less low-cost training ammo. And it probably won’t even be bulk-packed value-line JHP’s. Rather, you’ll carry first-quality duty / personal defense loads from one of the major players.

If hot ammo is the only requirement, I'd be fine with that. Nato ammo is available enough as target ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    If hot ammo is the only requirement, I'd be fine with that. Nato ammo is available enough as target ammo.
    I'd be curious as to what the RSA replacement interval is if the requirement to run proper is linked to hotter ammo. I was thinking at some point I'd be a sell out, eat some crow for all my griping about Sig and try a P365. But looking at the facebook post above I think I'll wait as it still looks like Sig can't get their shit together. Maybe Sig should have just licensed the mag design to other manufacturers that can actually execute and engineer something that works. For those who like Sig I'm not trying to bag on Sig just to be a dick but to stop shipment because there is an issue that was obviously not worked out as they were having the same problems on a reveal/press day is insane to me. Now guns are in customers hands and they have reports of them not working already? Less than a a few weeks? It seriously blows my mind I don't get WTF these dudes are smoking.

If anything I think “hot” defense ammo would exacerbate the issues that seem to be plaguing the P365 as of late; mainly the peening slides and barrels on a good number of pistols.
    Shoot more, post less...

If this gun isn't Walmart-ammo-reliable, it's dead already.
    Last edited by ST911; 02-12-2018 at 06:06 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

If a gun won't run on any SAAMI spec ammo I won't carry it... period.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

As much as I enjoy bagging on Sig, I hope they get this thing right. A 43 sized pistol with ten rounds, good trigger and sights, nice checkering and a sloped rear slide for concealment is very attractive.

Bet those that paid $800 on Gunbroker for a Gen 1 365 are thrilled by this development.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The ones who have Gunbroker also have the internet. Anyone with internet access and the ability to research, read, and comprehend, and then buys anything Sig puts to market right now gets exactly what they had coming to them.
    Last edited by M2CattleCo; 02-13-2018 at 11:55 AM.

User Tag List