Page 136 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    I waxed it and tuned it.

I’m used to it from Czechmate big sticks.

I’d have to check length but someone might have an extension that could go on.

But 20 rounders would be usable.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I waxed it and tuned it.

I’m used to it from Czechmate big sticks.

I’d have to check length but someone might have an extension that could go on.

But 20 rounders would be usable.
    If it actually works, is it really a ProMag?

I tried loading some more Black Hills 115 grain +P TAC XP rounds into the gun and manually ejecting the unfired rounds. I experienced the same thing--the loaded round getting caught in the ejection port when I tried to manually clear the firearm. This happened within three rounds. This time the rim of the case got caught on the breechface and extractor and would not come out without me using a screwdriver to help it slip out. As I said, I like this round because it has less recoil than comparable rounds--which is a big issue with this gun.

Here is a picture of the round stuck in the ejection port:

Name:  jammed round sig p365 - Copy.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  28.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I tried loading some more Black Hills 115 grain +P TAC XP rounds into the gun and manually ejecting the unfired rounds. I experienced the same thing--the loaded round getting caught in the ejection port when I tried to manually clear the firearm. This happened within three rounds. This time the rim of the case got caught on the breechface and extractor and would not come out without me using a screwdriver to help it slip out. As I said, I like this round because it has less recoil than comparable rounds--which is a big issue with this gun.

I was cleaning my P365x this morning, and had an idea for you to check out. What I noticed when I was "done" was quite a lot of build up of carbon/residue in this "breech face cut" area, circled in red in the photo (I took this picture after cleaning, after going at it with a polymer Tipton pick and a patch).

I was just thinking it might be a place to check, since from the looks of it, it seems very similar to the cut Glock put in the breach face, to aide ejection of the cartridges. If yours has build-up in that area, perhaps it is fouling the cartridge release "just" enough with your specific bullets to impede the cartridge coming out of the ejection port?

As say, just an idea, probably nothing, but might be a thought.

Name:  cleaning_area.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  47.4 KB

Do you think it’s the combination of the round bullet maybe loaded a little long as well as a thicker rim at the base?

And…

Does it only happen with full cartridges that you’re trying to manually eject? If empty brass ejects fine maybe it’s not actually an issue if you’re not clearing live ammo?

The other things to check are:

Remove the extractor claw and brush the crap out of the breech face and the backside of the claw to make sure it’s clean.

Last ditch effort is to radius the bottom of the claw to make more room.

I’ve had to do that with a G42 shooting 9x18 critical defense and CZ Czechmates shooting open major loaded longer than traditional 9mm otherwise it would bind.

Thanks, guys.

RJ, I checked the part of the gun highlighted and it is clean

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Do you think it’s the combination of the round bullet maybe loaded a little long as well as a thicker rim at the base?

And…

Does it only happen with full cartridges that you’re trying to manually eject? If empty brass ejects fine maybe it’s not actually an issue if you’re not clearing live ammo?
    1. I think it is an issue of of the loaded round being too long for the gun design to be able to eject. I have had no issues with it ejecting empty cases. I only encounter this issue when trying to unload the gun with a Black Hills +P 115 grain Tac XP in the chamber.

I imagine when Sig designed the gun they were trying to create the smallest package and did not consider the ability to eject every loaded round on the market. I am not familiar enough with the gun to be comfortable removing the extractor at this point. I suspect that it is an overall length issue.

As I have said, I like this round because it has good terminal performance with less recoil than other comparable self defense loads--even less recoil than an American Eagle 124 grain FMJ. This is a big issue with a small gun that recoils more since I have hand problems. I will check the gun out with some other loads both in terms of shooting and ejecting a live round for unloading purposes.

Here is a picture of the Black Hills 115 grain +P TAC XP hollowpoint next to a Federal 124 Grain HST round. You can see that the Black Hills round is longer overall. The case rim does not appear to be thicker.

Name:  round comparison - Copy.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  33.4 KB
    Last edited by Ed L; 01-23-2022 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks, guys.

RJ, I checked the part of the gun highlighted and it is clean

1. I think it is an issue of of the loaded round being too long for the gun design to be able to eject. I have had no issues with it ejecting empty cases. I only encounter this issue when trying to unload the gun with a Black Hills +P 115 grain Tac XP in the chamber.

I imagine when Sig designed the gun they were trying to create the smallest package and did not consider the ability to eject every loaded round on the market. I am not familiar enough with the gun to be comfortable removing the extractor at this point. I suspect that it is an overall length issue.

As I have said, I like this round because it has good terminal performance with less recoil than other comparable self defense loads--even less recoil than an American Eagle 124 grain FMJ. This is a big issue with a small gun that recoils more since I have hand problems. I will check the gun out with some other loads both in terms of shooting and ejecting a live round for unloading purposes.

Here is a picture of the Black Hills 115 grain +P TAC XP hollowpoint next to a Federal 124 Grain HST round. You can see that the Black Hills round is longer overall. The case rim does not appear to be thicker.

Name:  round comparison - Copy.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  33.4 KB
    For what it’s worth, my 2 365’s and one XL don’t like the Speer Lawman 124 lead free rounds. I had a malfunction rate of about 1/50 out of 3K rounds of it I put through them. The malfunction looked similar to your pics and those bullets are also noticeably longer than average. The guns run fine with gold dot and federal as well as four or five practice rounds I’ve tried.

@Ed L - that makes sense.

I’m slightly recoil sensitive, compared to most (5% tile in stature, M hands). I perceived an improvement when I switched to using the Wilson Combat grip module with the 1.5 Oz total added Tungsten weights. If you do end up changing ammo, and are looking to soften the shooting a bit, might be an idea to try the WC module down the road.

Site Supporter
    I had a Colt 1911 45 that hung up ejecting loaded rounds. The problem was it had the wrong ejector. Later I had the same issue with a Commander 38 Super but never could correct it. In the above instance I think the round is too long as has been said.

Serious question: Are observations and effects during hand-cycling useful, or indicative of anything? What?

A long OAL round in a short(er) port may be an issue for unload/clear.
    A round may otherwise stutter or bobble during a hand cycle but not live fire.

How much consideration should those get?
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List