Page 104 of 232 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17I View Post
    A similar thing would happen to me with the curved trigger once in awhile. I switched to the flat trigger in my 365 to match the 365 XL and the problem went away for me. And the flat trigger feels better to me.
    I was wondering if that might do it. I’ll give it a go before I give up on the 365. Thanks!

Site Supporter
    Put several mags through my friend's P365 today for the first time. That is a sweet shooting little gun. He had them all loaded up and I didn't know how many rounds it held. Being used to my PPS M2 for a subcompact, I kept thinking I'd just ridden the slide stop and it wasn't locking back. Pretty useable stock sights, too. Has me seriously considering dumping the Walther and picking one of these up for times when the full size gun just won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Put several mags through my friend's P365 today for the first time. That is a sweet shooting little gun. He had them all loaded up and I didn't know how many rounds it held. Being used to my PPS M2 for a subcompact, I kept thinking I'd just ridden the slide stop and it wasn't locking back. Pretty useable stock sights, too. Has me seriously considering dumping the Walther and picking one of these up for times when the full size gun just won't work.
    FWIW, I used to have a PPS M2. It was a nice small pistol, and I liked it aside from being a bit heavy for the capacity (and awkwardly, being a lefty, I tended to hit the mag release for some reason while carrying.)

Anyway, Shootin’ Partner has been pretty happy with her P365. It is a nice little shooter. For a 10+1 that fits in a pocket, it’s a good option, I think.

I’m almost at 500 through my P365XL, zero issues. I prefer the XL because of the longer grip, the smaller gun is just a mite too small.

I’ve had a P365 for about 18 months. It was a love/hate relationship for a while. Mainly because I have a large hand with long fingers which made shooting the gun a challenge. I decided to try one last thing before selling it off. I bought and installed a factory flat trigger. This increases the trigger reach just a bit. It just enough to make the gun more shootable for my hand size.

Once my Sig IOS dealer gets the P365XL’s back in stock, I’ll most likely pick one of them up as well.

So I'd like to scoot the front sight on my P365XL over a tad...but have no sight tool handy. I tried a C Clamp but don’t think it’s very effective.

With that, I am eyeing this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H9P7HYR...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Any thoughts as to whether this would work to move the front sight of a P365XL?

Rich,

PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Rich,

PM sent.
    Thanks, replied.

So I went to the range today, to check whether the new Dead Air Micro Brake I installed on my Rattler would stay in place or explode in a fireball (it was fine). Standard practice is, when I'm cleaning other guns after a range trip, I'll check out my normal carry gun (a manual safety P365 w/ Shield dot), shake out the dust and grit, relube, etc. I've been trying a Mika pocket holster cut to cover the dot (working great), and when I pulled the P365 out, the slide was resting about 1/2" out of battery. I dropped the mag, racked the slide, and the round in the chamber dropped out normally. Didn't think to just tap slide to see how much pressure was needed to push it back into battery. Looked it over, nothing apparently amiss. This was the 10-rd mag. Field stripped gun, saw nothing. Replaced full mag with slide closed. Fit was tight, but pretty much as always. Slowly pulled slide to rear, seemed to be more than normal resistance, but round fed cleanly when slide was released. Hand cycling subsequent rounds went smoothly.

Got a clean mag, repeated above, same results.

Tried pulling slide back slowly, with the full 10-rd mag in place. It did feel somewhat tight, and occasionally slide did not close completely without a hesitation (this is starting with the slide only an inch or so back). Not a realistic shooting situation, and gun has run virtually flawlessly since new. This is my carry gun, and has fewer rounds through it than a similar (sans dot) range gun.

Got out the other P365, tried all of above with the same two mags, and while there wasn't as much hesitation, the slide didn't snap closed with a full mag, again after being pulled back an inch or less.

Both guns cycled fine when the slide was dropped from slide lock, or pulled back more than a couple of inches and released.

Regardless, the fact that the original gun's slide was slightly out of battery when pulled from the holster was disconcerting.

Now, I expect it's reasonable to say that had I been using a hard holster the slide wouldn't have been pushed back.

Still . . .

Any suggestions about what I might have overlooked. Weakened spring? (This particular gun was late 2018 mfg, but I'm guessing has under 2,000 rounds through it.)

Thanks for any suggestions.

@flyrodr New RSA maybe? Interval being 2,500, maybe an idea to get a new one. I think I saw it back in stock at Osage.

That’s a good observation about soft vs. hard holsters. I’ll have a look at mine soon (Desantis Nemesis).

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    @flyrodr New RSA maybe? Interval being 2,500, maybe an idea to get a new one. I think I saw it back in stock at Osage.

That’s a good observation about soft vs. hard holsters. I’ll have a look at mine soon (Desantis Nemesis).
    @RJ Thanks. Yeah, that's what I was thinking, and have spent a couple of hours looking for one "because I know I ordered some". Found springs for about a half dozen or more other guns, some of which I don't have any more. But no P365.

Osage, you say. Thanks!!

User Tag List