Page 94 of 232 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That optic retails for $160 — hope it works out.
    Yeah . . . that's quite a bit less that the Shield I just put on my P365. Not hoping the Sig red dot is a fail. Really hoping the Shield is hugely terrific. And that the "w" truly is for waterproof. So far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    At the range today, I ran into a buddy who works for Sig Electro Optics. They were testing the p365 with their new Romeo 0 optic, and since they all had sore hands from shooting 50,000 rounds they asked me to help. I shot maybe 300 rounds of 124+P, and was quite impressed with this setup. The gun I used already had 5000+ rounds though it with no cleaning.

The gun shot well, and was surprisingly easy to shoot even with the full-power LE ammo. I had two FTF malfunctions, but it's hard to make any conclusions about reliability given how dirty the gun was. I did note that the primer strikes were nice and round. The Sig folks told me that the lockup issue was resolved.

The optic was impressive. It is the same width as the slide, and is all-polymer. Evidently they are making it entirely in-house in the Sig EO Oregon facility using robots.

I totally don't need another gun, and have no plans to buy a p365. But I was very impressed. With the Romeo 0, I think Sig may have a real winner for someone looking for a subcompact CCW with a RDS.
    Do you know when it will be available for purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Do you know when it will be available for purchase?
    No clue.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Dammit...

...I did not want to like this thing! Only a handful of rounds through a borrowed one, but it had an excellent trigger.

Any further thoughts from folks who have picked up manual safety versions?

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    Any further thoughts from folks who have picked up manual safety versions?
    I have one of each. The manual safety version works OK (I've been shooting 1911s for a few decades, so have seen plenty of the good and bad in thumb safeties). Safety engagement and disengagement is reasonably smooth and positive, although the thumb safety pad is, IMO, a bit too narrow. One's thumb can miss it or slide over/off it without solid contact, if either is slick (e.g., oily). or if wearing gloves. I think it could be a bit wider w/o compromising any concern over width/concealability.

The biggest issue, to me, would be whether or not one switches back and forth from pistols w/ and w/o manual safeties. I have shot 1911s and Glock/M&P/misc. striker-fired pistols enough that I can switch back and forth and reliably operate the 1911 safeties. But I have found that, if I switch back and forth between my two P365s, I sometimes forget to disengage the manual safety. Thus I've tried to stick with just the manual safety model.

Above is based on n=1; no idea if safety on/off pressures are similar from pistol to pistol. I will say my guns were built a year or so apart, and the triggers are very similar.

What’s the verdict on these? Have the bugs been worked out?

Quote Originally Posted by cclark View Post
    Sig still has bugs. Both my P365 and P365XL have been fine. The design seems sound. Quality control at the manufacturer is still the wild card.

Edit to add: Forgot to say "In my opinion"
    Last edited by cornstalker; 10-08-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    At the range today, I ran into a buddy who works for Sig Electro Optics. They were testing the p365 with their new Romeo 0 optic, and since they all had sore hands from shooting 50,000 rounds they asked me to help. I shot maybe 300 rounds of 124+P, and was quite impressed with this setup. The gun I used already had 5000+ rounds though it with no cleaning.

The gun shot well, and was surprisingly easy to shoot even with the full-power LE ammo. I had two FTF malfunctions, but it's hard to make any conclusions about reliability given how dirty the gun was. I did note that the primer strikes were nice and round. The Sig folks told me that the lockup issue was resolved.

The optic was impressive. It is the same width as the slide, and is all-polymer. Evidently they are making it entirely in-house in the Sig EO Oregon facility using robots.

I totally don't need another gun, and have no plans to buy a p365. But I was very impressed. With the Romeo 0, I think Sig may have a real winner for someone looking for a subcompact CCW with a RDS.

Was this with the P365 or P365XL? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cclark View Post
    I'll echo what cornstalker said. Almost all the P365s will be good to go, but a few slip through Sig's QC. I say go for it if you're willing to vet it with at least 500 rounds and potentially wait ~2 weeks if you have to send it back to Sig (for free). If you just want to buy a pistol, shoot 1 box of ammo through it, and then put it in service I'd look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    Was this with the P365 or P365XL? Thanks!
    Regular p365.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List