Page 126 of 234 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2334

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    What carry ammo are you guys using at the moment? I usually stick with 147gr HST, but I was curious if anyone opts for 124gr standard pressure in these?
    For our P365, Gold Dot 115, for reasons that escape me at the moment.

For the P365XL, Federal 147 HST or Gold Dot 124+p; same for the P365x.

What carry ammo are you guys using at the moment? I usually stick with 147gr HST, but I was curious if anyone opts for 124gr standard pressure in these?
    I carry Gold Dot 115 standard pressure. There was a long thread a few years back, suggesting 115 standard Gold Dot ran best in the Sig and Glock slimlines. The four inch Shield Plus likes 124+ P Gold Dot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I haven't had any issues with 124 +P GD through ~650 rds or so.

Site Supporter
    Yup, I carry standard pressure 124gr HST...
    They're not on Doc's list but, if I read between the
    lines correctly, they're a pretty damn close runner up.
    They seem to be a little more consistent / accurate
    than 147's in my 365 & XL, could just be me but...
    I also figure ammo' s pretty pricey and 147's can be
    scarce so I try and run hotter range ammo that runs
    pretty much the same POA / POI as the std pressure
    124 HST.
    A little across the board consistency gives me a bit
    more confidence in POI without burning through 147's
    or +P' s and the std pressure 124's seem more available.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    My hand on XL Boresight grip module. Still the texture is such that my support hand crushing into the side holds my primary hand fingers in place, to which my support hand "meat" adheres to. Gun stays flat and I don't have to re-grip. That may have something to do with the PMM comp as well.

Very interested in your thoughts regarding the PMM comp...TIA

Site Supporter
    147gr Gold Dots.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    For our P365, Gold Dot 115, for reasons that escape me at the moment.
    It took me a second to find it, but this thread below is how I came onto selecting the GD115s for the P365.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ths-with-a-G48

@GJM
    Last edited by RJ; 01-08-2022 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    Yup, I carry standard pressure 124gr HST...
    They're not on Doc's list but, if I read between the
    lines correctly, they're a pretty damn close runner up.
    They seem to be a little more consistent / accurate
    than 147's in my 365 & XL, could just be me but...
    I also figure ammo' s pretty pricey and 147's can be
    scarce so I try and run hotter range ammo that runs
    pretty much the same POA / POI as the std pressure
    124 HST.
    A little across the board consistency gives me a bit
    more confidence in POI without burning through 147's
    or +P' s and the std pressure 124's seem more available.
    I recall Doc saying the 124 was ok, the +p was just more better? I bought my stash of 147 HST/GD+p's in October 2020. If I need more SD ammo (and I have been burning through it, vetting the last few self-defense pistols, grrr) I will most likely look at Federal HST standard pressure 124 for a renewal. Trying to find in stock 147 HST or GD 124+p has been hit or miss lately (maybe it's getting better, I dunno) but it did seem like 124 standard was always easier to locate. And while the 124+p runs in my P365x, having a standard load that's less snappy and matches (bullet wise anyway) my preferred range ammo (AE 124 FMJ) seems like a good thing. Then I can just order enough for the next few years, stop worrying about ammo selection and get on with working on shot placement. (I'm sure I've heard that somewhere...)

Yep, I am definitely applying most of my support hand pressure as you’ve stated. The problem is I do not have much room where I’ve highlighted. My strong hand wraps almost the entire grip. However, with double stacks there’s a pocket for my hand to fit into.
    Interesting on hand size...I'd not really thought about it but it may be why the X grip suits my M hands well, I have a fair bit of room for my support hand:

Name:  IMG_0321.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  30.7 KB

Not to get into the weeds of a grip discussion, but I may try that front to back thing @GJM mentioned above next range session; seems like that has come up before; maybe sourced to the TPC / Ken Nelson / "pliable grip" subject that I recall watching a few videos about...

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Interesting on hand size...I'd not really thought about it but it may be why the X grip suits my M hands well, I have a fair bit of room for my support hand:

Name:  IMG_0321.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  30.7 KB

Not to get into the weeds of a grip discussion, but I may try that front to back thing @GJM mentioned above next range session; seems like that has come up before; maybe sourced to the TPC / Ken Nelson / "pliable grip" subject that I recall watching a few videos about...
    Yep, for example, my middle finger touches the pad of my thumb! I’ll keep an eye out for an option in the future, but for now I’ll have to stick to my G26.5 for carry. Your hand size is likely why the G26 didn’t feel comfortable for you.

The razorback is interesting, I just can’t justify the price.. maybe I can melt some plastic to it and hide it with a talon grip.

My other issue is the manual safety. It’s too far back and it cuts the hell out of my inner thumb. We need an updated version of it or an aftermarket safety that addresses the position. I’d go without one (which I’d prefer), but I don’t feel comfortable carrying that way AIWB.

User Tag List