Page 102 of 232 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2320

Thread: Sig P365 - Single Stack 9mm w/10+1 and 12+1

Has anyone else noticed the 10 round with pinky extension prints more than the flat 10 round mag.

I’ve noticed that the front of the pinky extension prints significantly more. I’m not sure if it’s my body type, holster or the gun itself. Never had this issue with glocks so I’m wondering it it’s related to grip angle.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

@t1tan, the footprint looks fantastic. I doubt you even notice the comp is there. I have been playing with a comp on 2 43X's for a while now and they seem to make a noticeable difference. I hope it works well for you. I am not a huge fan of the comp idea on a full size but on micro guns that are being carried as a primary they have merit.

The 365 with XL grip frame is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    All I need now is a dot, received my PMM Micro JTTC/Barrel combo, install was fine, I'd want bigger than a 6" adjustable wrench and a vice clamped to my counter next time, but looks good. Going to test it out maybe next week, waiting for my approved form 4 to show up before next range trip.

I am trying to figure this compensator business out, so please don't take this wrong and I appreciate the education. It appears if you install this and add the locktite or whatever they are calling it, you cannot take the upper apart for cleaning. Am I off target? Is the recoil reduction worth inability to disassemble?

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I am trying to figure this compensator business out, so please don't take this wrong and I appreciate the education. It appears if you install this and add the locktite or whatever they are calling it, you cannot take the upper apart for cleaning. Am I off target? Is the recoil reduction worth inability to disassemble?
    As far as comped pistols in general, yes I believe it’s worth it, and I do not believe it necessary to remove the barrel for general cleaning etc. It also depends on the system, this one would be a hassle to disassemble for anything, as was the Mayhem-Syndicate “cali” comp I had on a 19, but their new Mk2 design with a spring detent I have on my 45 takes 2 seconds.

The most I clean my pistols is field strip, wipe down, add more ALG 0000, reassemble, with comps I just don’t bother removing the barrel anymore, I just remove the recoil spring assembly, slide the barrel forward, put a drop of grease where the barrel hood meets the slide and give a light coat to the rest of the barrel.

I ran into a potential issue with the magazines. I was running some reload drills and dropping a partially full mag. They did not like this. It completely jammed up two magazines. The rounds got stuck where it goes Slims down from 1.5 stack to more single stack. One was a 10 round and the other a 12 round. Also they did not seem to like dirt at all. I had to disassemble the mag and the 12 round will no longer lock the slide back on empty. It still had some dirt and debris in it because I didn’t have a means to clean it other than trying to blow out the dirt. It still fed all the rounds after I fixed the jam issue but was disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    I ran into a potential issue with the magazines. I was running some reload drills and dropping a partially full mag. They did not like this. It completely jammed up two magazines. The rounds got stuck where it goes Slims down from 1.5 stack to more single stack. One was a 10 round and the other a 12 round. Also they did not seem to like dirt at all. I had to disassemble the mag and the 12 round will no longer lock the slide back on empty. It still had some dirt and debris in it because I didn’t have a means to clean it other than trying to blow out the dirt. It still fed all the rounds after I fixed the jam issue but was disappointing.
    I am pondering using my P365XL for USPSA here in FL (sand, dirt) so this is interesting. I saw a reference to another forum for these aftermarket baseplates, but am not sure if they might help:

https://www.sixaxisdev.com/products/...eid=c41b9b2621

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-06-07 16-17-34.jpg
Views: 1184
Size:  91.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I am pondering using my P365XL for USPSA here in FL (sand, dirt) so this is interesting. I saw a reference to another forum for these aftermarket baseplates, but am not sure if they might help:

https://www.sixaxisdev.com/products/...eid=c41b9b2621

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-06-07 16-17-34.jpg
Views: 1184
Size:  91.4 KB
    I was planning on experimenting with an XL in Uspsa. I will say that because of how stiff the magazine springs are, it is quite difficult to seat the mags on a speed reload. I had quite a few times in which the mag failed to seat fully. I’ve just been used to glocks and didn’t realize how soft the springs are in them. It will require a technique change. Slide lock reload is no issue. But I hope to not be doing slide lock reloads in competition.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    I was planning on experimenting with an XL in Uspsa. I will say that because of how stiff the magazine springs are, it is quite difficult to seat the mags on a speed reload. I had quite a few times in which the mag failed to seat fully. I’ve just been used to glocks and didn’t realize how soft the springs are in them. It will require a technique change. Slide lock reload is no issue. But I hope to not be doing slide lock reloads in competition.
    I ordered one of those extended basepads. $14.50 and $3.78 shipping was not bad for an experiment. Will post back once it arrives and I have a chance to do some reloads.

https://tactical.dev/collections/p36...-xl-pinky-plus

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I ordered one of those extended basepads. $14.50 and $3.78 shipping was not bad for an experiment. Will post back once it arrives and I have a chance to do some reloads.

https://tactical.dev/collections/p36...-xl-pinky-plus
    I’d have to test it more to confirm my suspicions but I don’t believe a different basepad would’ve resolved the issue I’m having with the mags. I think it occurs when a mag is dropped on the baseplate and downward force causes the rounds inside to compress down and when the rounds try to then go back up it creates a bottleneck.

Hopefully someone else will weigh in on it but this wasn’t a single mag it happened with two (the only two I used for reloads)

User Tag List