Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Man shoots himself, blames his Alien Gear holster

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    Uhm, why on earth did he unholster when getting in his car only to re-holster when he got wherever before getting out of the car?
    Poorly trained or untrained people do the darndest things with their firearms.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Poorly trained or untrained people do the darndest things with their firearms.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    It was the friggin' aliens, I tell ya!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    If I have to leave my gun in the car, which I only do when going into legally prohibitive places such as the courthouse or the post office, I take the whole holster out of my pants exactly to avoid handling the gun in a manner in which it can be fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have Raven Vanguards for my carry Glocks in the car (plus a gun safe) and my backpack which is lockable.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Son of Tex Grebner?

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    There is nothing wrong with looking the gun into the holster. If there truly was a problem then it could have been seen and resolved.

Then there is the issue of monkeying with the trigger. If you don't know what you are doing you are asking for trouble.
    There’s been a couple times at classes after many reps that I’ve seen my shirt get partway into my holster. Which isn’t a problem...because I always look.

If this wasn’t a finger on the trigger it was something else in the way. Even if that something was a shitty holster that flexed far enough to grab the trigger.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    As much as it's like chewing on a cat turd to say it, it wasn't the Alien Gear's fault. The shields on the new convertibles have a sheet metal stiffener (which kind of defeats the claimed benefits of a hybrid over a straight-up kydex holster).

Homes either had a finger or some piece of clothing in the trigger guard. Plus he was finger-banging his gun when there was no need to.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I really feel like a SCD + AIWB would prevent this. It's very easy to look the gun into the holster, and the SCD is an added later of security

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    Son of Tex Grebner?
    No, because Tex Grebner manned up, continued rolling, looked the camera in the eye and said (paraphrasing) "Boy, am I a dumb ass..."
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

"I carry a glock 19 with 3.5 Ghost trigger connector and springs".
    I have a 3.5 Ghost on my game Glock. Trigger break pressure at the tip is about 3.5 lbs.

Totally holster fault.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I really feel like a SCD + AIWB would prevent this. It's very easy to look the gun into the holster, and the SCD is an added later of security
    Lolz I will bet you ten PF dollars that this dude wiggles his finger and says "this is my safety" whenever discussion of The Gadget surfaces.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

User Tag List