Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10/22 upgrades

10/22 upgrades

I tried to search but my google fu is weak this morning. I plan to try out Appleseed this spring with a 10/22 and am looking for recommended upgrades. Other than the appleseed event, this will mostly be used for fun, taking recreational/new shooters to the range, etc.

So far everything is stock and I have extra mags, but that's it. I do have one of the blem Primary Arm microdots that I considered using, but also not sure how to mount. Otherwise, not sure if I should change anything out.

Thanks!

Send your trigger group to Brimstone. https://www.brimstonegunsmithing.com...2-trigger-work They have done 2 triggers for me. I think you need a sling for Appleseed, but I don't know anything about that. I have found that standard velocity ammo is more accurate for me. I use mostly Wolf Match Target.

I last did one ten years ago, so ymmv.

A sling is basically required. They encourage people to use irons if they can, and at one point some M1 style peep sights were available specifically for 10/22s called Tech Sights. But optics are fine as well.

A ggod trigger will be helpful, but also anything you can do to make the rifle more reliable will be to your benefit. I lost a lot of time fussing with jams and stovepipes, to the point I was doing better with a bolt-action.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

Site Supporter
    Tech sights, a usgi sling, and you’re good to go. Switch to a hogue stock to free float the barrel and keep the usgi sling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I replaced the extractor on 2 of mine with an aftermarket one to eliminate failure to eject. I forget if I used a Kidd or Volquertson. Also, the magazine is part of the ejection system on a 10-22.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...isplay.php?f=9

Everything you ever needed to know about 10-22's.

Bill, thanks for that Brimstone link. They're going to get a little business.

Site Supporter
    Appleseed sells USGI slings through their website. They are nice shooting slings, and can be used as a hasty sling, or detached from the rear swivel and looped around the support arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

As others have said, get a sling and Tech Sights. I highly recommend running irons in their class.

I'd skip all other mods until after Appleseed. Make sure you take some cleaning supplies to de gunk the action after the first day, I always saw some semi autos choking after 300 rounds. I've never run 10/22s, so I don't know what the magic combo is, but it seems like some are sensitive and others aren't.

I ran a CZ 452 through a few of their classes and then loaned that rifle to 5 other people for different events. Every single one said they were glad they ran a simple iron sighted rifle. Every one of them also scored "Rifleman" with the bolt action.
    Last edited by littlejerry; 01-08-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Tech Sights are awesome. #1 upgrade IMO.

User Tag List