Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hebrew Hammer...Ranch Edition

Wow! If I wasn't buying saltwater fishing gear right now I'd be all over a holster from her.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Mazel Tov to my Hebrew Brother! Is that middle finger/SSIII-esque paddle for retention, Darryl?

civiliandefender.com
    Yep. A lot of crossdraw holsters with a snap retention are hard to operate smoothly. This allows some good retention without a lot of effort to access the gun.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Yep. A lot of crossdraw holsters with a snap retention are hard to operate smoothly. This allows some good retention without a lot of effort to access the gun.
    I like it! I’m sure you remember, but for a time (until the regional manager shot me down) I ran a Safariland SSIII CROSSDRAW, with my 681, on the armored truck. I were it on a Sam Browne, to the right of my buckle, with the speedloaders between the buckle and the holster. It was a very secure, and comfortable for driving, rig. Lots of folks talk shit about the crossdraw, but like anything, it has strong plusses, and the minuses can be trained through.

I have a Purdy Gear Pocket carrier for a Comp I, and it’s great. She’s a wonderful artisan, and one of the few leather artists that really gets the functionality required for fighting rigs.

civiliandefender.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    That's sure a good lookin' holster! I'm sure the armadillo that I did in this past weekend with a Glock 19 drawn from a RCS Phantom IWB would've preferred the S&W treatment!
    I think what Mr Dobbs is trying to say:

Glock 19: 1 Armadillo
    Hebrew Hammer: 0

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Careful of those armadillos. They can shoot back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-s-shell.html
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

My 625 mountain gun saw this and is screaming to be wrapped in one!

Per chance, a website??
    Last edited by CSW; 01-09-2018 at 07:13 AM.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Careful of those armadillos. They can shoot back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-s-shell.html
    Must've been using a .22LR or some such. IME, .357 Mag doesn't bounce off.

.... i'll be in my bunk.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    My 625 mountain gun saw this and is screaming to be wrapped in one!

Per chance, a website??
    purdygear.com

civiliandefender.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I scored a wonderful crossdraw with a unique snap mechanism from Karla Van Horne from Purdue Leather at the DALLAS Safari Club show yesterday. I have covered one of her holsters forever and I love this style of holster and it was a perfect match for one of my 4” S&W 25-5’s. It is an awesome pairing
    That reminds me a little of the old Berns-Martin rigs, especially with the basket-weave stamping.

Gorgeous work.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List