Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: .22 magnum in revolvers...are they something to consider

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    LSP issued the High Standard .22 mag derringer during the 70s-80s. Shooting them at night was always kinda cool, especially followed by .357.

Worthless little gun but it did fit in a pocket OK, and many troopers actually carried them as a backup. I’m aware of more than one ND as a result of the lack of a trigger guard.
    The only reason I had one is that I got it for $25. I cannot imagine an ND though, because mine had what felt like a 30 pound trigger. Whether it was the way they drilled the bores or the shitty trigger I could not get two hits close together at anything but very close range. It was loud though.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    The only reason I had one is that I got it for $25. I cannot imagine an ND though, because mine had what felt like a 30 pound trigger. Whether it was the way they drilled the bores or the shitty trigger I could not get two hits close together at anything but very close range. It was loud though.
    Yep, 30 lb sounds right. The NDs were primarily from shoving in a boot or back pocket without a holster covering the open trigger.

Site Supporter
    About the NAA Minis - they love to shoot the bullets sideways into a target. Not always but common enough. The new breaktop ones are cute but not cute enough to buy IMHO. I'm sticking with the one I got for half the price, way back when for a tertiary bug, if at all.

In Birmingham back in 1990, 2 utes went into a barber shop to rob it. While overly engaged in threatening the manager, a 70 years old customer stood up behind them and, well executed both of them. He was using an old .22 WMR Hi Standard derringer.
    It made me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    I guess that's really the point I was trying to make.
    Then I agree with you 100% and apologize for not seeing it as you were pointing it out.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I recently went to a store and picked up a Ruger LCR. Took it shooting and fell in love with the trigger! Easiest trigger I have ever felt on a revolver. Not expensive, great trigger! I love .22! As an EMT I once witnessed an autopsy of a guy shot with a .22. I will forever have respect for the round! Look into it before buying. In my opinion, its a great carry revolver. Name:  A95C721C-C2EF-4502-B99F-F5D3AE5006AF.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  98.1 KB

User Tag List