Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TK Custom Lock Delete Plug

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I'm curious as to how it fits and any effect it has on the rest of the mechanism.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device via Tapatalk
    I put one in a 340PD the other day; fit and functions great. The plug itself is held in place by the safety retaining clip and spring, and does not interfere with any internal parts.

I’ve had multiple guys asking me about the spring that supports the retainer clip that holds the lock or replacement slug in place. Smith & Wesson will not sell these; after they sent me the wrong spring, they told me they don’t even have a part number for individual sale of that spring. JD from Original Precision, who actually makes the slugs for TK, has the springs for sale on his website for $7 each:

https://www.originalprecision.com/lo...ete-parts.html

OK, springs arrived so the 386PD is back together. While the gun was apart, I installed Wolff standard mainspring and 15 lb rebound slide spring (factory is 18 lb). Trigger is not noticeably lighter, but is noticeably smoother. Ignition is fine. First pic shows lock delete plug in place with retainer clip and spring. Second pic shows gun together blue plug in place.

Name:  plug - 1.jpg
Views: 3089
Size:  37.3 KB

Name:  plug - 1 (2).jpg
Views: 3999
Size:  101.5 KB

Gotta get one of those for my Model 69.

Site Supporter
    I installed a lock delete kit from Original Precision https://www.originalprecision.com/lo...ete-parts.html on a S&W 625PC this morning. Even given my limited "skills", the process was relatively smooth. I encourage you to search YouTube for videos on the S&W revolver lock. The Original Precision video is decent but, doesn't include everything you need to know. The kit shipped quickly. The plug fits well. JD was good about answering my phone call during the installation process. Best, ELN.

S&W 625PC with OEM lock:

Name:  S&W 625 left side w factory lock.jpg
Views: 2812
Size:  41.8 KB

Original Precision lock delete kit:

Name:  S&W 625 lock delete kit.jpg
Views: 2610
Size:  57.7 KB

Close up showing lock delete kit installed:

Name:  S&W 625 left side close up w lock delete kit installed.jpg
Views: 3121
Size:  43.3 KB