Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TK Custom Lock Delete Plug

TK Custom Lock Delete Plug

While shopping for moon clips on TK Custom, I stumbled across this item:

https://www.tkcustom.com/products/re...placement-plug

I've sort of ignored the locks on the two S&W revolvers I have with them, but they've always been a low-level irritation I kept telling myself I'd eventually do something about. I bought one of these for my 340PD and installed it today; nicely machined, fits beautifully, comes in stainless, blue or matte titanium, which I chose (took the pic before reinstalling the cylinder release so you could see the whole thing):

Name:  slug - 1.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  25.7 KB

I feel so much better now.
    Last edited by SteveB; 01-07-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Do you gut the entire lock mechanism or does it use the "fork" to retain the plug?
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Do you gut the entire lock mechanism or does it use the "fork" to retain the plug?
    You need the “fork” and it’s spring. TK sent an extra fork, but no spring, with the plug.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Is the fork the same as the OE part, or a little different?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Is the fork the same as the OE part, or a little different?
    Very slightly different, with the same finish as the plug. Not sure if the OE part will work with the plug.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    TK Custom appears to be using the same photo as this site, suggesting perhaps he's acting as a dealer. (Purely speculation, but the evidence is consistent with it...)

https://www.originalprecision.com/re...-pictures.html
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    TK Custom appears to be using the same photo as this site, suggesting perhaps he's acting as a dealer. (Purely speculation, but the evidence is consistent with it...)

https://www.originalprecision.com/re...-pictures.html
    Received a blue plug from TK today:

Name:  plug - 1.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  56.2 KB

I'd have to try and source a couple springs for the two J's I need to plug.
    When I gutted my locks... I gutted my locks and threw everything in the trash.
    I've heard that partial gutting or just grinding the tab off the flag can lead to a whole other set of problems and that complete removal was the safest (other than the hole, but I found that it's a decent place to occasionally add a drop of lube to the works).
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Received a blue plug from TK today.
    I'm curious as to how it fits and any effect it has on the rest of the mechanism.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device via Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I'd have to try and source a couple springs for the two J's I need to plug.
    When I gutted my locks... I gutted my locks and threw everything in the trash.
    I've heard that partial gutting or just grinding the tab off the flag can lead to a whole other set of problems and that complete removal was the safest (other than the hole, but I found that it's a decent place to occasionally add a drop of lube to the works).
    This was my problem as well...finally broke down and called S&W. Parts guy told me he could not find a part number for the spring, but that there is “one guy” at Smith who knows where the springs are. He promised to get one and mail it to me. Until I get it, my 386 is TU as I used that spring to put my 340 back together. As far as leaving the hole open goes, when I got the 340 apart, there were some serious lint & lube tumbleweeds in there.

User Tag List