Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Red dot pistols and EDC

GJM: Have you had any issues with RMRs digging up when going from a warm vehicle to cold outside conditions? How about rain?

Anyone else have issues like this?

I’m still on the fence but 2018 may very well be the year of the RMR for me. The ability to easily hit at longer ranges, shoot throug a single focal plane, and the ability to easily run a handgun under NODs is drawing me in. Several guys at my department and on my team have made the transiting and are having good results. I just wanna make sure the bandwagon is right before I toss out a grand or two.

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    GJM: Have you had any issues with RMRs digging up when going from a warm vehicle to cold outside conditions? How about rain?

Anyone else have issues like this?

I’m still on the fence but 2018 may very well be the year of the RMR for me. The ability to easily hit at longer ranges, shoot throug a single focal plane, and the ability to easily run a handgun under NODs is drawing me in. Several guys at my department and on my team have made the transiting and are having good results. I just wanna make sure the bandwagon is right before I toss out a grand or two.
    Just put some cat crap on the lens and you will be fine. My type 1 only fogged once prior to discovering cat crap. My type 2 has never done it since applying.
    Just a father trying to protect his family.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I never consider myself lucky, except when I read stuff like this. I am going on almost 8 years now EDC with a Glock19 and RMR and have not had any of those issues.
    It occurred to me today that some of my good luck may be contributed to the fact that my holster covers the RMR and thus protects it from bumps and bruises.

Site Supporter
    I have a RMR2 06 on a G19 GEN 4. I like it a lot, it's reliable and gives me single focal plane shooting. I carry it for work and it gives me zero problems. I have several thousand rounds on the red dot. What I like about is it shows all of my weaknesses and has taught me to have a better presentation and trigger control. I really see this when I shoot iron sights. If nothing else, I would have a red dot as a training gun and carry a gun with irons if I had too. The red dot will make you better. I still do stupid things when shooting, but I can see it happen and it's easier to diagnose on the fly with the red dot.

It occurred to me today that some of my good luck may be contributed to the fact that my holster covers the RMR and thus protects it from bumps and bruises.
    What holster do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic_RT View Post
    Just put some cat crap on the lens and you will be fine. My type 1 only fogged once prior to discovering cat crap. My type 2 has never done it since applying.
    Does that blur the lens?

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    What holster do you use?

Dale Fricke Seraphim. Was looking for a good picture, the one on his website doesn't really show how protected the RMR is. I have some other holsters as well, but that gets 90% of the use.

https://dalefrickeholsters.com/produ...ppendix-carry/
    Last edited by MVS; 01-12-2018 at 07:44 PM.

What do you guys use for a anti moisture product? I have heard rain x works quite well.

Dale Fricke Seraphim. Was looking for a good picture, the one on his website doesn't really show how protected the RMR is. I have some other holsters as well, but that gets 90% of the use.

https://dalefrickeholsters.com/produ...ppendix-carry/
    I really like that. Reminds me of the safariland 6354. Also keeps the rmr from hitting your skin and pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    What do you guys use for a anti moisture product? I have heard rain x works quite well.

I use “CatCrap”. You can find it online and my local Walmart has it in the sporting goods section.

User Tag List